Pistol elite?

Anchoku.8142

The asura is also holding something in his offhand. Likely an elixir, however it could be something else. Its probably nothing but I figured I'd point that out.

As for lore, there's a lot they could pull from. From Demon summoning to the tentacle monstrosities from the deep. But from what it looks like in the preview it looks pretty balk standard Plague doctor which is honestly a major disappointment to be perfectly honest. No eldritch horror.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i really like the idea of a pistol wielding necro. i come to think of the elite spec as a hybrid of necro and engineer base classes - van helsing style. by infusing its bullets with alchemy (elixirs) or supporting itself with tools (gadgets) or kits could be real fun to play with. the only thing i pray for is that they consider giving necro main- and off-hand pistol, because tbh base necro off-hand weapon suck. they are very underwhelming compared to other classes off-hand options. 
concerning the class mechanic i'm very curious what they came up with... and if they got finally rid of life force as a way to protect your health bar, what new tools we get to defend ourselves 😄 fingers crossed, everyone

Edited by Dschromm.2946
  • Like 3

IT IS Pistol clearly we can see that, if that makes sense or not dosent matter Anet have done the Elite Specc already. One positive note however is Necro most likely then be in first Beta test with Mesmer and one other so atleast we dont have to wait long to try it.

Edited by Ravezaar.4951

19 minutes ago, Ravezaar.4951 said:

IT IS Pistol clearly we can see that, if that makes sense or not dosent matter Anet have done the Elite Specc already. One positive note however is Necro most likely then be in first Beta test with Mesmer and one other so atleast we dont have to wait long to try it.

The preview picture was shown near the very end of the stream as one of the three beta preview professions to be playable in August so I do not think the wait will be long.

It is also interesting how Mesmer and, presumably, Necromancer will be in the first group. These two professions were/are difficult to balance.

If the Asura is actually holding a flask (and not just some random Focus), it could indeed be the Elixir-like icon with Pistol maybe being a mid-ranged AoE MH (think fumes like on Engineer Elixir Gun) which Necro indeed lacks. Personally, I'd be fine with that concept. But we will see...

I'm pretty interested in the pistol. I called it early on thinking what we needed was a dual main hand/off hand weapon as dagger is very lacking in that regard. Dual pistols would be a fun build to play with regardless.

I'm disappointed I won't be here to partake in the first beta test. As excited as I am for these events to happen, it's a lot easier to be involved when you're not juggling around summer holidays.

3 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

Pistol would be so lame, because it would be the most lazy and cheap effort to develop the necro class, because pistol is just more of what we already have (single target 900 range).

Weapon doesn't matter, they just gave 1200 range dagger weapon on mesmers. Pistol might be 1200 range as well, or 900 and a great power weapon to compete with axe lack of AOE or something. We'll see.

The weapon doesn't really matter to me too much, I'm more curious about how the elite spec will change the class mechanic. Nothing in the artwork to suggest the pet-focused spec I would've liked to see, so that's a shame. The artwork looked like he had a flask in his hand or and his belt, and that he was standing in a poison cloud, so I'm guessing it's going to be some sort of alchemist or plague doctor themed spec.

However, something like that feels like it would fit in the realm of 'fling around a lot of condi AoE' mechanics, isn't exactly new to the necro, so I don't know

Edited by Randin.5701

I really hoped for Ritualist as elite spec for the Necro. With a ritual sword as weapon.

I can't think of any other existing profession which will fit a Ritualist elite spec lore and theme wise better than the necro.

Yes the Revenant also channels his power from the mists and they also wear blindfolds but Revenants are Fighters with heavy armor, no scholars.

I am so not digging this. 

I mean I don't mind too much, espec weapons aren't required to use the espec itself, but idk... I was really hoping Pistol wouldn't be the espec weapon, among some others I didn't want to see. My hype for Necro's elite is pretty much gone right now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zalavaaris.5329 said:

What if this new spec brings more mobility to necro? Grappling hooks or some other kit thing?

If it does, it's unlikely to come from the mainhand pistol.  Necro may get mobility, but unlikely to be anything that's not a gap closer, and gap closers aren't what you want to use with a ranged mainhand.

3 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

If it does, it's unlikely to come from the mainhand pistol.  Necro may get mobility, but unlikely to be anything that's not a gap closer, and gap closers aren't what you want to use with a ranged mainhand.

Unless it's integrated into some new shade mechanic or something. Not sure but it would be cool. I'm imagining this vampire slayer style gun slinger with stun grenades, gas bombs, and a grapling hook. Could be sweet. 

2 minutes ago, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

So, here's the big question:

Are people anticipating Gadgets, Elixirs, or something else as the new utility skills?

My guess would be gadgets that can also encorporate throwable poison bombs etc. There might be arguments on the semantics of what's considered what, but I envision they will have access to a combo of gadgets and poison bombs. (Based on zero evidence just a wild imagination lol)

Personally, not very excited about this spec if it is indeed the alchemist/gadget/vampire slayer spec everyone is alluding to.  If I wanted to play a gunslinger with elixirs/gadgets, I would play engineer. I can never understand the hype behind "add something thematically unrelated to my class because it doesn't fill x role."  How about you play a different class that does fit that role then instead of requesting the melding all classes together until there is no difference between each. Who knows, the spec might be awesome, but I was definitely more interested in seeing a "death-y" themed one. Expansion looks epic though. 

3 minutes ago, DeathsProphet.7460 said:

Personally, not very excited about this spec if it is indeed the alchemist/gadget/vampire slayer spec everyone is alluding to.  If I wanted to play a gunslinger with elixirs/gadgets, I would play engineer. I can never understand the hype behind "add something thematically unrelated to my class because it doesn't fill x role."  How about you play a different class that does fit that role then instead of requesting the melding all classes together until there is no difference between each. Who knows, the spec might be awesome, but I was definitely more interested in seeing a "death-y" themed one. Expansion looks epic though. 

Scourges is not exactly what you would asociate a necromancer with.

So far only Reaper have a true necromancer vibe.

2 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Scourges is not exactly what you would asociate a necromancer with.

So far only Reaper have a true necromancer vibe.

I would say summoning shades is fairly relatable to the theme of a necromancer. 

I'm just curious how a "dark" engineer will provide anything thematically relevant and interesting to the class. But, we still have no clue what the actual mechanics are and we'll know in a few weeks.