Kinda afraid to play PvP...

Blacklust.4638

Since i am only missing 3 of the precursors to finish the legendary light armor i was like ok lets finish this season. So all pumped up I loaded my trapper guardian trapper and started playing. 3 games in I am called a bot...

So I think and i am like maybe its cause of the gameplay style i mean i drop traps I pull ppl in with the chain and i finish with greatsword. 

So i decided to change i mean why risk my account right? I change to thief deadeye. 2 games in again another person calls me a bot. I was in Capricorn standing near mid in the bushes kneeled picking them 1 by 1 as they were fighting on point with my team. 

Again scared of being reported for my game style I decided to check the metabattle and loaded up a scourge support. Man this build is super amazing was able to keep my partner up on point the entire match we won by 500 to 30 as my team was free to roam around while we were fighting 3 4 on mid at a time. But guess what again being called a bot.

So no matter what you play be that you are good or bad you are called a bot and I think i am done with this game mode. I am not going to risk my account since the start of the game with over 6000 hours just so I get banned by a guy that can not accept a defeat. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Just turn off chat. 

It helped me go through the insanity that is PvP when I farmed wins for the legendary Amulet. 

And don't worry, you won't get banned. 

I think that might make it worse.

What i mean by it it says in the report info that they analyze the chat. If someone calls you bot and do not respond might be worse.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blacklust.4638 said:

What i mean by it it says in the report info that they analyze the chat. If someone calls you bot and do not respond might be worse.

Many players are idiots who don't understand how the matchmaker works. 

They think they deserve a win rate higher then 50%( they are uber skilled after all 😂) and you are the reason they don't have it. 

Forgetting that the goal of the matchmaker is creating balanced match ups, which translates to a 50/50 win rate if it works correctly.

Regardless of skill level mind you. 

They loose a match because statistically they have to but hey, let's blame someone else. 

You are fine. 

Idiots will stay idiots. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
Fixed some words
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, Blacklust.4638 said:

They analyze the chat for any verbal abuse. They never ban anyone just because the chat says it is so. They always investigate first. These idiots report anyone they lose from as bots. Everyone would be banned if that was the case.

Edited by Turin.6921
  • Like 7

As other people have said the report system is not automated: they will not ban you just because someone has reported you, or even because they called you a bot in chat. They will look at the available evidence first and make up their own minds. Looking to see if the person who reported you also called you a bot in chat would be pointless because that doesn't tell them anything they don't already know (all it says is that person thinks you're a bot).

The only way to make sure you're never reported is to stay offline, people will report other players for all kinds of things. Someone once told me they'd reported me because I was "constantly" standing in the same spot as their character. We were at the bank in LA at the time so lots of players were clustered together. I don't know if they were annoyed with me specifically or everyone there and I genuinely don't know if I'd done it somewhere else as well, it's not something I think about. I do know I didn't get any type of warning or ban for it.

I've also been reported for botting (in PvE) because I have a bad habit of leaving my character standing somewhere I think is safe, forgetting that enemies will respawn, and I often play a ranger so my pet will kill things which attack me. I haven't been warned or banned for that one either, which I assume is because Anet looked at logs of my activity and saw that I was only standing there for a few minutes and had been playing normally before or after. (I still try not to do it, partially to avoid looking like a bot and partially so I don't get killed, but I don't always remember.)

• Like 3

As someone with over 6k hours in sPvP I can say that you won't be banned for botting unless that is what you do. I'm getting called a bot 10-15 times every gaming session I have. That's just people's response to losing. They're raging because they suck and won't accept that fact, so they blame it on "bots" instead. Kind of sad if you think about it.

Honestly, don't be afraid of getting your account locked because some salty teenager decide to "insult" you by calling you a bot.

• Like 4

People cry about bots all the time.

Most of the alleged bots most likely are just average players that play in a somewhat stiff manner.

Other people call anyone a bot, who is below their selfishly set requirements of how a human should play like.

Just ignore them.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1

Banning does not happen automatically. If enough people report you, someone checks you out to see if you are a bot. Unless you always walk on the same exact path, and your skill usage is following the same timing down to the milisecond, there is no chance you are getting banned.

5 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

Basis of PvP :

-> Disable chat

-> Play offline

-> Do not talk

Same rules for everyone, newb, pogchamps, streamers : just dont feed.

There's only one way to get ban : say some bad words you know.. Just dont talk. 

Sad, but true.  People are terrible. =(

• Like 3

Every time someone says that you are a bot just say "Shut up and rotate better, instead of wasting time on the chat" and then jump around their downed body ( bots don't jump on random places), cause I bet they are sucking dirt allot. 

If someone is annoying you double down respectfully enough so the Arenanet Popo doesn't ban you for no no words chat logs, and maybe the other guy will use the gamer words and you can legit report them, since the whole banning process in game revolves only around chat logs. 

As long as you talk back like a human, ya know toxic af lolol nobody will think your a bot. Jk i just tell people why did they go down if their not a bot back at them. Bad ppl die alot and complain. Just enjoy what you play, and you who has not really ever played pvp has relized what the dev have not scourge is a broken overpowered bs.

One big change i would do to scourge thats easy and simple, 1/2 all barrier output, and 1/2 all ressurection healing, make a new animation for signet resurection something bright and shiny. That like a light that decends from above on both the caster and the player. Maybe a ligjt that shoots up from the caster then a light that decends down on the receiver as the animation of the character is played out. Resurection banner signet or otherwise is extremely powerful and should have a more visable animation imo.

Alittle off topic sorry. Most important thing, enjoy what you play.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

Basis of PvP :

-> Disable chat

-> Play offline

-> Do not talk

This is a good way to look like a bot.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, The Fear.3865 said:

Basis of PvP :

-> Disable chat

-> Play offline

-> Do not talk

Well, at least some things never change. I remember it was like that back in 2012, the best way to play pvp, is to turn your chat off. 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, The Fear.3865 said:

Basis of PvP :

-> Disable chat

-> Play offline

-> Do not talk

Anyone turning chat off, going into offline mode and not talking in a team game shouldn’t be playing said team game regardless of how toxic the game mode is. It just makes the person look  very suss doing this as that’s what botters do. If you looks like a bot, you deserve to be reported as a bot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

• 4 weeks later...

Be smart enough to realise when you are outplayed. When your team just gave up. When there is weak players in team. PVP is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you get. Worse of worse, next game is just minutes away to look forward. Don't let the abuse get to you. People always not happy when they lose

7 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

Be smart enough to realise when you are outplayed. When your team just gave up. When there is weak players in team. PVP is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you get. Worse of worse, next game is just minutes away to look forward. Don't let the abuse get to you. People always not happy when they lose

It happens a lot... the sad part they are usually at the same rank, or went full apeshit on a group of opponents and expect back up on far when you barely have mid or close.

Not everyone that plays GW2 has graduated from school - never forget that xD. There are a lot of very veeeeeeery mentally suspicious people around, especially in pvp. Let them bark like dogs and ignore them. Sometimes even mentally weak people are mechanically actually good but their brain is too small to understand matchmaking system as described in those posts above.

Sometimes each individual in a game actually plays really good but unfortunately the team composition does not suit against the enemy team and the map they are playing on. But because their brain is tooooo small to understand this aspect the only conclusion they can come up is calling you or the whole team bots hahah xD. 

Edited by Yakuzai.6593

5 hours ago, Yakuzai.6593 said:

Not everyone that plays GW2 has graduated from school - never forget that xD. There are a lot of very veeeeeeery mentally suspicious people around, especially in pvp. Let them bark like dogs and ignore them. Sometimes even mentally weak people are mechanically actually good but their brain is too small to understand matchmaking system as described in those posts above.

Sometimes each individual in a game actually plays really good but unfortunately the team composition does not suit against the enemy team and the map they are playing on. But because their brain is tooooo small to understand this aspect the only conclusion they can come up is calling you or the whole team bots hahah xD. 

It happened, but i started typing and the guy went silent after that. xD 
I even had a teammate who told us that he was gonna report us all! For what? Playing the game?
Sure we lost, but it doesn't qualify to report us just for being mad.