Drizzlewood meta takes waayyyy too long now (meta event spoilers)

DCUO has just released a new meta map. of course it is much easier to understand, and do. and it gives loot , that i can actually USE on my characterit scales the player for the content too, even lvl 15 F2P players can do it.still not my favorite content, but it is pretty fun, and the map looks great.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonstand is quite bad and long, but this is ONE meta event, where you can do many things at the same time (the three lanes). That feels ok there (even I won't go there anymore). But this drizzle-map... when I have my achievements I won't go there anymore.

@Galmac.4680 said:Dragonstand is quite bad and long, but this is ONE meta event, where you can do many things at the same time (the three lanes). That feels ok there (even I won't go there anymore). But this drizzle-map... when I have my achievements I won't go there anymore.

Actually it isn't that long any more usually it takes under an hour. What also is different it is part of an add-on not of the LS.From a event/ meta standpoint there is also something different. The 3 lanes need to be done at the same time and then the thing where you run in cycles around is the one thing on which everything can fail when people don't work together + you have a time limit. Those 3 reasons are why dragonstand is organised through LFG

Reason on the new map is that people need to do events on one side but don't really want to do the south part.

If I remember correctly the limit for dragonstand is 2 hours while even the fasted clears are a bit over 2 hours the usually more like around 3 hours . because of this I will not play it and if Arena.NET wont change it well we will see what I can play instead.

I do think the events should be linked. Otherwise we have the Borja Marshes problem of no one doing the first event anymore, making those who just got to these kind of zones never able to complete them.

However I agree that the overall event takes too long, and a way to shorten it should be looked into.

They need to consider that once they release the new stuff beyond this zone, that for these events to still be done there has to be enough players willing and able to do it.

That chest looting after killing Jormag is the worst idea ever. You have just a few minutes to travel around the complete northern map, struggling with not coming into combat by snipers or npc groups everywhere (and then you can't get out of combat for a very long time), for tiny little chests here and there, plus unmarked shards of Jormags whatever. No, get your old developers back and do it right next time.

Well technically it's 2 meta events, with one that is unfortunately tied to the first. I personally find the boss farm after South meta to be kinda out of place now and kinda wish that it was moved to the end...but then it sorta makes it a long meta event with no chest farm payoff until the end, unlike now where you can at least get that for doing south if you can't stick around for the second meta so I'm not really sure how to shorten it.

Edit: would be kinda nice though if they did move aaaalll the chest farming to the end but give a much longer timer to get them all.

Not only is the meta to long your chances on getting in on a map that is not "Fresh" is slim to none. I've already noticed people afking until near the final fight. Can't wait until we have half a map afking waiting on others to do the work.

The northern meta needs to start on a regular timer like the other metas. You can have the map auto change back to red why not just change them all to blue? You could have some massive airstrike rain down on all the camps similar to SMC in WvW. I also suggest that all the map keys that drop from events only drop from the south meta. You may have to increase the drop rate so there would be enough keys in the long run. So then the only way to open the chests in the North Meta is to participate in the south meta at some point to open all the chests.

This would allow people to only spend 1 hour of their day doing half the event and then they can choose to do the other half when it is convenient to them.You could keep everything how it is now with map progression but now people could plan their play time around a timer and not have to dedicate 2+ hours each run.

QoL: move all the chests to the final platform. This would give people time to go find their shards around the map after they have looted before the instance closes.

@"Excursion.9752" said:Not only is the meta to long your chances on getting in on a map that is not "Fresh" is slim to none. I've already noticed people afking until near the final fight. Can't wait until we have half a map afking waiting on others to do the work.

The northern meta needs to start on a regular timer like the other metas. You can have the map auto change back to red why not just change them all to blue? You could have some massive airstrike rain down on all the camps similar to SMC in WvW. I also suggest that all the map keys that drop from events only drop from the south meta. You may have to increase the drop rate so there would be enough keys in the long run. So then the only way to open the chests in the North Meta is to participate in the south meta at some point to open all the chests.

This would allow people to only spend 1 hour of their day doing half the event and then they can choose to do the other half when it is convenient to them.You could keep everything how it is now with map progression but now people could plan their play time around a timer and not have to dedicate 2+ hours each run.

QoL: move all the chests to the final platform. This would give people time to go find their shards around the map after they have looted before the instance closes.

I would rather have less chests faster events and less events (like no cc phases or bounty boss effects just plain champions like in thr good old days) and seperated meta

@"Excursion.9752" said:Not only is the meta to long your chances on getting in on a map that is not "Fresh" is slim to none. I've already noticed people afking until near the final fight. Can't wait until we have half a map afking waiting on others to do the work.

Ahh, The joys of MMO "team work".

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:I really don't see a problem. Drizzlewood is really two meta events in one, the southern portion and then the northern portion above the bridge. If you try to do both, of
course
it's going to take a while!

The problem, as stated before by many, is that you
have
to do the southern meta if you
want
to do the northern one. They are not separated, the latter only starts if the former was done successfully.

Unless you want to be antisocial and AFK the first half, there is no way around playing it. And if you suggest to find a LFG entry that has just started the northern half: good luck on trying to get onto a full map.

When nobody wants to start or complete the South meta, then this issue will just get larger and lager as everyone will just wait for a spot in LFG to join in North meta or leave an ongoing South meta to cut down time to go for North through LFG when they get a spot.

@neighto.7386 said:Some people have lives outside of the game... 2+ hours for this meta? The only thing this episode has done is make me play this game less... just cant be bothered with the stupid amounts of grind, its not fun and the rewards are just lacking at best. So why waste my time when there are other games out there?

Agreed, however it doesn't make me play the game any less. It just keeps me playing in other areas and avoiding this map.

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:Honestly, I love it, it feels the right length to me. It's been quite a while since we had a continuous push Dragon Stand style map. Most maps don't need much time commitment, so it's fine if a handful of them do.

It's important for Anet to have variety in the maps. The super long push feels pretty epic and I'll crave it every once in awhile. I think people are just getting burnt out quick now because they feel sort of obligated to farm the new release, and it's not really a "farm over and over again" map.

And just like any map meta, there's no particular reason you can't join in partway through, or drop out after getting the rewards for the first half.

Maps soft cap because of population. Right now is it pretty much impossible to join a map mid meta because they fill up and stay full. So it is either start a brand new maps and embrace the difficulties already mentioned and the 3 hour commitment or just don’t play this content.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Perihen the Thawk.9527 said:And just like any map meta, there's no particular reason you can't join in partway through, or drop out after getting the rewards for the first half.

except for the fact that this map also locks out any new players after a certain point just like DS so there is a reason you can't join party way throughThis too

The question is whether when things slow down we will end up with map metas that can be joined and left As TIME permits, or whether there will simply be fewer coordinated, population capped maps.

This really needs to be shorter. There have been optimization suggestions here and I am sure there are plenty of others not yet considered. But I just can’t keep playing the new meta. I simply don’t have the time to commit. This is frustrating because so much AP is locked behind finishing the SECOND meta, but it takes forever to get there. Then as so many have mentioned there is that disaster of a post meta loot phase with boxes scattered everywhere, and way too little time to hit even a solid fraction, meaning that as fun as it is, the second meta ends up being lots of time for a pittance of reward, apart from AP.

Please fix this. I actually love the second meta but the overall situation is agony. Literally. Sitting this long continuously physically hurts.

@kharmin.7683 said:

Agreed, however it doesn't make me play the game any less. It just keeps me playing in other areas and avoiding this map.

I have most of the other areas/collections done (well the ones I am willing to suffer through lol) So all these new episodes etc are a welcome relief to the dullness that a long term player has. It's just frustrating when things are purposely designed to be a huge time sink. I'm lucky if I can get a solid hour and a half to play without distractions. I'd be less annoyed if the two halves were run like Bjora and you didn't need to spend hours to actually start working on the new achievs. None of the first half of the map counts towards the new achievs.. so in essence its a huge waste of time being forced to work on it. I should also state I am also jaded to the new map due to being d/c'd more times than not, near the end of the map... once that happens, you lose all progress/rewards as you cannot return to the map you d/c'd from....Huge slap in the face

I get the quarantine n all, but I still have a lofe. Where 2.5 hrs exceeds my play time for a night. So yup, can't even do a meta. Thanks anet for your illogical bs yet again. Do you guys even think it through? Yes you get it a bit since you lower some of the times BUUUUUUT, you still need +1hrish for the new content + the old .. AND a 15 min window for champ train, to me shape up your time management. I know its harsh but you can't make a good game without seeing you big faults

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Ahh, The joys of MMO "team work".

It;s really the only MMO where I've ever seen this much leaching and it almost entirely has to do with the game leaning heavily on overworld content where it's much less impactful to the actual completion of the content

Games that revolve around party content can just rely on teams kicking leachers or people pulling their weight because slacking off means no one succeeds

Compare that to GW2 where people either afk out of harm's way (floating on skyscales during Drakar before patch) or just laying dead expecting everyone to res them so they don't have to run back because the other 50 people will carry you to your loot regardless of whether they want to