EoD is a $30 Patch.....

37 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I have no problem with people saying I like this zone, or I don't like this zone. That's not really my issue. Badly designed however, is something I feel is different than I don't like the design. Saying it's badly designed means this person, who doesn't really get the zone, can't find their way around the zone, for whatever reason, is qualified to comment on the design of the zone. They can say they don't believe it's well designed. But they can't say it's not well designed because that's just an opinion. I'm fighting fire with fire.

You don't like the zone. Fine. I have no issue with that.  But badly designed implies something different. You can say the minimap is inadequate for the design of the zone and I'd even agree with that.  Saying you don't like something is fair game. I don't mind that. But how things are phrased carries weight and if I see something that I don't agree with, I'm going to comment.

I am saying its badly designed. I can find my way around the zone, i still think its a terribly designed map, and i dont want to see any maps like it in the future.

Yes, its an opinion, as is yours that the zone is well designed. I(And others) can say its badly designed, as you can say its well designed.

I hope to the gods that the city in EOD is nowhere near how it was designed in the first game, that too was badly designed, and a major part about why i hated that expansion in the first place.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I am saying its badly designed. I can find my way around the zone, i still think its a terribly designed map, and i dont want to see any maps like it in the future.

Yes, its an opinion, as is yours that the zone is well designed. I(And others) can say its badly designed, as you can say its well designed.

I hope to the gods that the city in EOD is nowhere near how it was designed in the first game, that too was badly designed, and a major part about why i hated that expansion in the first place.

I disagree that something is badly designed because some players can't find their way around. You can use those words, but I disagree with them. You don't like the design, but it's a coherent design that can be solved. It's meant to be a puzzle.. If you don't like a puzzle that's fine. But it doesn't make the design of the puzzle bad.  Anyway I disagree with the word use, and nothing you can say will change my opinion on the definition of those words. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeph.5927 said:

You keep stating your opinion as fact. That’s not how that works.

I didn't do it any more than you did in the post before mine. Except I have some justification for my opinion and repeat "it feels", which clearly points out that these are my feelings. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dante.1763 said:

It's called "tangled depths", it shows that -at least at first- it's supposed to be convoluted. If a maze is supposed to be a maze, then someone saying "I don't like it because I can't find my way around" doesn't suddenly make it a bad design. The map does what it's supposed to do and conveys the feelings it's supposed to convey, so it's well designed. You're free to dislike it, but it doesn't make it "badly designed". I think that's the main point here that some people seem to not understand.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Am amused how this thread has devolved into an argument on whether Tangle Depths is a good map or not, all thanks to an off-hand comment someone made for an entirely different purpose.

Well you got to admit that if EoD just consisted of EBG replaced with Tangled Depths for $30, it would still be worth every penny.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's called "tangled depths", it shows that -at least at first- it's supposed to be convoluted. If a maze is supposed to be a maze, then someone saying "I don't like it because I can't find my way around" doesn't suddenly make it a bad design. The map does what it's supposed to do and conveys the feelings it's supposed to convey, so it's well designed. You're free to dislike it, but it doesn't make it "badly designed". I think that's the main point here that some people seem to not understand.

Completely true, the fact that so many people dislike the map is proof that it is well-designed. It makes you feel this hopelessness when you start exploring. 🙂

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Well you got to admit that if EoD just consisted of EBG replaced with Tangled Depths for $30, it would still be worth every penny.

If they made an expac with only td like maps idd buy the deluxe edition without question. 

It would probably not be healthy for the game though. 🙂

• Confused 1

Design wise TD is on a completely different level to core and Pof maps. The later are mostly just flat terrain with different obstacles while TD has several levels that that can be traversed both horizontally and vertically with many convergence points that really had to be thought out. And it definitely does it's name justice. And it offers many secrets and a proper dungeon crawl through to it's rpg genre.

Outright saying that TD is bad design without any explanation besides it doesn't hold my hand when I want to go from point A to B is an insult to it's designers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well ill be honest the "features" are extremely lack luster for something you need to pay for and i doubt were going to see anything else interesting compared to what info we already have. People will get mad and defend guild wars 2 regardless but its the fact I've been coming back on and off since release only to find the most updated thing is the cash shop. I'll be playing it more then likely but still sucks to see ArenaNet not fully caring about its players and only looking for ways to make money off of them.

Edited by Gotcha.9703
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Gotcha.9703 said:

Well ill be honest the "features" are extremely lack luster for something you need to pay for and i doubt were going to see anything else interesting compared to what info we already have. People will get mad and defend guild wars 2 regardless but its the fact I've been coming back on and off since release only to find the most updated thing is the cash shop. I'll be playing it more then likely but still sucks to see ArenaNet not fully caring about its players and only looking for ways to make money off of them.

Well its a corportation ofcourse it want to make money.

If they dident we would not have any gw2 game to play anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well its a corportation ofcourse it want to make money.

If they dident we would not have any gw2 game to play anyway.

I mean the cash shop isn't the worst in the mmorpg genre but its the fact they barely add any new cool looking gear inside the game besides the legendary stuff, then rely on people to buy costumes/weapon/armor skins off the cash shop.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Gotcha.9703 said:

I mean the cash shop isn't the worst in the mmorpg genre but its the fact they barely add any new cool looking gear inside the game besides the legendary stuff, then rely on people to buy costumes/weapon/armor skins off the cash shop.

See you say that, but outside of backpacks most of my armor is stuff i can earn without converting gold to gems even.

Mountskins/Gliderskins/Backpacks are the most annoying things that remain tied to the gemstore for cool/thematic stuff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gotcha.9703 said:

I have no idea what game you're playing, but I came back to GW2 only around last month and I've gotten more new content without even going into the Cash Shop once. If you're gauging the amount of updates that have happened up till IBS with just cash shop stuff, it doesn't sound like you're playing the game at all but just staring at the cash shop.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Duke Blackrose.4981 said:

Compared to other MMOs, it's downright generous. ESO spams lackluster xpacs so frequently that they've ceased to be newsworthy. WoW charges for xpacs on top of a subscription and still has the nerve to have a cash shop.

GW2's cash shop is down right predatory. SWTOR and ESO are pretty bad too.

But compared to WoW and FF14? I don't think so.

Sure WoW charges for their expansions and have a sub fee. But they bring more content, and their cash shop isn't charging real money for bank space, inventory space, infinite gathering tools, premium VIP areas, character creation slots, changing the look of your outfit, changing the look of your character, etc.

Unless you play GW2 religiously and don't miss any of the season story unlocks, you're also paying an arm and a leg in gems for that as well. That's honestly worse than paying for an expansion.

Only people who play GW2 continuously and nothing else will defend this.

Edited by Azure Prower.8701
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 4

14 minutes ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

Unless you play GW2 religiously and don't miss any of the season story unlocks, you're also paying an arm and a leg in gems for that as well. That's honestly worse than paying for an expansion.

Play religiously to unlock lw seasons? What are you even talking about?  You had to log in about once a month to get them for free.

...and for later seasons it's closer to once every 3 months. 🙄  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Gotcha.9703 said:

The price of the expansion is 2 months of WoW or Final Fantasy. That's it. It's been years since there's been an expansion. During the regular time, if you log in you get Living World episodes free.  Even if there's only four maps with the $30 expansion and 9 elite specs, it's still only 2 months of WoW and Final Fantasy...and don't they also charge for expansions AS Well.

Nor is it like ESO where you have to pay the sub or buy the content to get the new content, or SWToR where you pretty much can't do anything without subbing except play the story. It's like pay to walk. 

It's not pay to win either, like a few games I could name.

I'm not really sure I understand why people think charging $30 for 9 new elite specs and a bunch of new zones with some other new stuff is some sort of cash grab. Seems to me, people expect stuff for next to nothing. It's not really the way the world works.

2 hours ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

GW2's cash shop is down right predatory. SWTOR and ESO are pretty bad too.

But compared to WoW and FF14? I don't think so.

Sure WoW charges for their expansions and have a sub fee. But they bring more content, and their cash shop isn't charging real money for bank space, inventory space, infinite gathering tools, premium VIP areas, character creation slots, changing the look of your outfit, changing the look of your character, etc.

Only people who play GW2 continuously and nothing else will defend this.

Probably because people who play GW2 continously doesnt ignore the fact that we can convert gold to gems which always means a desired account upgrade is a few days of PvE farming away, maybe a week.

But apparently even that low bar set isnt enough for some.

29 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Probably because people who play GW2 continously doesnt ignore the fact that we can convert gold to gems which always means a desired account upgrade is a few days of PvE farming away, maybe a week.

But apparently even that low bar set isnt enough for some.

WoW goes one step further. You can purchase any thing from the blizzard store (including subs and expansions) by buying tokens with gold. GW2 isn't special in that regard, nor is such a feature a positive.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It's not pay to win either

GW2 has been pay to win from day one. Converting gems to gold to buy any thing you want in game from the trading post or merchants with real money. Want a legendary weapon that has the best stats in the game? Bam! You win Gear Wars and Fashion Wars.

Edited by Azure Prower.8701
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

GW2 has been pay to win from day one. Converting gems to gold to buy any thing you want in game from the trading post or merchants with real money. Want a legendary weapon that has the best stats in the game? Bam! You win Gear Wars and Fashion Wars.

Yeah it will be better if they introduce mounts (that have an Action House mechanic on them)  for 2 million gold and then retire them after 5 months for scarcity .

Or offer a Black Action House from Pandaria , where occasionally will show up Gear (till now)  that  the biggest person who Bid it , can get it   .

Wasn't  lately , that they offered Garrosh  (weak people wants peace)   shoulders ?

Edited by Noir.8561
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

GW2 has been pay to win from day one. Converting gems to gold to buy any thing you want in game from the trading post or merchants with real money. 

🤣😂.

36 minutes ago, Azure Prower.8701 said:

Want a legendary weapon that has the best stats in the game? Bam! You win Gear Wars and Fashion Wars.

Wow legendary weapon have more stats than ascended weapons and cool looking gen2 weapons like Exordium can be bought in gemstore and trading post.

legendary armors sure have +100 stats from ascended armors and sure it can be bought in gemstore... Gw2 is just a pay 2 win game yesyesyes! Absolutely truly true! 

😂

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

8 minutes ago, Noir.8561 said:

Yeah it will be better if they introduce mounts (that have an Action House mechanic on them)  for 2 million gold and then retire them after 5 months for scarcity .

Or offer a Black Action House from Pandaria , where occasionally will show up Gear (till now)  that  the biggest person who Bid it , can get it   

You're acting like that is any different from GW2's "limited time" stuff that is also removed from the shop for scarcity.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

And I sincerely, honestly hope there will be more maps like it in this game's future, because it was hands down the map I had most fun exploring in the entire game, and none of the PoF maps came even moderately close to the fun I had there. Runner-up probably is Draconis Mons for me in terms of exploration fun, but TD is the king.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1