When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

17 minutes ago, Chip.9267 said:

Here we go again, the business thing like we are on wallstreet. 

Well, it's not AGAIN ... because it never went away.

No, it's not LIKE we are on wallstreet. We ARE. I know it's convenient to ignore this because it's so foreign to you and you know you can't argue it away in the discussion ... but Anet IS a business and make no mistake GW2 is there to make them money. If you don't think that impacts their decisions to include new races 9 years into the game, it's only because it doesn't support your narrative and hopes to get one. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, it's not AGAIN ... because it never went away.

No, it's not LIKE we are on wallstreet. We ARE. I know it's convenient to ignore this because you have no clue about how business works or how it should be included in discussions about how Anet runs their business ... but Anet IS a business and make no mistake GW2 is there to make them money.

If Anet its here just to make money u will pay a sub. fee, u will have a trinity and only raids, becouse just go and check what the competition offer. I think Anet its different and they put allot of soul on what they are doing with the so many things in the game different from others. And i ask you again what will you say if the Tengu will be playable on Eod release?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Chip.9267 said:

If Anet its here just to make money u will pay a sub. fee, u will have a trinity and only raids, becouse just go and check what the competition offer. I think Anet its different and they put allot of soul on what they are doing with the so many things in the game different from others. And i ask you again what will you say if the Tengu will be playable on Eod release?

I would shake my head at all the wasted resources.

Then make 1 weekly keyrun character to level 30 to see if there are any new story and then not make anymore.

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I would shake my head at all the wasted resources.

Then make 1 weekly keyrun character to level 30 to see if there are any new story and then not make anymore.

Wasted for you, but i will play that char allot.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Chip.9267 said:

If Anet its here just to make money u will pay a sub. fee, u will have ...

You don't know what the game would be like if Anet was here just to make money. Also, you speculating what the game would be like doesn't change what I said. Anet is a business and they run it how they want and I have no doubt it's in their own interest to not forget that when they decide to do things in the game, including new races. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

And you could do that with your old character if anet just put in a Tengu combat tonic aswell

Its not the same thing, that its just a bad joke, no customization, no lore, no gear, not working on mounts, no Dominion of winds, no thank you. But what about, if you dont like Tengu dont play as one?! And if for you and others are wested resourcess for me and others are not.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Chip.9267 said:

But what about, if you dont like Tengu dont play as one?! 

No problem ... considering it's not a playable race. I mean, whether someone likes the idea or not has nothing to do with this conversation here or the game reality. The game doesn't cater to individuals. Decisions like adding a new race isn't a vote that players take or determined by who has better arguments. It's a business decision Anet makes. It's based on time, resources and money.  

Edited by Obtena.7952

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No problem ... considering it's not a playable race. I mean, whether someone likes the idea or not has nothing to do with this conversation here or the game reality. The game doesn't cater to individuals. Decisions like adding a new race isn't a vote that players take or determined by who has better arguments. It's a business decision Anet makes. It's based on time, resources and money.  

And we will see at exp. release. I think a new race its a plus, you think its not. We will see...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Chip.9267 said:

And we will see at exp. release. I think a new race its a plus, you think its not. We will see...

Again, this isn't a contest about who's wrong or right if we get them and it's not personal. It's about understanding this is a business decision Anet makes.

What I don't doubt is that if we don't get Tengu as playable race, you will be right up front complaining about it and wondering why, like no one has ever told you before. Hint, it's the same answer ... business decision.

Edited by Obtena.7952

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Again, this isn't a contest about who's wrong or right if we get them and it's not personal. It's about understanding this is a business decision Anet makes.

What I don't doubt is that if we don't get Tengu as playable race, you will be right up front complaining about it and wondering why ... same answer ... business decision.

First of all i dindnt complained about anything i just said i will like to play more races. Yes it may be a business decizion to add them. Happy?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chip.9267 said:

First of all i dindnt complained about anything i just said i will like to play more races. Yes it may be a business decizion to add them. Happy?

I will be happy when you quit quoting me and arguing with me it's not. I didn't bring you back to this thread ... you did that yourself because you don't like the idea we won't likely get a Tengu playable race because it's a bad business decision. Not sure why you argue with me ... Anet already probably figured that out for themselves. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I will be happy when you quit quoting me and arguing with me it's not. 

Keep dreaming, it sems you like to have the last word. When you post there may be some who disagre...

Its a bad business decizion in your opinion not a fact. FF and others added another races and it seems its profitable becouse otherwise why they do that?

Edited by Chip.9267
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chip.9267 said:

FF and others added another races and it seems its profitable becouse otherwise why they do that?

That doesn't mean anything. What other games do does not make it a good decision for Anet to do. What is profitable for other games does not mean profitable for Anet. Different business models. Different game structures. Different race mechanics. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

That doesn't mean anything. What other games do does not make it a good decision for Anet to do. What is profitable for other games does not mean profitable for Anet. Different business models. Different game structures. Different race mechanics. 

You dont know that its profitable or not either. Its only your opinion not a fact. If a dev come here a say that , i will beleave it and take at it is, until then Tengu may come with Eod release. And if it dont you will not see me complaining about that. I didnt complained about annithing from gw2 release till now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chip.9267 said:

You dont know ...

We've already went through this. I'm not going through it again. This accusation doesn't make sense. The decision is a BUSINESS decision made by Anet, not by players arguing on the forum.  I get you want to make this some David-Goliath issue between people on the forum, but it's not. It's irrelevant. For some reason you think it's outrageous that I suggest this is a business decision ... it's ONLY a business decision. It's not about what I know. It's not about you what you think. 

There is lots of evidence to suggest this is a low-value development for GW2. It's been covered. Believe what you like, but don't come here and mock me because you don't understand some fundamental concepts about how business works. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Obtena.7952 said:

We've already went through this. I'm not going through it again. This accusation doesn't make sense. The decision is a BUSINESS decision made by Anet, not by players arguing on the forum.  I get you want to make this some David-Goliath issue between people on the forum, but it's not. It's irrelevant. For some reason you think it's outrageous that I suggest this is a business decision ... it's ONLY a business decision. It's not about what I know. It's not about you what you think. 

There is lots of evidence to suggest this is a low-value development for GW2. It's been covered. Believe what you like, but don't come here and mock me because you don't understand some fundamental concepts about how business works. 

And if Tengu will come , will result that you have no idea what you are talking about. Btw if you tell me to stop argue with you why do you keep coming here , on this topic , with the same thing again and again? You tell what you have to say and thats it , but no you must have the last word and be on top af all. I dont need you to come and tell me how business work, ok. And like you said its not about players arguing on this topic it depends on what Anet think will be a plus for their game. This is my last reply to you until Eod and after the release i will come to see what you have to say after you play Tengu. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Chip.9267 said:

And if Tengu will come , will result that you have no idea what you are talking about. Btw if you tell me to stop argue with you why do you keep coming here , on this topic , with the same thing again and again? You tell what you have to say and thats it , but no you must have the last word and be on top af all. I dont need you to come and tell me how business work, ok. And like you said its not about players arguing on this topic it depends on what Anet think will be a plus for their game. This is my last reply to you until Eod and after the release i will come to see what you have to say after you play Tengu. 

No, if Tengu come it is because of a business decision that Anet made, not because of a forum request.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

No, if Tengu come it is because of a business decision that Anet made, not because of a forum request.

Who ever said that Anet should do what we tell them? I didnt ask for nothing from Anet, just wrote here that i will like to play another races, its not a demand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This thread in summary…

Player 1: ”I want Tengu as a playable race.”

Player 2: ”That seems like a low-value priority for a team with limited resources.”

Player 1: ”Other games have added new races and it has been profitable.”

Player 2: ”We don’t know if it was profitable for those games, and those developers may have had more resources.”

Player 1: ”You are just guessing, you don’t know!”

Player 2: ”True. Nobody knows but ANet; they haven’t announced Tengu yet and seem unlikely to, due to the reasons listed previously.”

Player 1: ”You are just guessing, you don’t know! I want Tengu, please can I have Tengu?”

Player 2: *sigh* ”Maybe.”

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Chip.9267 said:

And if Tengu will come , will result that you have no idea what you are talking about. 

That makes no sense ... like I said, if the Tengu comes, it's because Anet decided it's good for their business to do so. For some reason you are outraged by the fact that the addition of a new race is a business decision. I think the only problem here is that you are in denial of what people are telling you. 

Again, this isn't personal. I don't get why you are trying so hard to tell me I'm wrong by disputing a fact. I'm not ... Anet deciding this will be good for business is the ONLY way we will get Tengu. Given there is lots of evidence it's not a high value development and Anet has not told us it's coming in EoD ... it's a good bet Tengu will not be a playable race in EoD. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

I don’t think it’s likely there will be a playable Tengu race or that it would offer a good ROI for ANet.

I do, however, think that not everything comes down to a business decision. There are passionate artists at ANet who do things out of that passion. SAB as a prime example.

Companies can also make a more general choice to support quality even without a direct ROI because overall quality eventually leads to ROI because customers are happy and reputation is built.

The Sylvari redesign before launch is a good example of passionate artists at ANet listening to player response, agreeing, and investing time on something that had no immediate promise of ROI but made the game stronger.

• Like 2

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

I don’t think it’s likely there will be a playable Tengu race or that it would offer a good ROI for ANet.

I do, however, think that not everything comes down to a business decision. There are passionate artists at ANet who do things out of that passion. SAB as a prime example.

Companies can also make a more general choice to support quality even without a direct ROI because overall quality eventually leads to ROI because customers are happy and reputation is built.

The Sylvari redesign before launch is a good example of passionate artists at ANet listening to player response, agreeing, and investing time on something that had no immediate promise of ROI but made the game stronger.

These things are called loss leaders; features, content, products made to attract people in, even if they don't make revenues. Even loss leaders are STILL a business decision. They simply have a different purpose. 

Do you think a new race would qualify for that? I am of the opinion that this is highly doubtful, as a new class would be irrelevant to a new player of the game; every class is new to a new player, so the value of adding another, even as a loss leader, is very low. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

I may be new here but I don’t understand why people still talking about playable tengu in EoD.

wasn’t there already a expansion announcement? Wouldn’t they have talked about something as big as a new race, that’s usually a big selling point in mmos.

I mean I would love to play one as I play charr now but wish he was more upright like the tengu plus not a fan of the big heads. But i don’t expect to play one unless they announce it during an expansion announcement.

forgive my ignorance but if gw2 expansion announcements work differently then other mmos let me know. It just seems like all the work/effort involved in making a new race would make it hard to hide/ dumb to not announce right away.

• Like 3