Who is your favorite mentor from personal story?

Sylvari.2953

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hands down Tybalt, that apple loving Kitten!

Reason why, many things actually; good background that didn't sound like he was made to fit your (main character) needs as a shoehorned in guide for you to learn the ropes character. He had some good voice acting, and witty lines. And of course he wasn't perfect. He had faults and he knew he did but still tried anyway and in the end lived out his dream saving you and others.

@Fantasy.5321 said:Sieran because of her cheerful and curious personality. She gets excited about things easily, she's motivated and likes to improvize. She's like me, I can relate to her. :) Cherry!

This. Sieran is the best, and has the best dialogue especially with Gixx. :D Every story instance put a smile on my face.

I liked them all, Forgal because he reminds me of Gibbs from NCIS, Sieran because her personality is cute and I want to hug her every time I see her. Tybalt, though, he made me feel genuinely liked and needed; he reminded me that as long as we're laughing, we're living. Sometimes I make an Apple Tart and eat it in his honor. XD

I like Sieran the best because imo she's the only one who grows as a person. She starts off as a self-centered hippy, tripping through life like it's one big joke, and then begins to understand just how big the threat to the world is, and decides that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

In contrast, Forgal is a well-known archetype, hitting all the notes of his "grizzly war veteran" trope. His sacrifice is his duty, exactly as predicted. Similarly, Tybalt, charming as he is, doesn't really grow much. He has a chip on his shoulder (or he would, if it wasn't missing ;) ) and it feels completely inevitable and predictable that he's going to sacrifice himself the moment he has an opportunity.

Sieran and Forgal had their moments... but Tybalt definately had the biggest impact durring his level 40-50 misison with his "fake it til you make it" personality. Honestly, I think it would be a good investment for the anet team to revisit Claw Island, because as it stands, I just don't understand why he had to die...

If Anet wants to challenge me on this, perhaps a "last stand on claw island" fractal could be in order? >:D

Tybalt did not actually teach me much, but I would favour for Zrii and Batanga. We infiltrated more laboratories and killed more people silently than with Tybalt.Good times to turn that lab into a mess with Batanga or to play a bit with the Peacemakers in Rata Sum with Zrii (I hope I did not accidently flipped the missions)

Now, a couple of years later, my Asura turned from a pickpocket to a self-disciplined sniper. That could've never happend with Tybalt, who had too much of...eh...a heart and...ugh...empathy for living beings.

Also, I do not accept anyone as Mentor when he or she is not Asuran.

Excelsior.

Archived