What do you do for fun?

I do achiements. My main goal in the game is just trying to collect all available achievment points. Due to that i can say i preety much enjoy doing all the content, especialy fractals, raids and exploring new maps when they come. I do dislike pvp though, its also the achievment category which i have the least completed. I still do pvp, i cant say i hate it, but i need to take long breaks sometimes.

I play with the Gem Store instruments for fun, while I'm hoping that ArenaNet will finally add a few new ones. Maybe a violin. A little whistle instrument that lets your character whistle a little tune. We got the harp, which is close to a piano in sound, but I still want a piano. I want better drums, a better selection beyond tribal thumps. But.. yeah, I try to figure out songs, create my own original ones, and play those for my own enjoyment.

I tried to make a song with all the things to do using the lyrics from We Didn't Start the Fire as a template.

It ended up longer than the song and I ran out of time.

If you just stop looking at the dots in the minimap and travel the world, you'll see there's tons of things to do an see. Not many of that will give you achievement points, but we do not watch a movie or read a book for points, we do it to see what happens next.

Regarding PoF: I have it and like to play there. I would say: Give it a go. :)

Regarding fun in the game: I like a lot of activities. Generally, the amount of existing achievements all types is enormous. I am playing since beta and have a long list of things undone, stacking more and more with every new LS episode. So, no chance for me to get bored, ever.My preferred activities are PvE explorable for farming, diverse metas, diverse achievements and raids. I do WvW and Fractals too. My biggest fun is at jumping. I also like helping people and tag up regularly in PvE for events or to take groups into JPs. I don't do/like dungeons and storylines (I do those last ones only once to get one toon through, not more).

I love running VB/AB/TD->DS, chill out grinding LW3 HoT currencies (pearls in SL, berries in BF etc), a nicely hectic LD leather farm and taking some time out from these more profitable ventures to take it slow doing zone completion on one of eight alts.

WvW is on my number 1 list of fun thing to do (Story progression if we got an update).

Other than that... I just walking around randomly in open world finding nice place to screenshotAnd maybe joining world boss meta / HoT meta also nice, there are always some funny chat going on in there.

For PoF, by all means, go for it. The story and world is really well polished :smile:

Now that I'm all maxed on 3 characters and don't have to work on gear I keep myself busy by doing open world events for Gold to unlock Gem Store skins and convenience items and I do "adopt a newbie" events when I go to a starter map, find a fun new player and help them progress their 1st character. It's an amazing way to make friends. I also help my guildies when they need something. I think the best part of MMOs is the second M = Multiplayer. Helping other people never gets old. It's the main reason why I've been playing since beta. :)

@Thobek.1730 said:

@"chrisjfinlay.5614" said:I'm spending a lot of time doing Verdant Brink and Dragon's Stand meta events

When do people run the Dragon's Stand event? its always dead now when I go there.

I was doing it at 20:30 BST last night, map was actually so full after the start of the event it took me 10-15 minutes to rejoin my squad. Have seen it pretty full a lot of the time. Are you going in at the right times? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

Generally I don't. The only reason why I'm here is because I'm too sick to do anything else, and too poor to buy another game. So I grind away gold in my spare time in case something in the gem store comes along that I really want.

Though there is one thing I do for fun: I host serpent's ire an hour before reset on most weekdays now. I'm doing this primarily to get the community familiar enough with the event so that it can be done more regularly. The hardest part is getting players to listen, and the second hardest part is getting players to understand complex concepts like "DPS" and "Crowd Control".