The next bandwagon profession

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Just some interesting topic and I'm keen to know people's thought process in this :PLet's face it, no matter how well ANet balance there will always be that one spec that a large group of people jump on. Its been like that for 5+ years.

Currently we know that necro and mesmer are under spotlight for changes, and more to come before Feb 6thSo assuming that ANet has balance specs in the right direction (bear with me here), what do you guys think is the next profession that people will flock to and why?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably Spellbreaker if they go pretty much untouched. Spellbreaker is currently the only class that can 1v1 everything (as a decent player), to hold/neutralise a point, with scourge being the most difficult (pretty much impossible as a decent scourge). With both Mirage and Scourge both getting some nerfs (more than likely), its only going to make a spellbreakers job easier.

But then who knows what Anet might do across the board.

I bet anet will just zone in on the first 3 new elite specs that became OP (firebrand, scourge, spellbreaker) and leave the rest untouched (except for confusion changes, which may or may not be a buff, because anet). Holo will remain overtoned, maybe they'll even buff it, and we'll see teams of 3 holos.

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:I have a feeling the most popular classes (Scourge, Mirage, FB) will get hit except Holo. So Holo as it counters Spellbreaker hard.

I went with ele from a WvW perspective as I feel a buff incoming. But this is a fairly good point. Engineer is or was, the least (or second least) played class with rev, probably the most balanced out there right now. Could be possible if mesmer and thief see nerfs the flavour of the monthers will jump ship. When they realise holo is not a cake walk and is not as strong as appears as its almost purely an opportunistic spec, that will be hilarious.

the next bandwagon class is the class you pvpers are not trying to get nerfed now. now its necro and mesmer, next will be one of the other classes, then another, and so on and so on. you guys for some reason cant see the cycle. when you guys get a class or classes nerfed. of course some other class will take it place. then yall will start on that class till its nerfed. then another will take that ones place. till you are back to necro and mesmer again. (see what i did there. cycle thing, teaching moment)

When they will see me cutting their heads off ,while dodging arrows, bullets and traps with permanent(almost) resistance boon, they will ask me to share my Kung Fu with them. But i'm not taking apprentices. In order to avenge themselves they will try to hunt me, but not as thieves, warriors or holosmiths but as revenants.

@Ario.8964 said:Only because there's been no explicit mention of guard changes or even recognition of the fact that they are way too strong I cast my vote for them. If they aren't nerfed then they'll be the go to with spellbreaker and holosmith as close follow ups.

I bet on Holosmith, that or Spellbreaker....but i dont see people going for FB, without Scourge to spread condi cancer around everyone or to be supported i am not sure if Firebrand will still be a must have on the group comp

@"pah.4931" said:I think we're about to see the glorious rise of the Revenant.

How? Renegade brought literaly notning to the class for PvP/WvW, core Rev was always weak and every single patch in the last twelve months was either a nerf or neutral to the Herald. Nerfing the strongest classes won't change a bit the fate of Rev because has no role or purpose in PvP. His current best "metabattle build" is 77 and I think that is both overrated and outdated.

Archived