Don't get me wrong, the new map is awesome and I love that one meta leads to the next. But this takes way too much time. it's actually insane. It took us around 2h 30min to clear, and in the end we get 10 minutes to desperately gather tiny chests with tiny loot around the entire second part.
there are easy ways to solve this though:
- make troop evaluations take less time
- make troop morale checks take less time (kind of goes hand in hand with troop evaluations)
- in canopy crag we have to fight portals and then cannons, these are 3 separate events, why not make them 1 event with a bit of a timer until the next portals/cannon wave spawns
- instead of having us fight the tribunes in sentinel bay, archstone coast & frostvein watch one by one, why not just let us do all 3 at a time and make players split push? the first meta has us split push to the left or right anyway, so why can't that be applied here? (this is appareantly already the case, ppl either don't know or are doing all 3 for the loot/ap)
- what i think is the biggest offender, why have the dominion chest far between the 2 metas, it's 15 whole minutes of waiting time. why not have this happen at the end of both metas instead so we can get to the next meta event faster?
- can we also just get a very big chest at the end instead of 20 chests scattered around the map, it's less frustrating, and would also tie in well with the previous point.
overal, once you get to the ice part, the meta events get beyond amazing. but it just takes so much time, and it's so much effort. a lot of people i've talked to have said they're not doing it again, as the rewards aren't worth it for them. It's a shame IMHO, this map is really up there with its content, and it could be top tier, if not almost on par with HoT metas, if it didn't drag on for so long
dunno, just my 2 cents. What do you guys think?