Why is Warclaw so clanky to use? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

Why is Warclaw so clanky to use?

Like when you just activated it, for some reason it is too hard to navigate or move. Am I doing anything wrong? It doesn't work like when you are running without it.

Comments

• Bailios.7518Bailios.7518 Member ✭✭✭

That's how all mounts feel, they are designed to drive more like cars.

• Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021

OP is right. I just got my Warclaw and noticed how it's like driving a 1950s Massey Ferguson. Another issue I have is when I'm running and mount up, it usually takes a sharp turn of at least 90 degrees but up to 180. That is at minimum frustrating, and at worst has lead to my death several times when trying to escape a group.

I think it's the WvW maps that is the problem. I tested the Warclaw and other mounts in Tyria and did not have these problems.

• kamikharzeeh.8016kamikharzeeh.8016 Member ✭✭✭✭

people said that warclaw has the "griffon bug", means when mounting up, the cam gets stuck/locked into position and u gotta move it around a bit to get fine again. name's coming from, bc the griffon apparently has the same issue when mounting up, idk since i don't own one.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2021

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:
    people said that warclaw has the "griffon bug", means when mounting up, the cam gets stuck/locked into position and u gotta move it around a bit to get fine again. name's coming from, bc the griffon apparently has the same issue when mounting up, idk since i don't own one.

Because the warclaw is mechanically a griffon, they just cut off the wings and gave it another model. Thats why it looks so chunky.

gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

• Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dawdler.8521 said:
    Because the warclaw is mechanically a griffon, they just cut off the wings and gave it another model. Thats why it looks so chunky.

Yea it moves more like its legs are stunted or something, even if the Warclaw has pretty lorge legs.

If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

• Galmac.4680Galmac.4680 Member ✭✭✭

And there's that strange behavior (bug?) that if you are running (without a mount) in one direction, mount up and your mount starts running in a completely different direction. Very annoying if you run near a scarp.

Praise Joko! And make necros great again!

• Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

Don't forget skill #1 going on cool down, when you hop down a slope, which is a bug that should have been fixed a very long time ago.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Galmac.4680 said:
    Very annoying if you run near a scarp.

Also annoying if you are next to a blarg, or a Castle of Arrrrrggggghhhh...

Thank You for the {MEME}

@Galmac.4680 said:
    And there's that strange behavior (bug?) that if you are running (without a mount) in one direction, mount up and your mount starts running in a completely different direction. Very annoying if you run near a scarp.

that is exactly this griffon-bug, that's why people noticed that it is just a reskinned griffon with lesser base model changes thaha.

@Dawdler.8521 yeah, but if u play on low resolution mostly then everything looks a bit washed, so that doesn't matter for me honestly. if i use better graphics, my game is a lagfest thanks to playing with WLAN and on a laptop :P

• Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

Because the model and it's movements were originally designed around a higher speed and longer distance jump. And now the kitten stats don't match the animations.

How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], member of [RaW][TACO][Owls][HELL] Alliance, Kaineng.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Sarpan.9074 said:
    I tested the Warclaw and other mounts in Tyria and did not have these problems.

The Warclaw behaves differently in PvE than it does in WvW. Different movement speed, number of jumps etc.

• I hope anet sees this thread and fix what needs to be fixed. sighs

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Because the model and it's movements were originally designed around a higher speed and longer distance jump. And now the kitten stats don't match the animations.

that may be a point, the warclaw got nerfed by now like 5+ times, first time even before it was released lel (when they planned to make sniff mark stealthed pepes)

• Sylvyn.4750Sylvyn.4750 Member ✭✭✭

Anyone else have the issue when mounting up that you see the generic Warclaw skin for a second before it morphs into one of your updated skins? For reference I have the Saberclaw and Sand Lion skins that I use. I guess it's loading the basic stats for the Warclaw first and then changing the skin out a second later. Yeah, I need to upgrade my potato rig, so maybe the delay is on my end, but it's weird they would even program it to always load the basic skin before swapping it out.

• Svarty.8019Svarty.8019 Member ✭✭✭✭

@PrinceValentine.9320 said:
    Like when you just activated it, for some reason it is too hard to navigate or move. Am I doing anything wrong? It doesn't work like when you are running without it.

I think they're generally very good. What do you WANT it to feel like? I mean... I never rode a horse, so I don't know how accurate or otherwise it is.

This post contains my opinion.

• What is wrong with the Brick Kitty it seems to be operating better than designed

• Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭

As someone else pointed out, it used to feel much better to use, and had much more powerful masteries. It behaved more like other mounts and was faster and more maneuverable than it is now. It got nerfed into oblivion due to a combination of vectors for abuse being fixed and ENDLESS complaining by gankers and others here about WC's effect on WvW.

In its current form it's essentially an extra 8k health, 2 dodges, and swiftness in case your build doesn't have access to it for when you're running around. You use it because it's there, not because it's actually fun.