When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

I would really love to play as a Tengu, However i do understand that it might be hard to create that playable race. Mainly for the clothing/voicelines. The animations shouldn't be a big deal i assume. Look at the Kodan tonics. They are smooth and it's only a Tonic..

You also will have problems with people complaining that they'd rather have a Skritt or Choya or Kodan Race for example. Or they'll complain about why they weren't added earlier into the game. which is all fair.

If Tengu isn't an option in Guild wars 2. I really hope they'll atleast add it to Guild Wars 3 ! 

I have been wanting to play as a Tengu ever since i first laid my eyes on them in Guild wars 1. I was fascinated by how cool they looked. I even tried to copy some movements of how they striked enemies with their blades. I was a kid back then! don't judge  me

So please ArenaNet. Please please consider adding Tengu to Guild wars 3 if you guys can't add it to GW2 for alot of reasons i can understand even though i'd love to see them in GW2 End of Dragons or maybe the next Expansion. Theres nothing else we can really do but show Anet how much we love these races and how much we'd like to play them !  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MarkoGold.7126 said:

Sounds like what you really want is a combat tonic.

Tonics last 15 minutes

You cannot use other tonics while under the efect o f a tonic.

Race allows you to customize your toon's appearance. Tonics hide it and all tonic users look exactly the same.

You cannot use wardrobe while under the effect of a tonic

So, answering in  short: NO.

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Why do some people believe that playing as a race is the same as using a tonic?

It's not 🙂

I'm just a bit tired of seeing new threads asking for the same thing over and over again and having to explain various reasons why it can't be done or shouldn't be done or why now isn't the right time etc etc.

Some of us have been having this same discussions for almost a decade now lol
We're just tired of it that's all ^^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Teratus.2859 said:

It's not 🙂

I'm just a bit tired of seeing new threads asking for the same thing over and over again and having to explain various reasons why it can't be done or shouldn't be done or why now isn't the right time etc etc.

Some of us have been having this same discussions for almost a decade now lol
We're just tired of it that's all ^^

Well, I must tell you that yes, it can be done. Ignore the story kitten and the rest will be quite simple, considering that tengu body structure is exactly the same as charr.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Well, I must tell you that yes, it can be done. Ignore the story kitten and the rest will be quite simple, considering that tengu body structure is exactly the same as charr.

It wasn't originally, they had different frames back in the day.

But yeah if your argument is to just say screw the story and the lore then im not going to take you very seriously in all honesty XD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:

But yeah if your argument is to just say screw the story and the lore then im not going to take you very seriously in all honesty XD

You prefer to watch everlasting cinematics while reading 2000 text lines that you know already.

I prefer to play as a new race and ignore all that.

Who looks more serious?

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

You prefer to watch everlasting cinematics while reading 2000 text lines that you know already.

I prefer to play as a new race and ignore all that.

Who looks more serious?

I prefer to play RPG's for the RPG elements 😛 
What I've never understood are people who play RPG's and ignore/skip most of the RPG elements.. that makes no sense to me.

If you really want to play as a bird you could always mod a chicken costume into Bayonetta or something and just play that lol

• Like 2

RPG real life mode

Cantha = East Asian looking

Chinese = East Asians

Chinese Zodiac = has the Tiger and the Rooster

3rd Tiger = Feline = Charr

10th Rooster = Avian = Tengu

3+10=13=1+3=4

the 4, along with Charr and Tengu

1.) Human

2.) Asura

3.) Norn

4.) Sylvari

No conflicts from here guises.. The Jade Emperor calls it..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

RPG real life mode

Cantha = East Asian looking

Chinese = East Asians

Chinese Zodiac = has the Tiger and the Rooster

3rd Tiger = Feline = Charr

10th Rooster = Avian = Tengu

3+10=13=1+3=4

the 4, along with Charr and Tengu

1.) Human

2.) Asura

3.) Norn

4.) Sylvari

No conflicts from here guises.. The Jade Emperor calls it..

Care to translate for us, Doctor Jackson?

• Like 1

Duckduckgo search "Chinese Zodiac"

It says "Chinese Zodiac" but it is described in English..

... And that is if you got the English translation..

Just pick the position of the Tiger and the Rooster. Do some basic addition just like how you combine your money flow and whalla, what you quoted is the answer...

and don't tell me again that i am making shiz up coz i didn't equate the Charr to the Dog or the Tengu to the Rabbit..

BONUS:

Annnddd with the Composites,

Charr = Tiger with Ox

Tengu = Rooster with Snake

Snake = 6th sign

Ox = 2nd sign

6-2=4

4 Races again, along with Charr and Tengu, proven by their composites..

and let's go to real life Scriptures..

Moses put a snake on a cross

Aaron mixed the gold and formed a calf

snake+calf = snake+ox

nice?

nothing gon stop this now, guises...

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Confused 2

On 8/8/2021 at 8:54 PM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

My dude, you are either smoking the really good stuff or the really BAD stuff.  Not sure which yet.

just reservation tobacco cigarettes and new port menthol loosies..

where are the weed smokers? they should be spewing epic things in the forums..

On 8/8/2021 at 2:47 PM, Pirindolo.9427 said:

It's "exactly the same as charr" in about the same way as Sylvari and Norn body structure is exactly the same as Human one.

Actually, even less considering that tengu do not run on all fours and animate differently.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's "exactly the same as charr" in about the same way as Sylvari and Norn body structure is exactly the same as Human one.

Actually, even less considering that tengu do not run on all fours and animate differently.

Thats a good point, I hadn't thought about the charr running animation in this context before.

On 8/8/2021 at 8:51 AM, Teratus.2859 said:

Yes, because A-Net cares for the story. XD Now, excuse me while I make a Revenant and play through the personal story line, and then do HoT to meet the brand new never seen before profession. And then do IBS, I heard the story was really well made and not at all rushed through. Let's just ignore the idea that two creatures as powerful as gods fighting can cause wide spread destruction, but two creatures more powerful than the gods hitting each other AND causing a massive influx of magic from two Elder Dragons into the world at the same time is completely fiiiiiiiine.

Also no, the old models use the same body frame as Charrs, but slightly different animations.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Esorono.1039 said:

Yes, because A-Net cares for the story. XD Now, excuse me while I make a Revenant and play through the personal story line, and then do HoT to meet the brand new never seen before profession. And then do IBS, I heard the story was really well made and not at all rushed through. Let's just ignore the idea that two creatures as powerful as gods fighting can cause wide spread destruction, but two creatures more powerful than the gods hitting each other AND causing a massive influx of magic from two Elder Dragons into the world at the same time is completely fiiiiiiiine.

Also no, the old models use the same body frame as Charrs, but slightly different animations.

To be fair your class is never talked about in the story.

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

To be fair your class is never talked about in the story.

We have at least three, maybe more NPCs going "Oh my god, what was that magic!? We have never seen it before! How did you channel the Mists!?" It may never have been talked about in the personal story, but you've also done missions with these people, and they don't really bat an eye when you do Rev magic, but when Rytlock does, it is suddenly all weird and new.