Guardian Elite Preview

Downstate.4697

5 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

what about thief in heavy armor, didnt anet said they are breaking the mold with this spec variations? A support oriented tankier thief.

People will cry about having 4 full set in their bag (medium condi, medium power, heavy condi, heavy power)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

allowing classes to change armor is a dangerous slippery slope imo

Normally i would not even think something like this, but Anet devs said they are changing the specializations paradigm. I mean necro siluete is clearly a medium armor set, it did not confused us because of the colors and race so clearly necro.

4 minutes ago, Jumpel.3972 said:

Yeah but think of new players

EoD is an 80 level expansion not an starter area. They will be fine. More bag slots to be sold at the gem store. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I am 95% sure it's guardian, not only the heavy armor fits perfectly as they showed in other posts. 

You can see a blue outline all over the silouette, which is surely the left over from the cropping they did to the original image so they could present it like this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Normally i would not even think something like this, but Anet devs said they are changing the specializations paradigm. I mean necro siluete is clearly a medium armor set, it did not confused us because of the colors and race so clearly necro.

EoD is an 80 level expansion not an starter area. They will be fine. More bag slots to be sold at the gem store. 

the necro is not wearing light armor.. its class armor for this spec will be the hat.. its not a theif....omg.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Sure that this is a human? The big amount of muscles always made me think this is a norn.

Humans and norn can be hard to tell apart without references, but if you go to the profession page, the guardian representative is clearly shorter than warrior and mesmer (which ARE norn, although you wouldn't be able to tell from most of the mesmer artworks when it's just the mesmer on her own).

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Ye because dh is a very immobile build thats slow and has no gap closers....

Oh wait no it ports all over the place and has high burst. 

I dunno if its power it will just replace dh and play probably very similar. But i expect a pvp focused boon strip thing and counter attacker like spellbreaker that doesnt really work in pve.

the issue with current guardian mobility, is that aside from two leaps (GS and DH resolve) all other mobility options needs to be "anchored" on something. In case of symbeol of blades, or judgement intervention, it has to have eligible target locked to move you anywhere, and mercifull intervention requires an ally to be within targeted area if it is to move guardian.

So what even dragonhunter lacks is independent mobility, that would allow for ability to properly disengage anyone - sorry, but two relatively short leaps are not exactly something I would call "viable disengage". Ain't even gonna suffice to disengage from melee against any other melee class, as pretty much every melle build has enought gap closers to catch up with those two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

this is thief or guardian. for the colors probably a thief (Anet revealing the light classes first)..... but suspect that guard will receive offhand sword... soulbest and spellbreaker both receive daggers on pof, so there no rule of 1 weapons only per expact.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

this is thief or guardian. for the colors probably a thief (Anet revealing the light classes first)..... but suspect that guard will receive offhand sword... soulbest and spellbreaker both receive daggers on pof, so there no rule of 1 weapons only per expact.

Except thief is medium armor.

This looks more of a guardian to me but we will see come next Friday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Acyk.9671 said:

the opposite actually, weapons are always given to a pair of e-specs. But Sword was already given to weaver and holo as main hand, so i'm having a hard time considering 2 new e-specs will also get off hand sword.

Don't forget thief could also get longbow, GS, axe, torch. Maces and hammer are highly unlikely.

Always is not correct either. There have been elite spec weapons which just got handed to one elite spec so far:

• Longbow (only Dragonhunter)
  • Shortbow (only Renegade)
  • Hammer (only Scrapper)
  • Rifle (only Deadeye)
  • Warhorn (only Tempest)
  • Greatsword (only Reaper)

Doubling of elite spec weapons is really common (we have 9 classes and just 16 different weapons, avoiding to have elite specs using the same weapons is impossible anyway), but there are still quite some which just got handed to one single e-spec.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hugo.4705 said:

Calling thief. Not bothered if it ends being guardian LOL

Theres alot of players confirming that's warlord heavy helmet.. humm this if this is true the guardian Sword sword has been in game since quite some time and we already m8 have fough it.

Im actually repeating the pve mission cause i always felt the guardian charr sword/sword had to much detail on its skills, felt really a stable concept for a elite spec.. way to much.

Atm doing visions of the past steel and fire.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

The helmet is actually the weak point of the analysis, since the visor appears to be missing - what's more significant is that all of the pieces apart from the shoulders appear to match heavy Warlord's. The full graphical comparison can be found here.

maybe visor is a matter of angle?

for sure its based on Almorra, its like playing Tron traping ur target with firy walls then use the round CC thing and burst, INC Firetron!

Edited by Aeolus.3615