Willbender is OP

Paradoxoglanis.1904

38 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

The difference is thief is all about reset with mobility and stealth. Willbender abilities are mostly about engaging.

Everyone saying the spec is OP  because it moves a lot before even testing it, is just a dumb statement.

It has numerous visible trade offs and lacks a lot of mechanics to survive in combat which may or may not impact the spec negatively. We really need to test it before making final educated statement about the spec.

Eh.. Did you actually watch the video? There's at least 3+ long range mobility skill that doesn't require an enemy target, and even more if you set up with that ability that teleports you back to your original spot. Also, resolve and courage you can reset with RF. so even if you didn't equip any other skill you have 4 on demand escape options. It's more than enough to get away unless you're against a bunker thief that also spec'ed fully into mobility, that will also need to spend most of their initiatives just to keep up. That really is more than enough.

Edited by Heinel.6548

On 8/13/2021 at 10:27 PM, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Cooldown resetting chain teleporting perma resistance immortal dps is op pls nerf

But seriously there better be some big splits for pvp and wvw.

The Beta is not accessible yet and there is already a long flow of tears as a river? 

Let me grab me pop corn basket, I got to enjoy this thread 😁

This just proves there is a small minority of players who just hate Guardians 

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

Virtues need 5 attacks to trigger. 

Don't make an opinion from dev hacks, read the abilities.

I'm not saying it's a bad spec, i'm making a list of all the downsides and once tested we can see if core can compensate for it. We don't know the synergy between passives and the related traits for example.

That's what beta are for. People shouldn't say the spec is OP before testing it.

The mobility part of the virtue is on button press, it does not need hits to trigger.

• Like 2

I'm just wondering how well these specs are going to synergize with core trait lines when they're intentionally doing as much to change the core mechanics of them as they can to make them feel more enticing.

Like virtue passives, I guess they'll only be enhanced when they're attacking?

It would be nice if they had saved some time to talk about how some of these core mechanic changes interact with other trait lines and I'm wondering if these beta events will lead to a lot of realizations and reworks that wind up messing up other specs in the process because they rework core traits because it's too late to redesign the whole spec. I'm assuming there was some thought put into this beforehand and it won't be a significant impact, but I'm definitely expecting some extreme cases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

The mobility is overkill. I have no idea what they were thinking.

This spec can troll even thieves with hit and run.

Just half of the mobility would have been more than enough.

The "overkill mobility" is still slower than power herald, and infinitely slower than thief. Thief will have no problem running rings around willbender as it does with every other spec in the game. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

The "overkill mobility" is still slower than power herald, and infinitely slower than thief. Thief will have no problem running rings around willbender as it does with every other spec in the game. 

No, willbener will be the hardcounter (catch and burst) and replacement (decap and +1) for any current thief build.

Speaking about current thief builds:

We will see what kind of elite spec thief will get. Thieves have a good chance that it will be even more broken than willbender as adding broken elite specs is ANets usual expac philosophy to get players to buy the expac.

Edited by KrHome.1920

2 hours ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

This will be the most broken spec of the expac, it'll take them a year of balancing to bring it in line with just the things they've shown us so far

Yeah, who cares about the remaining 66% of the xpac professions we have not  seen yet. I NEED TO VENT!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

No, willbener will be the hardcounter (catch and burst) and replacement (decap and +1) for any current thief build.

We will see what kind of elite spec thief will get. Thieves have a good chance that it will be even more broken than willbender as adding broken elite specs is ANets usual expac philosophy to get players to buy the expac.

Thiwf will still be faster tbh, shortbows cooldown less teleport will still be faster the actual skills with cooldowns like the WB. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

If a spec doesn't have reveal, it does not hard counter thief period. Even specs that do have reveal may be farmed by thief if the reveal is clunky/easy to avoid. 

Sicem soulbeast is and will remain the only true hard counter to thief. This is because of the instant, non-evadable, non-LOS reliant 2000 range reveal along with excellent chase potential (far more than willbender has) and spike dmg. 

Willbender will not replace thief either, as it rotates way slower and does not have boonrips nor unblockable CC to punch through a sidenoder's sustain. 

Edited by Hogwarts Zebra.8597
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

If a spec doesn't have reveal, it does not hard counter thief period. Even specs that do have reveal may be farmed by thief if the reveal is clunky/easy to avoid. 

Sicem soulbeast is and will remain the only true hard counter to thief. This is because of the instant, non-evadable, non-LOS reliant 2000 range reveal along with excellent chase potential (far more than willbender has) and spike dmg. 

from what ive seen willbender with berserker armor and 11k hp doesent do much dmg from that video xD this spec will be tickle and run for your life...too bad they changing retreat into advance, retreat will be first pick for willbender xD

• Confused 1

I saw a video about the reveal (I couldn't watch the trailer, the presentation was making me cringe on every sentence). Seems like vomit design, but so is firebrand; nothing new there. I'm sure if its OP (at least compared to whatever else is available in pvp) it wont be long lived.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Zoser.7245 said:

Oh yes, it can be improved.  Maybe they should add an "extra" effect at the end of two of its mobility utilities that doesn't require a target or one virtue and utility or two virtues. So where he lands, end its dash or teleport with those skills also place a  trap that is instantly activated revealing up to 5 - 10 enemies in a 900 radius for 6 seconds.  Those two skills should also trigger future or existent runes and sigils that interact with traps if you want take some profit of them too.  😉 Thinking about it, also add to is elite place an extra auto-triggered frost trap that chills enemies for 1.5s each second for 4 seconds duration and a 420 radius. 😏  That should add Willbender a bit more utility  and also help its allies against stealth enemies and be a less selfish. 🧐

👽

Lol Zoser hahahaha  Did you lose yourself and have you landed in the Guadian forum?   🤣🤣🤣

Well, I agree, if they add those suggestions you made to the Willbender, even I'll play the blue side. Maybe they should set the color's team that has more guardians to the blue one by default. Feel the blue!!! 

• Haha 1

Just to clarify a little for those in here who may consider wb to be too strong in terms of mobility, you have to remember that the range on most of the skills are 450-600. These are not terribly long-ranged, mobile abilities. 

Thief and Rev will still easily outmaneuver this spec. 

• Haha 1

@Heika.5403

It is that the Virtuoso is very boring, and the Harbinger leaves me more doubts than omens... I see it more for in certain game mode than useful in general. The new guardian does have potential, and as we have seen in updates ahead of a launch with great final balance ... The Willbender does have all the basics to become a beast even if he is balanced theorically...

So with nothing else to contribute to our forum and waiting for the beta test, I have decided to research  about other specializations I find interesting for now lol.

But.................................    Nor do I ask so much, in any case the invisibility would be indirect with the runes and the reveal is an added bonus or extra function. It is somewhat moderate/balanced. Add invisibility directly  would have been maybe too much. 😁😇

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Haha 1

Do you know what makes me mad about WB? That Guardians are going to get mechanism they don’t deserve in this state of the game. How is that guardian, heavy class that focus on defences, is getting access to such a mobility making them one of the most mobile class. No wonder warriors, thieves and eles are mad. You have to understand it.

Thieves actually should not be mad that someone is getting their role but they should be mad that they are being good at one role only.

Warriors are all about dashes and getting to enemy as fast as possible in every other mmo games. They should be the fastest heavy armor class in GW2 and since they don’t have access to any magic they are limited with possibilities to expend on. Speed should be there thing.

Ele has least amount of health and armor which also doesn’t have any defence mechanism (not stealth, not shroud, no clones, no access to aeigis and weak access to stability – nothing) making them most squishy class there is in gw2, isn’t fitting glass cannon, mobile, cc roles in pvp and wvw mode. Isn't it what squishy mage class suposed to be good at?

You are guys spoiled by devs.

Edited by Zauber.4069
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Zauber.4069 said:

Do you know what makes me mad about WB? That Guardians are going to get mechanism they don’t deserve in this state of the game. How is that guardian, heavy class that focus on defences, is getting access to such a mobility making them one of the most mobile class. No wonder warriors, thieves and eles are mad. You have to understand it.

Thieves actually should not be mad that someone is getting their role but they should be mad that they are being good at one role only.

Warriors are all about dashes and getting to enemy as fast as possible in every other mmo games. They should be the fastest heavy armor class in GW2 and since they don’t have access to any magic they are limited with possibilities to expend on. Speed should be there thing.

Ele has least amount of health and armor which also doesn’t have any defence mechanism (not stealth, not shroud, no clones, no access to aeigis and weak access to stability – nothing) making them most squishy class there is in gw2, isn’t fitting glass cannon, mobile, cc roles in pvp and wvw mode. Isn't it what squishy mage class suposed to be good at?

You are guys spoiled by devs.

Honest question. Do you know Guardians have the same amount of health as ele?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6