Male norns Updates?

@Apokriphos.7042 said:Norn are not human and should look otherworldly. Similarly, Charr are not human. If anything, Anets only mistake was making norn females look like overscaled humans.

Well, that and designing every armorset to human and then scaling up.

The norn largely resemble humans. However, they are noticeably taller (around nine feet or 2,75 meters), and they are able to shape-shift into animal forms, were-creatures that resemble the animals the Spirits of the Wild represent. In their humanoid forms, their proportions are much broader and more heavily muscled than a typical human. Thrulnn the Lost describes the norn as being giants, along with the Jotun. Norn can also have long lives, living up to 120 and maintaining their good health and vitality for a long time, though very few die of old age[1].

• taken from the wiki. So no, they should not look other worldly. Just broader and more muscled. I would like them to fix the proportions to not look awkward. (Arms wider than legs look silly, especially for a race that hunts) Its enough that 90% of the bdo community is human females. The only reason why is because they have the best natural model and animations.

Model updates and less skimped animations for races other than humans should be looked into in order to breath life into other races. The statistics as they are, are a perfect reason as to why they need to do this.

QfHCQhU.jpg

So you want a change in artistic style, not an update in graphics, etc.? Honestly I think proportions are fine. Maybe a few more physique and face options, and an updated run animation would be nice. I actually like the burly beast of a man my character is. Would be nice to fix some of the crazy over sized shoulder armor on some armors and clipping issues (which most non-human characters suffer from the most).

guys are reallt fast to say "Norn are not human, and they should look different" while absolutely ignoring that female Norns are just a taller human without any weird proportions, because you know, females HAVE to be sexy. meanwhile those of us who want a viking with correct body proportions have to suck it off.

@"coso.9173" said:guys are reallt fast to say "Norn are not human, and they should look different" while absolutely ignoring that female Norns are just a taller human without any weird proportions, because you know, females HAVE to be sexy. meanwhile those of us who want a viking with correct body proportions have to suck it off.

If it isn't pretty, no one would play it, so no possibility for profit from sales. ( i know someone would play it, but it wouldn't be popular, which means less sales.)

@Apokriphos.7042 said:Well, that and designing every armorset to human and then scaling up.

Or designing for humans and then scaling down. Anet should consider designing armors for something other than human and then scaling it for other.

we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad ass wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

@coso.9173 said:meanwhile those of us who want a viking with correct body proportions have to suck it off.

@coso.9173 said:we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad kitten wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

To my understanding vikings portrayed in the TV show Vikings or the new Assassins Creed game were humans...so I don't know if this helps your argument. Wouldn't it be better to just play a viking cosplay human? Also, yeah, the norn females look like big female humans. I think that was a bit lazy, but I don't think that should mean males should look like big male humans.

Anyway, I am not for a redesign, because I imagine some people actually like the aesthetic of the male norn (I know may be hard to imagine), and suddenly changing the fundamental look of peoples' characters after 8 years would seem a bit cold-hearted. On the other hand, some people simply want to play larger humans with norse ascetics, I get it. So, a good win-win is just to make a more "human" proportioned male physique or two for norn males for those who want to be big vikings, and make a more beastly female norns for those who want to be...well... more norn.

I mean over time, weaker and weaker norns will start emerging and look more human and less and less like their Kodan ancestors. So makes sense to me. ;)

I would love a new voice for my female norn ranger (main character), when she falls she has the most annoying moan in the world, I have to turn down the volume option for character voices just to play the character lol.But yeah, not going to happen.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:Norn are not human and should look otherworldly.

Norn are literally an interpretation of what the Romans saw, when they encountered Germanic tribes while expanding their empire northwards.And guess what they saw?Right, big, mostly muscular humans.Therefore Norn should have human proportions.But then again, there also shouldn't be any males, as the mythological Norns were just three females.

@"coso.9173" said:we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad kitten wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

But it does sell, so nothing will ever change.

@Apokriphos.7042 said:Norn are not human and should look otherworldly. Similarly, Charr are not human.

Yes. This so much heckabunch. If people don't like the weird proportions of Norn, they don't like what Norn are.

If anything, Anets only mistake was making norn females look like overscaled humans.Also yes; there's no good reason why the females also shouldn't have that bestial framework. If there's a change to be made, it should be to make them less Human than they are right now. Wouldn't hold my breath 8 years into the game though.

@Yggranya.5201 said:But it does sell, so nothing will ever change.As lame as this is, it's absolutely correct. I have hope that this kind of thing will one day stop in gaming, but it's here to stay until consumers force the hand of publishers. So far, no movement on that.

@"firedragon.8953" said:QfHCQhU.jpg

So you want a change in artistic style, not an update in graphics, etc.? Honestly I think proportions are fine. Maybe a few more physique and face options, and an updated run animation would be nice. I actually like the burly beast of a man my character is. Would be nice to fix some of the crazy over sized shoulder armor on some armors and clipping issues (which most non-human characters suffer from the most).

Let me say I don't have a problem with anyone's Norn or fashion these aren't my main concern, however I'm stuck here as male norn model itself from creation is so wrong on many aspects. In that pic it's one big skirt that's hiding everything I typed underneath. Most of leggings do look distorted, shrunk and/or pressed just to be able to fit on (rig) Male Norn very much same as the boots story. Anyone wondering can go to Bank npc and preview all leggings and boots on male norn. In this pic it's still obvious to me something feels off in his way of standing like that. But all in all you got a nice norn fashion wise with some boots whose creator prolly took extra time to make it fit better.

Low chance they will fix any of these bcs it's a lot of work involving complete overhaul of model. People in the branch will understand. Female norn has much better craftmanship and care btw.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"coso.9173" said:we also want pretty male norns. you can be both pretty (meaning correct body proportions) and be a bad kitten wild viking have you not see the vikings series? or the new assassin's creed? no need to distort body proportions to cartoony levels for only males whileleaving females as big humans because "sexy sells"

But it does sell, so nothing will ever change.

Lol, what? Are you saying that because we have sexy females, we somehow can't have sexy males? I'm confused.