I'm by no means a fan of druids. However ...

Math.5123

What was the point of nerfing their heals into literal oblivion? They were already incredibly sub-par side noders compared to both spellbreakers and chronomancers.That being said, the healing was never the issue with the class to begin with. The reset potential with Celestial Shadow has always been the issue with druid. Another bandaid nerf that completely missed the mark.

I feel bad for all you druids out there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:What was the point of nerfing their heals into literal oblivion? They were already incredibly sub-par side noders compared to both spellbreakers and chronomancers.That being said, the healing was never the issue with the class to begin with. The reset potential with Celestial Shadow has always been the issue with druid. Another bandaid nerf that completely missed the mark.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:What was the point of nerfing their heals into literal oblivion? They were already incredibly sub-par side noders compared to both spellbreakers and chronomancers.That being said, the healing was never the issue with the class to begin with. The reset potential with Celestial Shadow has always been the issue with druid. Another bandaid nerf that completely missed the mark.

They didn't nerf their healing..lingering light increase healing by 50% while using CA, reason for the change was to impose a barrier between offensive druid with ancient seed and support druid, this thread is unnecessary

Funny, yesterday in WvW I was talking about druids and rangers overall. It's not only the access to stealth and lack of drawback to it, but the mobility that druid was gifted with. But as much as stealth might be okay-ish, it's the constant mobility with long range that makes it a tad bit too much in most scenarios. It's not that hard to fix it (unless spaghetti coding), but if mobility skills were gut throughout the board, we wouldn't have so much rinse and repeat gameplay where every mistake can be reset on demand THAT frequently. For refernece, just recall/check other mmorpgs and how those handle mobility in their scenarios.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:I mean their healing was still pretty strong - but I like the nerf, now no more running away then resetting full health. Take that! ;)

I still want a GS warrior run away nurf :, players need to pay for their mistakes is they dive in when they should not XD

Nerf that class and not mine!

hahahahahha

I've played Druid a lot, and this nerf is just total bs and really uncalled for. It wasnt even meta in this season to begin with. It couldn't win most duels already. The only time Druid was a favourable pick was if your team did not have any support at all, or when you had to kite the enemy FB/Scourge solo. Neither of those roles seem to be possible anymore now... so yeah pretty much they destroyed the class. I didn't even play it yet since the patch, but I think its quite safe to say this.

@Krispera.5087 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:They didn't nerf their healing..
lingering light
increase healing by 50% while using CA, reason for the change was to impose a barrier between offensive druid with ancient seed and support druid, this thread is unnecessary

Outgoing heal only. It's a nerf.

Exactly. Can't believe some are trying to argue otherwise.

They really butchered Druid in this update.

Druid now has no self sustain, no damage, and no utility. It literally just sits there and does nothing.

Not to mention that even with 100% boon duration, we still can't get permanent swiftness uptime after the warhorn nerfs. Like wat?? LOL

@shadowpass.4236 said:They really butchered Druid in this update.

Druid now has no self sustain, no damage, and no utility. It literally just sits there and does nothing.

Not to mention that even with 100% boon duration, we still can't get permanent swiftness uptime after the warhorn nerfs. Like wat?? LOL

I'm a rev main and druid alt, in my point of view druid has officially gotten revenant'ed. You aren't allowed to be effective at anything no matter what.

I feel like the Druid nerfs were more aimed at removing them as the supreme healers of PvE, and Anet simply didn't care how these nerfs would effect PvP. Funny thing is, Druids will probably still be the go to PvE healer.

But all that matters now is OMG I LOVE MY NEW MEDKIT!

@Shaogin.2679 said:I feel like the Druid nerfs were more aimed at removing them as the supreme healers of PvE, and Anet simply didn't care how these nerfs would effect PvP. Funny thing is, Druids will probably still be the go to PvE healer.

I agree, I believe also this to be the main reason for the nerfs on druid. You can just take 2 druids now for might and heals instead of 1 in raids... Nothing changed much outside of this, but in that trade-off , they destroyed an already sub-par class in PvP ... This , among many other things is why you can't take balance in this game seriously.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Shaogin.2679 said:I feel like the Druid nerfs were more aimed at removing them as the supreme healers of PvE, and Anet simply didn't care how these nerfs would effect PvP. Funny thing is, Druids will probably still be the go to PvE healer.

I agree, I believe also this to be the main reason for the nerfs on druid. You can just take 2 druids now for might and heals instead of 1 in raids... Nothing changed much outside of this, but in that trade-off , they destroyed an already sub-par class in PvP ... This , among many other things is why you can't take balance in this game seriously.

Good groups only run most bosses with 1 healer (druid). I dont think that will change unless Anet buffs unavoidable damage done by bosses significantly

It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

BUT:

'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.'

It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

@Twyn.7320 said:It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

'Cosmic Ray: Reduced the healing of this skill by 30%.Seed of Life: Reduced the healing of this skill by 35%.Lunar Impact: The heal scaling of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the lower 20% reduced heal scaling in all modes.Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the healing of this skill by 40%.'

BUT:

'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form. While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.'

It's trying to work Druid around the idea of doing a lot of healing during CA, but not as much outside of it. Considering that most of the healing is actually buffed by 10-30% depending on the skill that you use, due to the: Lingering Light (50) - Reduction (40/35/30/20) = 10 to 30% buff. I'm aware that Druid may not be as popular in comparison to other support classes, but claiming that it's been nerfed isn't true. It's been buffed and shifted so that you either play pure healer, or something else, instead of doing both roles at the same time.

Now, they need to look at the OTHER support classes/specs and balance those to fit this shift. Hopefully, soonTM.

A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Twyn.7320 said:It's not a nerf, it's a shift.

BUT:

'Lingering Light: This trait no longer grants its effects when healing an ally. It now grants its effects when entering celestial avatar form.
While in celestial avatar form, outgoing healing to allies is increased by 50%.
'

A druid's personal sustain in CA has been cut by about 35%. How is that not a nerf?

Yes, it's been nerfed in that aspect. However, it's been buffed in other aspects, such as damage increases to Sword 2 on both skills, and healing output to allies. People have just locked on to 'self-healing' and ignored everything else.

In addition:

Healing Spring: The condition-cleansing aspect of this skill is no longer split between game modes and will now use the increased removal of 2 conditions per pulse in all modes. (More condition cleanse for sustain for all modes now).

Archived