EoD is a $30 Patch.....

18 hours ago, Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

yes and in the first look you present the boring stuff like fishing! thats marketing!

Yeah.  Wait, there's a thread that's over a year old requesting fishing...  I seem to recall it even got some traction back then, and it may even be older than that.  So marketing a feature that's been requested by the community is bad marketing?  I wonder, what is good marketing then?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dantert.1803 said:

agree 100%.
and if this is a marketing strategy,(I think is not) they failed it big time and they now should do damage control.
The people that will lose faith now will not listen later... I ave friends that just unfollowed the gw2 facebook page because they don't care anymore after this sneak peak...that's how bad that is...

No, that's just how uninformed they are. Anyone that judges an expansion based on a 30 minute reveal is fickle to start with. Everything we saw maps to the features and content of the other two expansions ... and THEN some. Just because those features don't appeal to you or your fickle friends doesn't mean it's not value to other people as an expansion. The game doesn't cater to you or any other individual. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

9 Brand new class mechanics, 9 new traitlines with new synergies between skills and new weapons. New utilites, new group roles & playstyles. As i said before, they are practically new classes.

True, but some people seem to judge only by labels. It's not called a "new class" so it can't be. They prefer copy&pasted "new" classes in other mmo's with some minor and very few major adjustments because they are labeled by the marketing guys as "new class". Same thing you see with instanced group content - it's not called dungeon or raid, so it's not worth it to give encounters a try.

I wonder whether this is a unique thing with GW2 community or other games have similarly futile discussions upon labels and what they basically mean. You know, annoncing two new "jobs" instead of classes for a new expansion and people screaming "no new classes, nobody will buy it!" - is it an issue over there?

Edited by yoguil.7320
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Their big features are a mount.....you know....something we've had multiple times in a patch already......

A skiff....something that already exists as mount...this isn't a new feature.

And, Fishing.....something that is literally a patch....about as big and feature heavy as our sitting in chairs patch.

Everything you've listed here is stuff that I wouldn't even notice if they cut.

You're paying for the campaign and the new class specializations.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, that's just how uninformed they are. Anyone that judges an expansion based on a 30 minute reveal is fickle to start with. Everything we saw maps to the features and content of the other two expansions ... and THEN some. Just because those features don't appeal to you or your fickle friends doesn't mean it's not value to other people as an expansion. The game doesn't cater to you or any other individual. 

On that we disagree.

I dont think any of the new things are on the level of new features offered in previous expansions.

Cantha alone is worth 30$, on that i agree, everything else they listed was "okay", but not imo expansion level features, ecspecially compared to the other two releases that had alot more new stuff. Which is why i will continue to be harsh with it.

Both previous expansions offered game changing new features.

Elite specs are a gurantee per expansion, as such i dont count them as highly as some folks do as they are guranteed. Further we dont even know what they all are. I cant get excited about two classes i dont enjoy playing and a new elite spec isnt going to change that

The skiff and fishing are going to be nice for folks who enjoy that stuff and im glad they got it, but they arent expansion level content IMO.

The siege turtle is a mount, which POF introduced us to, we also got two mounts for free following POFs release.

Masteries got introduced in HOT, they arent new either.

I already bought it, due to cantha. But none of what they showed makes me excited. None of what they showed is truly new aside from fishing, elite specs and going to cantha and even cantha is a repeat of past of content(which i hated gw1 cantha.).

One can love the game as i do, and be concerned and judgemental as well(keep it polite ofc, no need to be rude.).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

On that we disagree.

Judge the game as you will. What I said isn't a matter of opinion. The features and content we were presented align with previous expansions. Whether you like them or not is a different matter. Categorizing various features with labels like 'not new' or 'not game changing' doesn't mean they can just be dismissed to argue it's deficient. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

9 Brand new class mechanics, 9 new traitlines with new synergies between skills and new weapons. New utilites, new group roles & playstyles. As i said before, they are practically new classes.

Practically new classes using old traitlines, old weapons (unless you never swap weapon huh), old utilities and modified class mechanic which may or not even be all that much different - like chrono basically having olny  different f4 and f1-3 slighty modified f1-3 doing basically the same thing except shatter doesnt occur at mesmer location🥱 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

Practically new classes using old traitlines, old weapons (unless you never swap weapon huh), old utilities and modified class mechanic which may or not even be all that much different - like chrono basically having olny  different f4 and f1-3 slighty modified f1-3 doing basically the same thing except shatter doesnt occur at mesmer location🥱 

That doesn't make sense ... especs are theme based developments and always shared elements with core. Are you implying Virtuoso isn't 'espec' enough to count or something?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't make sense ... especs are theme based developments and always shared elements with core. Are you implying Virtuoso isn't 'espec' enough to count or something?

I imply that elite specs are nowhere close enough to be considered a brand new class. Like lmao. How elite spec can be even compared to a whole revenant class released with HOT? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

5 new maps? That's hopeful. lol

What? Now you're just being purposefully negative. HoT gave us 4, PoF gave us 5. Both seem reasonable for EoD: Shing Jea, Kaineng City, Echovald Forest, Jade Sea all seem reasonable to expect. You could maybe see a 5th map as either a meta somewhere (like Dragon's Stand), or else something like Raisu Palace.

Edit: Anyway, I think anyone who hyped themselves up over a new Tengu playable race was hyping themselves up for disappointment. There's been no indication a new playable race was in the works, and Tengu would be extremely shoe-horned in as they would never make sense in any previous story or as a Pact Commander. There is the option of a separate personal story and the idea of a "Central Cantha" or whatever you want to call it for leveling, but let's be real, this has never been the scope of expansions thus far and to expect it now was to set yourself up for disappointment.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

What? Now you're just being purposefully negative. HoT gave us 4, PoF gave us 5. Both seem reasonable for EoD: Shing Jeanier, Kaineng City, Echovald Forest, Jade Sea, and you could maybe see a 5th map as either a meta somewhere (like Dragon's Stand), or else something like Raisu Palace.

Some people genuinely don't know that by default, Cantha is 4 different explorable regions, putting in a 5th or even 6th region isn't outside of possibility since the map from the first GW doesn't even explore the southern most region of this continent. 

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/b/b5/Cantha_unexplored_map.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

Some people genuinely don't know that by default, Cantha is 4 different explorable regions, putting in a 5th or even 6th region isn't outside of possibility since the map from the first GW doesn't even explore the southern most region of this continent. 

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/b/b5/Cantha_unexplored_map.jpg

Very true! 

I edited my post. Didn't catch auto-correct for "Shing Jea" sigh. 😀

16 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Judge the game as you will. What I said isn't a matter of opinion. The features and content we were presented align with previous expansions. Whether you like them or not is a different matter. Categorizing various features with labels like 'not new' or 'not game changing' doesn't mean they can just be dismissed to argue it's deficient. 

They can actually. You can argue they are game changing features being added, but we will disagree there.

HOT introduced for the first time a new class, gliding, masteries, and raids. Along with the first elite specs.

POF introduced mounts for the first time. Along with more masteries, and elite specs.

EOD is introducing for the first time Fishing, and the Skiff. Along with a mount, and more masteries and elite specs.

Now, of those the Introduction of Gliding, Mounts, and a new class are far more game changing than what they have shown for EOD.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

They can actually. You can argue they are game changing features being added, but we will disagree there.

HOT introduced for the first time a new class, gliding, masteries, and raids. Along with the first elite specs.

POF introduced mounts for the first time. Along with more masteries, and elite specs.

EOD is introducing for the first time Fishing, and the Skiff. Along with a mount, and more masteries and elite specs.

Now, of those the Introduction of Gliding, Mounts, and a new class are far more game changing than what they have shown for EOD.

Yeah but people forget HoT introduced all the systems that the game would follow with in future content. It may have been feature rich, but its story was lackluster, and aside from map metas, content was not so rich.

For all I know, EoD will be story and content rich, even if perhaps it is not new feature rich. Honestly a new playable race never made sense, nor does a new class. With the introduction of the revenant, we now had 3 classes a piece in each armor class rating. With elite specializations, you have new ways to play different classes. Player housing would have been nice to see though.

Honestly, I'm reserving judgement till we see more. We're 7 months away, too quick to pass judgement on it yet.

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Go watch the PoF reveal then come and tell me this expansion is anywhere near that level.....

That's what I was expecting.....

To be fair PoF revealed 2 months prior to release, which had less of a timeframe to show all features. This event was a first look, so doesn’t include every feature, but I really hope they are saving BIG surprises for later.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Yeah but people forget HoT introduced all the systems that the game would follow with in future content. It may have been feature rich, but its story was lackluster, and aside from map metas, content was not so rich.

For all I know, EoD will be story and content rich, even if perhaps it is not new feature rich.

Honestly, I'm reserving judgement till we see more. We're 7 months away, too quick to pass judgement on it yet.

Yea, im expressing dissapointment in what theyve shown so far.

I already bought the ultimate version and the statue, so its not like im one of the "games dying" folks, cause it isnt.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Go watch the PoF reveal then come and tell me this expansion is anywhere near that level.....

That's what I was expecting.....

I watched the PoF Reveal trailer.

They shoved everything they could in a single video, which didn't represent the full scope of said expansion, so they literally made individual videos to make up for representing the new stuff properly, like individual videos for each E-Spec alone. This gave us more of an idea as to how big the expansion actually was. 

They're doing the same approach here but they aren't revealing everything fully yet, instead they will provide more info in future to provide further scope on the actual scale of the Expansion. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Yea, im expressing dissapointment in what theyve shown so far.

I already bought the ultimate version and the statue, so its not like im one of the "games dying" folks, cause it isnt.

I gotcha. Yeah don't get me wrong, the idea that 3 out of 5 masteries is for fishing, skiff, and turtle is a bit disappointing, but that disappointment doesn't outweigh my general excitement to go back to Cantha and hopefully experience a cool story. The animation look much improved in the trailer and they confirmed HoT style metas, and I still play those to this day. 

Edited by Faridah.8431
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

You don't know that. You have NO idea how 'game changing' EoD features are compared to HoT or PoF ones. If you think you can make that conclusion based a few minutes in an introduction, you aren't being honest with yourself. You're simply believing what you want to believe because you aren't excited about the features you saw. 

That doesn't change the fact that the features and content we were given a sneak peak for is inline with the same from other expansions, whether you convince yourself you don't like them or not. Featuers in an expansion don't need to be 'game changing' or whatever other label you want to apply to them to count towards expansion content. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scolix.4879 said:

HoT is also still quite populated in wow the current expansion every zone feels completely dead while in here people still do activities in areas that are now almost decade old. 

Indeed, and also there must be a reason for the delay. I trust they will make it as good as they possibly can.

Other than that, in general, people really should quit insulting people that criticize this matter as long as they are not flat earth defenders, everyone has all rights to share their frustiation and suspicion, as the harsh complaining goes it's mostly a sign of how much people actually love the game and it's not a bad thing. cancel culture won't change the possiblilty of these "ignorant complainers" could be right.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 1

You do realise that other MMO's which also have mandatory monthly sub fees such as WoW, literally have mounts in their cash shop that are almost as expensive as what Gw2 sells an entire, brand new expansion for 😛

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

You don't know that. You have NO idea how 'game changing' EoD features are compared to HoT or PoF ones. If you think you can make that conclusion based a few minutes in an introduction, you aren't being honest with yourself. You're simply believing what you want to believe because you aren't excited about the features you saw. 

That doesn't change the fact that the features and content we were given a sneak peak for is inline with the same from other expansions, whether you convince yourself you don't like them or not. Featuers in an expansion don't need to be 'game changing' or whatever other label you want to apply to them to count towards expansion content. 

You are right, i dont know. But i KNEW with hot and pof at their reveals that mounts and gliding would change the game, and they did.

I knew masteries and a new class would be a major change to the game.

This is why anet failed with this. "First look but we are gonna sell it already" reveal. Previous reveals showed *everything* and then each video after expanded on something they showed in the reveal. We dont have that here.

Anet has done proper reveals in the past and frankly, if this isnt the reveal, i would much rather have waited for a proper reveal.

I dont like questioning if things are going to be game changing or not, or if the features theyve shown are going to be the major features of the expansion. Thats all they left us with. Questions. No answers, and so i wonder if they truly will be game changing, because they dont look to be so far. This is why my excitement and hype is at negative levels, because they told us nothing.

Why bother doing a first look at all? Wait till the reveal so everything can be known at once. Ecspecially if you start selling the expansion. For some, like me. Cantha warrants the 30$, but the unkowns they left in place very much so dont make me excited for the expansion.

And so, until the details are released i will continue to think their arent many if any major game changing features compared to the two previous expansions that had major game changing features.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

You are right, i dont know. But i KNEW with hot and pof at their reveals that mounts and gliding would change the game, and they did.

I knew masteries and a new class would be a major change to the game.

This is why anet failed with this. "First look but we are gonna sell it already" reveal. Previous reveals showed *everything* and then each video after expanded on something they showed in the reveal. We dont have that here.

Anet has done proper reveals in the past and frankly, if this isnt the reveal, i would much rather have waited for a proper reveal.

I dont like questioning if things are going to be game changing or not, or if the features theyve shown are going to be the major features of the expansion. Thats all they left us with. Questions. No answers, and so i wonder if they truly will be game changing, because they dont look to be so far. This is why my excitement and hype is at negative levels, because they told us nothing.

Why bother doing a first look at all? Wait till the reveal so everything can be known at once. Ecspecially if you start selling the expansion. For some, like me. Cantha warrants the 30$, but the unkowns they left in place very much so dont make me excited for the expansion.

And so, until the details are released i will continue to think their arent many if any major game changing features compared to the two previous expansions that had major game changing features.

there should be an end for dramatic changes once a project reaches to its maximum potential, mounts gliders masteries traits rework they were crazy vertical leaps of gw2's progression. give them some more time, once eod is fully revealed and if the horizontal grow of the game isn't worth people's 30 bucks, then you are right. They must know that they can't underdeliver and overprice like elder scrolls online, because their fanbase don't like it that way so there must be a reason why they delayed it. probably the end game content isn't really ready.

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

there should be an end for dramatic changes once a project reaches to its maximum potential, mounts gliders masteries traits rework they were crazy vertical leaps of gw2's progression. give them some more time, once eod is fully revealed and if the horizontal grow of the game isn't worth people's 30 bucks, then you are right. They must know that they can't underdeliver and overprice like elder scrolls online, because their fanbase don't like it that way so there must be a reason why they delayed it. probably the end game content isn't really ready.

Frankly, This first look was the reveal, due to them selling it as soon as the "First look" was done. IF, they hadnt started selling it id be alot more willing to accept that more features are going to be shown off(Beside the elite specs.) As is, they are selling it based off what they showed in the first look.

Yes every game has a maximum potential reached, i dont think GW2 is there yet, i really dont, and i dont think this expansion, based off what theyve shown, is going to push it higher than it is now, and that sucks.

At the same time, i dont want the expansion to fail, i do want anet to keep making more.

• Like 1

Potential customer is unhappy with cost of product.

As a headline, not much new or unexpected there.  So, what I'm seeing here is an unhappy consumer wanting more for their money.  This is neither new nor unwarranted.  What is unwarranted is "predictions" as to how other consumers will react.  We can't know what a significant portion of potential consumers think.  Sure, there is always going to be some agreement with disgruntlement, and none of us would object to more value for money.

That said, I like to comparison shop, as in look what the competition is charging.  Thing is, there's not a lot of direct comparisons. Straight sub games like WoW and FF are a different business model.  I know I've seen plenty of comments suggesting that those games model is better, though to be frank, mileage varies, and a lot of GW2 players are here because there is no sub fee.

The closest comparison, perhaps, is Elder Scrolls Online.  If you don't sub (which is the more direct comparison), you end up paying for their DLC piecemeal.  Not all DLC are the same in either type of content offered, nor price.  However, their DLC prices vary from $20 up to the price of a full game ($60).  Their latest "chapter" runs for $40US, making it more expensive than GW2 EOD.  It adds a location, ~30 hours of story,  and a new feature.  EOD offers a location, story (unknown length, but if HOT or POF are any indicator, at least comparable in length).  Whether that offers significantly more value than what's been revealed about EOD or not is likely going to be dependent on each individual's desires.  For me, the feature might hold some appeal, but so do new Elite Specs in GW2.

However, one thing to remember is that the GW2 business model includes purchase of the expansion as one of the unlock conditions for subsequent story content along with login during the release period for each DLC.  I've heard nothing to indicate whether that is going to continue post-EOD or not, but neither have I heard they're changing their model.  So, that has to be considered.

Bottom line, producing games is not cheap.  Gaming developers' execs want you to give them as much money as they can get out of you.  This also, is neither new nor unexpected.  Compared to a lot of games, GW2 is nowhere near as predatory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1