Why ANet knows how to buff other class's elites but not ele's?

LazySummer.2568

From Rampage to now Daggerstorm, Chaotic Release, and Signet of Courage. Meanwhile, our class are stuck with mediocre to trash elites. FGS is on irreducible 180s cd for some reason when all that weapon is good for is running away, cleaving downs, or filler for pve rotations. Weave self is only good because of condi conversion from Leadership rune and Stability from Bolstered Elements. Rebound just for one extra aura or to buy a little bit of time to not die because every other elites suck on tempest.

The only other class I can find that has mediocre elites is ranger, but at least none of them are sitting at some absurd 180s cd.

Couldn't even get our FGS cast time and/or pick up time to be reduced from 1s to 0.75s, much less taking a look at Tornado and the Pet Glyph.

I'm just really fed up with the clear balancing bias from ANet against eles that they like to deny doing, especially with the must preemptive nerf when buff thing.

Yeah, I'm running around with a racial elite skill on my ele for years now. Because 3 seconds of invulnerability + some flower-towers that draw aggro away from me is actually useful in PvE.

Tornado used to be strong back when it increased your stats. You could get some nice meteor shower hits from that.FGS was always weak except when abusing the burning trail. After the fix it's just weak.The pet glyph has always been some free dps that doesn't interfere with your rotation.

@LazySummer.2568 said:I'm just really fed up with the clear balancing bias from ANet against eles that they like to deny doing, especially with the must preemptive nerf when buff thing.

I don't know why it takes them so long to release balance pathes. Near two months of waiting for a single balance patch that makes noticeable changes to one or two professions/elite specializations at most while other professions get little to no changes whatsoever.

@jcH.7109 said:I just want a small buff to Weave Self. Or rather the secondary active skill Weave Self comes with (the AoE unblockable CC). You should be able to cast it while moving.

It's also really stupid to me how the correct way to use Weave Self is to only attune to 3 elements and not use the 4th until the very end. The 2s cd for attunement should continue to be active during Perfect Weave and the whole thing should just have a 30s duration. All these extra micro for a hard class for no rewards.

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Zelse.9780 said:can we just have the tornado elite an aoe summon spell? Just summon a massive tornado in one spot? Because, why not?

Tornado is a cantrip. Those are usually self-effects.Id much rather have tornado work a bit like a shroud, where you get a secondary HP while in tornado mode.

I dunno the tornado idea as an AOE would be nice to have, maybe its time to change it from a cantrip, i dont know. Way back when the game first came out i thought tornado was going to be an elite AOE spell, and..it was a transformation that was just..awful...

I really wish we had an AOE like the hydras do.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Zelse.9780 said:can we just have the tornado elite an aoe summon spell? Just summon a massive tornado in one spot? Because, why not?

Tornado is a cantrip. Those are usually self-effects.Id much rather have tornado work a bit like a shroud, where you get a secondary HP while in tornado mode.

I dunno the tornado idea as an AOE would be nice to have, maybe its time to change it from a cantrip, i dont know. Way back when the game first came out i thought
tornado
was going to be an elite AOE spell, and..it was a transformation that was just..awful...

I
really
wish we had an AOE like the hydras do.

Imagine if the Tornado elite skill was changed to an AoE spell where 2-3 tornadoes wreaked havoc in the user's chosen location, knocking back foes while doing an insane amount of damage. That would be way better than what we have now.

The only time Tornado was good was when we could mix it with Meteor Shower to increase our power and damage and during the HoT meta when guilds fought in the Guild Hall using melee sustain builds.

In today's meta, nobody really uses it. FGS is the real hero and even that is mostly used as an escape function.

After X hours on ele, i forgot that this class has an elite skill. In PvP I use Weave Self mostly when I need to sustain while outnumbered and Fiery GS in WvW when enemies are clearly too many and I know that other dash/gap closer abilities are on cd or won't be enough to escape (or when I chase some kitties).That's all. While other classes elites are used in every duel or fight, ele elites works more like "o fck" button. New players might find it odd, but tbh got used to it and don't feel like I need more powerful elites (because as far as I know ANet elementalist balancing system, they would only make things worse).

Glyph of Elementals is a great elite skill, the best summon elite and very versatile imho. I use it daily to great effect, either as a fire and forget dps boost (fire ele) or extra cc (air, water). The elementals could use a slight damage buff maybe, but overall it is the best elite summon skill (both for dps and utility) among all professions, including flesh golem.

Rebound is useful in its niche, and FGS is a PvE dps boost right? Many professions don't even have an elite for that.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Snow Crows latest benchmarks

Weaver in top five DPS for big & small hitbox. Tempest top five for big hitbox.

First this needs to be pointed out because ignoring most of the game dps in pve makes every thing alright?

Ele elite skills have never been that strong but there normal utility often feel more like elite skills. Ele realty needs a good one shot elite skill that dose not put the ele in a state of not being an ele or that requires them to give up skills use have the full effect of such an elite skill. Ele needs an arcain elite skill badly. A good one shot aoe burst dmg with a knock back on a some what low cd that hits 10 targets.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Snow Crows latest benchmarks

and hitting a test golem over and over again says so much about real world performance.

Because hitting a golem helps you so much if a deadeye just hits you out of stealth for 24k damage. Without any defense possibility.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

and hitting a test golem over and over again says so much about real world performance.

Because hitting a golem helps you so much if a deadeye just hits you out of stealth for 24k damage. Without any defense possibility.

Maybe there could be an elite called 'testGolimify' that turns an opponent into a frozen stick for 4 minutes and gives all raids buffs at the same time (so you can wear full dps gear ofc) while also giving you a personal healer so you can stand and spam an optimal rotation. This resets when you kill an opponent.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Maybe there could be an elite called 'testGolimify' that turns an opponent into a frozen stick for 4 minutes and gives all raids buffs at the same time (so you can wear full dps gear ofc) while also giving you a personal healer so you can stand and spam an optimal rotation. This resets when you kill an opponent.

TestGolimify!?! LOL. You just made soda shoot out my nose with this one. Anet developers need to make it happen.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Best idea ever!

As I primarily play lightning rod sword weaver I must admit that I quite like weave self, especially seeing as tailored victory is an unblockable 360 radius aoe that applies lightning rod. I do however feel that this "highlight moment" could be improved even moreso, by increasing the damage of tailored victory. Due to the setup required and it being very telegraphed (+ on a 90s cd), I don't think you risk too much by doing this (in terms of balance), but it could give the elite that "oomph" that a lot of people find lacking about ele elites in general.

Archived