2v2's are coming

eagles.6380

@"LaFurion.3167" said:Where can u find more info on this? I love arenas.

Or just explain here how I play this mode

How you play? It's just few simple steps:

1.You make condi scourge/bunker firebrand

1. You go duo-q in with other scourge/firebrand
  2. You win against everything that it's not scourge/firebrand casue there is nothing that can kill scourge/firebrand duo
  3. You spend few hours fighting one scourge/firebrand duo

Did I missed something?

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:

@"LaFurion.3167" said:Where can u find more info on this? I love arenas.

Or just explain here how I play this mode

How you play? It's just few simple steps:

1.You make condi scourge/bunker firebrand
  1. You go duo-q in with other scourge/firebrand
  2. You win against everything that it's not scourge/firebrand casue there is nothing that can kill scourge/firebrand duo
  3. You spend few hours fighting one scourge/firebrand duo

Did I missed something?

Nothing ....that's the exact scenario

Scourge + firebrand? You guys speak like it's a glorified one node conquest mode, it's 2v2 in a open arena/map. Chrono power mesmer + holo anyone? Spiking the target down while double moaing the support might be a valide and quite a strong combo against any comps, especially one witha necro.

Why do people insist that 2v2s would be good, when they were forced way back in 2013, and even then casters would lose track of all the garbage happening on screen? It was just 4 people on a single point, and they would sometimes lose track of what was happening. Or explain how anybody watching this would find it engaging when every GW2 caster EVER has only ever said "Oh, Player X is going in now," or "Player Y is +1'ing [capture point]," or "and Player Z goes down," for no reason except for how it's impossible to adequately describe in real time the passive/instant-cast torrents which vomit out of every player in every engagement? GW2 is not built for enjoyable viewing, and it's not built for skillful duels.

What will the arena be like? Will there be capture point to worry about?

If the arena is super small or there is a capture point to contest, scourge will obviously be super strong with a support. However, if it is open space w/o capture point, scourge is actually not that strong at all.

Mirage is like opposite of the spectrum. It is poor in contesting caps but an expert in open space.

@"Swagg.9236" said:Why do people insist that 2v2s would be good, when they were forced way back in 2013, and even then casters would lose track of all the garbage happening on screen? It was just 4 people on a single point, and they would sometimes lose track of what was happening. Or explain how anybody watching this would find it engaging when every GW2 caster EVER has only ever said "Oh, Player X is going in now," or "Player Y is +1'ing [capture point]," or "and Player Z goes down," for no reason except for how it's impossible to adequately describe in real time the passive/instant-cast torrents which vomit out of every player in every engagement? GW2 is not built for enjoyable viewing, and it's not built for skillful duels.

@Daishi.6027, this might mean the oposite... since current game powercreep and spam is way to much towards 5vs5 combat, it made the combat exremelly lame, they might add a 2vs2 combat but within time will add more power creep, its a snow ball effect, more like a placebo than a real balance.

This sounds like more a test than anything else, powercreep was the result from reducing the 8 players team play to make each players on the team of five with the capabilities of a 2-4player gank or spike, since this game dont evolve towards armor stats, but does towards power creeping with skills end €xpan$ion to get better gimmicks, maybe 2 vs 2 might become real...If this is true... it confirms more power creep and aoe spam...over and over..to amke palyers envolve their characters with buildd and awfully bad designed trailines.

.. the truth is they never will balance the game wich is more than expected and they are throwing random pvp modes to try to keep the players.... w/o actually fix the problem on it root.

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@Vague Memory.2817 said:Wake me up when they decide to add what people want: 1v1s.

In a game when all is about countering? (at least at the game release) I don't think so

This game stopped being about countering as soon as they added uncounteredable skills (unblockables anyone?) and builds, and when they stop adding big skill tell-signs to the game. But even taking that in to consideration you would still be countering in a 1v1 or you die.

@Poplolita.2638 said:Scourge + firebrand? You guys speak like it's a glorified one node conquest mode, it's 2v2 in a open arena/map. Chrono power mesmer + holo anyone? Spiking the target down while double moaing the support might be a valide and quite a strong combo against any comps, especially one witha necro.

No need to moa the support. Moa the target at full hp. If power mes and holo can't burst the target before moa over they have a huge problem between their ears.

Archived