Gw2 should to a weekly chat with its community

ixora.3569

Just like how Bungie does TWAB (This week at Bungie) and talks to its community every week and discusses changes and nerfs in the game also community artwork and videos. A little bit of communications can go a long way for this game and I feel like it would really boost some moral around here.

I actually have been promoting that arena net take less influence by the community. I think the original game that they made without our input was a lot better then the stuff added later cause of popular demand.Having said that, there is nothing wrong with some human interaction and actually teasing a bit about what they are doing. This is something they also did better in the pre-release Era with introduction of classes, beta weekends and more. Having said that, doing it on a weekly base is likely too much. But once a month like they used to do should be possible.

Q: hey guys, what are you up to?A: working really hard on EoD expacQ: can we have meaningful content for the ongoing saga while we wait for EoD?A: nope, working really hard on EoD expacQ: some updates to sPvP or WvW then?A: nope, working really hard on EoD expacQ: geez...at a minimum you could make a few small balance passes, surely?A: nope, working really hard on EoD expacQ: so that means no new cosmetics on the store?A: ah, we always have time for that

good chat

I'd like that too, but unfortunately it wouldn't work. That's because most probably only flamers would join so instead of a good communication it would be just a spam chat like on streams, only that everyone would complain that Guild Wars 2 is bad and how they think they have better ideas than ArenaNet.If people would be more civilized and would have happy/nice talks, then yeah, I'd totally be up for something like that.

@Crono.4197 said:I'd like that too, but unfortunately it wouldn't work. That's because most probably only flamers would join so instead of a good communication it would be just a spam chat like on streams, only that everyone would complain that Guild Wars 2 is bad and how they think they have better ideas than ArenaNet.If people would be more civilized and would have happy/nice talks, then yeah, I'd totally be up for something like that.

One way around that is to have someone off-screen monitoring the chat and noting down questions to ask to the presenters on behalf of the audience.

I've never watched Guild Chat so I don't know if Anet do that already, but we do it a lot of the time in my work during presentations and things, not just to keep it civil but also so there's no long pauses while the presenters try to read through the chat and so important questions don't get lost in spam or side arguments. They'll also paraphrase the questions if necessary, to cut out inappropriate language and unnecessary waffle. (You might think pensioners volunteering for a charity would keep things civil anyway, but you'd be surprised.)

A bit like doing an Ask-Me-Anything session on Reddit or whatever. Of course you get all the ranting and spam in between questions but you don't have to answer it. As long as the person reading has some idea of what to expect it's ok.

Fixed schedule doesn't make sense unless they have stuff to talk about. Gets very awkward otherwise.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Crono.4197 said:I'd like that too, but unfortunately it wouldn't work. That's because most probably only flamers would join so instead of a good communication it would be just a spam chat like on streams, only that everyone would complain that Guild Wars 2 is bad and how they think they have better ideas than ArenaNet.If people would be more civilized and would have happy/nice talks, then yeah, I'd totally be up for something like that.

One way around that is to have someone off-screen monitoring the chat and noting down questions to ask to the presenters on behalf of the audience.

I've never watched Guild Chat so I don't know if Anet do that already, but we do it a lot of the time in my work during presentations and things, not just to keep it civil but also so there's no long pauses while the presenters try to read through the chat and so important questions don't get lost in spam or side arguments. They'll also paraphrase the questions if necessary, to cut out inappropriate language and unnecessary waffle. (You might think pensioners volunteering for a charity would keep things civil anyway, but you'd be surprised.)

A bit like doing an Ask-Me-Anything session on Reddit or whatever. Of course you get all the ranting and spam in between questions but you don't have to answer it. As long as the person reading has some idea of what to expect it's ok.

Also need to keep the questions appropriate for whoever is present. For example, questions about characters arcs probably shouldn't be fielded by a dev who is focused on designing fights. They might have something to say about it but it's not their area of expertise.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I actually have been promoting that arena net take less influence by the community. I think the original game that they made without our input was a lot better then the stuff added later cause of popular demand.I am going to have to disagree with you on this. There has been a lot of turn over at anet. To say the replacements have the same vision would be a reach. I would go as far as saying they don't listen to the people they need to enough. The people who actually play the game. Sure there is a contingent that comes to these forms that still play but there is also those who come here to stir the pot who have not logged in in ages.

Most of the content released is not something that I wanted or thought would improve the game. So nobody from anet was listening to me or taking what I thought into consideration. My personal opinion is that anet focuses to much on casual content for a player base that is not steady. There is lack of advertising for this game to focus toward new players so why not put your focus toward the veterans?

Quality of life changes, game engine changes, conversion of archaic code, make more customization for players to obtain, and create an avenue for players to submit content just to name a few. I am not saying to a stop to the story by no means but either higher more staff or make sure a specific percentage of workforce are always on these type of things.

In short players leave when they feel like they are not being heard. Not listening to what their wants and needs are would be a detriment to this game.