When are the anniversary sales?

Yeah, looking back at the last 2 years, the 2020 sale they at least mixed it up between fashion and utility throughout the sale, where 2019 definitely hit the skins first then saved most of the utility stuff for later.  Feels like they are following the 2019 pattern instead of 2020.

Here we go...upcoming utility sales:

Bag slots 20% off (was 40% last year)

Material Storage Expander 20% off (was 30% off 2 years ago)

Bank Tab Expansion 20% off (was 35% off last year)

Gear Template 20% off (first time offered in anniversary sale)

Looks like the best way to maximize this if you don't have gems already is to buy the gems currently at 10% off at Best Buy to get closer to prior years' sale prices.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Here we go...upcoming utility sales:

Bag slots 20% off (was 40% last year)

Material Storage Expander 20% off (was 30% off 2 years ago)

Bank Tab Expansion 20% off (was 35% off last year)

Gear Template 20% off (first time offered in anniversary sale)

Looks like the best way to maximize this if you don't have gems already is to buy the gems currently at 10% off at Best Buy to get closer to prior years' sale prices.

Where did you get this info, can we get some link?

53 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

What is a "Gear Template"? I don't see that in the shop for a regular price? 🤔

I'm assuming they mean Equipment template, but I'm not at home to check in game.  Equipment templates are normally 500 gems each, Build templates for your character traits are normally 300 gems.

Yeah they must need to make money ... cause producing the expansion costs money. (Though there should already be some income from the pre-prders.)

Still nice. And I have bought so much on sale and barely anything without sale ....

So I'm still buying stuff even though it is "only" 20 percent and not 30 or 35 discount. With the 4k gems from the  pre-order ultimate edition of EoD.

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Yeah they must need to make money ... cause producing the expansion costs money. (Though there should already be some income from the pre-prders.)

Maybe it's more like, "we've announced an expansion, so people are going to be more inclined to buy stuff in preparation without such deep sales".

I wonder if one could chart that on past sales. Were off years between expansions more deeply discounted?

13 hours ago, Kyranna.1730 said:

Noticed that the bag slots were advertised on guildwars2.com as being 20% off, but in actuality it's 30% off today in the gemstore (280 gems).  

Hmm. Good to know. Thanks. I hope the announcement on bank tabs wasn't wrong, too.