How many times have you completed Agent of Entropy?

@"starlinvf.1358" said:hre was no 1000+ option......

1015 times, and right now 180/200 to 1016

Yeah, I hit enter on my keyboard to start a new line but had accidentally clicked out of the box. Very late where I am atm of writing this.

And my goodness. That is about 200,000+ items salvaged. Should have a title for that much. How's the "Condenser" sound? or... "Salvager"?

From some old screenshots I took:

• On 2015, March 30th I was at 4,787 times completed. (957,400 salvaged items)
  • On 2016, May 24th I was at 9,494 times completed. (1,898,800 salvaged items)
  • On 2018, August 14th I was at 13,115 times completed. (2,623,000 salvaged items)

At the time of this posting:

• gw2efficiency rank: 27th of 168,537 with 2,623,052 salvaged items

• 2015, March 30th: 4,787 (957,400 salvaged items)wE2L8or.jpg(my math was off on it by 500 items back when I added the amount of salvaged items to that screenshot - it was 957,412 not 912)

• 2016, May 24th: 9,494 (1,898,800 salvaged items)NXlmwD0.jpg

• 2018, August 14: 13,115 (2,623,000 salvaged items)lobprTs.jpg

The majority of all of my salvages have been the result of 'salvage for profit' via trading post buy orders, though I've not been as active in the game as I used to be.

• It is a very casual way to gain quite a lot of gold to pay for outfitting 30+ characters with anything they may need or want (gem store skins/upgrades, gear, etc) with very minimal effort - I can log in and make gold whether I have just a few minutes of playtime or a few hours. This method of gold acquisition also permits me to avoid interacting with other people entirely unless I want to. It also frees me from partaking in focus-intensive/group activities which would often require undivided attention (which is often demanded by my kitty and other things) in order to make some gold. One by-product is that Account Luck gets maxxed extremely fast due to all of the luck from salvaging - though then you either need to store the excess in case it becomes useful at a later date or pitch it. Mules are good for storage - working on filling a 5th mule with exotic luck stacks...just in case.

@Dami.5046 said:

@Ziooo.8932 said:According to gw2efficiency, #1 has 43.667.606 items salvaged... community's mean is 44.407 and median is 20.289

I bet thats the necro that AFK's by pala. All that fuss and all they do is savage.

Holy hell, that figure can't be right, can it?Let's just assume he salvages 2 items per second then he spent over 6064 hours on salvaging alone or 252,7 days full-time salvaging. Not taking into consideration the acquisition time and other needed activities.

..What the Skritt?

@Captain Prinny.6492 said:

@Ziooo.8932 said:According to gw2efficiency, #1 has 43.667.606 items salvaged... community's mean is 44.407 and median is 20.289

I bet thats the necro that AFK's by pala. All that fuss and all they do is savage.

Holy hell, that figure can't be right, can it?Let's just assume he salvages 2 items per second then he spent over 6064 hours on salvaging alone or 252,7 days full-time salvaging. Not taking into consideration the acquisition time and other needed activities.

..What the Skritt?

This person is likely the one that I often encounter buy order wars with on a group of white items that are extremely abundant in the game. The person is always at their computer and will instantly (or within seconds) outbid any competing buy orders across these dozens of items.

For a long time I thought this 'person' was a gold farming/selling company that pays people to take 'shifts' playing on the same account to farm gold in the game 24/7 that they then sell due to what time of day/night it is (or even time of year) making no difference on if the person is online to outbid you - they are always actively watching these items. If this person with 40mil+ salvages on gw2efficiency is also the person I encounter on these items, it is unlikely it is a gold seller as I doubt they would register on that site. Their almost total dominance of these many items for the last 3+ years that I've been working to siphon some of the supply on would easily result in that many salvages for them, especially if they've been doing it for even longer.

As these items are very common, it is normal to get several dozen of each of the different items every minute. This could easily result in several hundred salvaged items every minute or so. These items are extremely cheap (60c -1s) and produce materials that sell for 2-3 times the cost of buying the item - the items also produce more than 1 of the material fairly often.

This person also likely has several dozen thousand gold by now just from salvaging these items and selling the materials. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same person who has the most liquid gold on gw2efficiency as it is extremely lucrative, but primarily only for them due to their working these items 24/7 and other people can barely manage to sneak buy orders of 5-10 getting filled (a matter of a few seconds usually) before they are outbid again by them.

Archived