Why SnowCrows is destroying Raiding - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Why SnowCrows is destroying Raiding

1234568>

Comments

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Senfdieb.3985 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

    I have several times and sometimes even for Strike Missions now.

    Can you send me the link were SC shows their strike squad setups?

    From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...
    I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

    Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.
    Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

    Please define what you’re referring to as a “SC squad comp” in the LFG.

    If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

    I suggest taking a look on the SC site and see what comps they use. Having classes which provide all of the boons isn't unique to SC either. I won't even get started on using a handful of looks at the LFG as a basis of how things are or are not run in strikes nor the confirmation bias some seem to have regarding it.

    You proved my point with the circular argument, thank you.

    So any post that disagrees with your position is a circular argument?

    Sadly, I dont think they understand what they read that well.
    Or they mix up what they read from different people and mash it together in their mind.

  • reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Senfdieb.3985 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

    I have several times and sometimes even for Strike Missions now.

    Can you send me the link were SC shows their strike squad setups?

    From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...
    I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

    Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.
    Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

    Please define what you’re referring to as a “SC squad comp” in the LFG.

    If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

    I suggest taking a look on the SC site and see what comps they use. Having classes which provide all of the boons isn't unique to SC either. I won't even get started on using a handful of looks at the LFG as a basis of how things are or are not run in strikes nor the confirmation bias some seem to have regarding it.

    You proved my point with the circular argument, thank you.

    So any post that disagrees with your position is a circular argument?

    That doesn't make any sense.

  • reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Senfdieb.3985 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

    I have several times and sometimes even for Strike Missions now.

    Can you send me the link were SC shows their strike squad setups?

    From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...
    I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

    Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.
    Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

    Please define what you’re referring to as a “SC squad comp” in the LFG.

    If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

    I suggest taking a look on the SC site and see what comps they use. Having classes which provide all of the boons isn't unique to SC either. I won't even get started on using a handful of looks at the LFG as a basis of how things are or are not run in strikes nor the confirmation bias some seem to have regarding it.

    You proved my point with the circular argument, thank you.

    So any post that disagrees with your position is a circular argument?

    Sadly, I dont think they understand what they read that well.
    Or they mix up what they read from different people and mash it together in their mind.

    I think they did too.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Senfdieb.3985 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

    I have several times and sometimes even for Strike Missions now.

    Can you send me the link were SC shows their strike squad setups?

    From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...
    I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

    Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.
    Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

    Please define what you’re referring to as a “SC squad comp” in the LFG.

    If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

    LFG groups in general run no "SC comps", what ever that might be. If SC comps are what the website lists as meta compositions for bosses. Those are high end speedrun, static, practice a LOT comps.

    Most groups, even very experienced groups, and absolutely pretty much ALL LFG groups, do NOT run SC meta compositions. Most definitely not for clearing bosses. That has been mentioned in this thread. In fact if you ever do read a thread about a record run, which these composition are often based around, you'd also often read how many tries it took for the run to actually succeed. That's great fun for people who love raiding and killing a boss hundreds of times per week while trying things. It's a disaster for getting the weekly kills done, which LFG groups are all about.

    You'd do well to clarify what you actually mean with SC comps because that term or composition as such does not exist. You might be referring to often run meta compositions consisting of multiple meta support builds filled up with damage dealers. Those are not SC comps and the website nor the guild has ANYTHING to do with meta compositions being run. Back during vanilla the meta dungeon group was 4 warriors and 1 mesmer. Then later elementalists with ice bows. Etc. Meta compositions have been a part of this game far before the SC website ever existed.

    What players look for is often specific roles for providing of boons, healing and dps (most certainly for strikes). Suffice to say, those are NOT "SC comps". In fact most of those builds can be found on many other website too and do not necessarily originate on SC first. That said, I find it strange one would consider that players asking for specific roles to be covered and specific boons to be present to be somehow bad. We know how big the benefit of a full boon setup is and that it is beneficial to have this for each fight. Some groups want those benefits, others do not.

    Sure, it's fine you believe that.

    True, we all get to believe what we want.

    The only question then becomes:"how credible do others perceive our statements to be."

  • reapex.8546reapex.8546 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @Senfdieb.3985 said:

    @reapex.8546 said:

    @sokeenoppa.5384 said:
    Never have I seen ppl in lfg asking SC squad compositions. Just basic comps like 2 chronos, druid, bs, off heal and 5 dps.

    I have several times and sometimes even for Strike Missions now.

    Can you send me the link were SC shows their strike squad setups?

    From Raids my personal favorite is mathias with it's six subgroups btw...
    I can't imagine you'll find something like that in the lfg.

    Think my message was misinterpreted. I was replying to the previous person about SC squad comps in Strike Missions.
    Its rare to find lowman LFG groups for raids or Strike Missions.

    Please define what you’re referring to as a “SC squad comp” in the LFG.

    If you haven't seen them in LFG, no amount definition would satisfy your curiosity. You'll debunk it and believe it's not true. Which would lead to a circular argument. If you go back through the previous pages, there was many explanations about what a SC squad comp is. There are pages of numerous circular arguments, so if your curious read the previous pages of this forum post.

    LFG groups in general run no "SC comps", what ever that might be. If SC comps are what the website lists as meta compositions for bosses. Those are high end speedrun, static, practice a LOT comps.

    Most groups, even very experienced groups, and absolutely pretty much ALL LFG groups, do NOT run SC meta compositions. Most definitely not for clearing bosses. That has been mentioned in this thread. In fact if you ever do read a thread about a record run, which these composition are often based around, you'd also often read how many tries it took for the run to actually succeed. That's great fun for people who love raiding and killing a boss hundreds of times per week while trying things. It's a disaster for getting the weekly kills done, which LFG groups are all about.

    You'd do well to clarify what you actually mean with SC comps because that term or composition as such does not exist. You might be referring to often run meta compositions consisting of multiple meta support builds filled up with damage dealers. Those are not SC comps and the website nor the guild has ANYTHING to do with meta compositions being run. Back during vanilla the meta dungeon group was 4 warriors and 1 mesmer. Then later elementalists with ice bows. Etc. Meta compositions have been a part of this game far before the SC website ever existed.

    What players look for is often specific roles for providing of boons, healing and dps (most certainly for strikes). Suffice to say, those are NOT "SC comps". In fact most of those builds can be found on many other website too and do not necessarily originate on SC first. That said, I find it strange one would consider that players asking for specific roles to be covered and specific boons to be present to be somehow bad. We know how big the benefit of a full boon setup is and that it is beneficial to have this for each fight. Some groups want those benefits, others do not.

    Sure, it's fine you believe that.

    True, we all get to believe what we want.

    The only question then becomes:"how credible do others perceive our statements to be."

    Interesting.

  • Biermeister.4678Biermeister.4678 Member ✭✭✭

    The builds are not the problem sites that post their meta builds are a good reference for making a build that works for an individual a lot of the content in the game has to do with position if you stand in the wrong spot you die raids strikes and fractals have a set program and can be predicted

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    because we still not have max imcoming damage modification for boss.
    No matter how you dps - in boss prom one person income damage is for example 10k
    If that machanic will come to new wing - "dps skip" mechanic will be nerfed.

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Shadowmoon.7986Shadowmoon.7986 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Klypto.1703 said:
    The website mentioned isn't the problem its the players and their behavior that play raids and the efficiency site you can see how majority of players just avoid raids and strike missions for that very purpose. So its not the fault of the developer or a website that houses a database of builds to use. Before raids these same kind of players were the dungeon players people hated playing with so basically whatever is viewed as the best endgame pve content is where you will find these people and that content will always be avoided unless people organize methods to put those kinds of players in their own lane while people who don't want to play with them can play without the hassle of dealing with them.

    Ironically the exact problem I have with the living world, the 90% of players there just spam 1 in random gear with mismatching rare runes. They are the reason events fail, because of the lack of damage and failing break bars, and the reason 99% of the game is has to be too easy so the common denominator can finish the content. Thank god there is a method to keep these players out of the content I want to complete, it is called lfg, most players must not know how to use it. How do i know this, because compare a lfg strike group to a public instance strike group, the quality of player is significant higher.
    Personally I think the golden age of gw2 was prehot, the devs actually tried to challenge the players to get better. We had tequalt rising, triple trouble, liadre, and ls bosses with cms that have no npcs and if you die, they get 100% of the health back. This was also when silverwaste and vinewraith would fail all the time. Now we have living story bosses that the npcs will kill themself eventually, world bosses that are just loot pinatas.

  • lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    he reason 99% of the game is has to be too easy

    without that 99% it will be another game. So may be we should discard that 1% better?

    want solid balance ? - play chess.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    he reason 99% of the game is has to be too easy

    without that 99% it will be another game. So may be we should discard that 1% better?

    There can be more balance.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    he reason 99% of the game is has to be too easy

    without that 99% it will be another game. So may be we should discard that 1% better?

    There can be more balance.

    Any shift in the balance of content (regardless of direction) is going to make some players quit. Neither you nor I have any idea what numbers are we talking about, but maybe Anet does.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:

    @lare.5129 said:

    @Shadowmoon.7986 said:
    he reason 99% of the game is has to be too easy

    without that 99% it will be another game. So may be we should discard that 1% better?

    There can be more balance.

    Any shift in the balance of content (regardless of direction) is going to make some players quit. Neither you nor I have any idea what numbers are we talking about, but maybe Anet does.

    Not necessarily when the vast majority of the game favors one group of players.