Hope reaper doesn't get nerfed

Axl.8924

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So long as they keep the nerfs to pvp only, since that's the only place you can consider it vaguely OP, then I'm okay with it. And said nerfs (if they even do nerf it) should be to do with the recent buffs. No need to nerf say the damage of a particular skill, when before it was considered fine and only now with the recent buffs, it is considered op.

Changes with each balance patchs are a given. All changes can usually be seen as nerf or buffs. At the moment, I tend to wonder why ANet gave ferocity to a trait that already give a high flat crit chance increase, that's a terribly imbalanced change that allow the character to disregard the need to invest in some stats, pushing the necromancer toward builds that are perceived as "tanky" and retaining "high" damage.

There is a need to force a trade off for damage and so, my bet would be that decimate defense might be what will be hitten by the nerfbat because it's not obviously related to the issue in PvP/WvW. I can perfectly imagine a: "decimate defense changed to rip/corrupt a boon whenever you apply chill". Because ANet never learn...

Thing is:Before this a lot of folks fled the game.I'm a true invested in my necro i love the class and want to enjoy it, but being in the trash heap and watching my class get gutted in one elite spec is disheartening.I do pvp from time to time, and i don't think its too much to be doing up to 17000 when its easily avoided by people who cripple us and range us.Besides:we sacrificed most of our survivability to be a true glass cannon.

Why should reapers be the one doing not enough dmg to kill someone because their burst is so low if they don't have the survivability? its not fair.Its not fair that a warrior can have op sustain support and op dmg.

Why can mesmers be gods of everything? Why can mesmers have infinite dodges invulns and do insane op dmg too?

And reapers who are by far the most balanced class who has more counters, including a newly added one:Quickness and might can be ripped and or corrupted.

I saw before the buff scourge was good then it went from good to trash in pve.Now reaper is finally a lot better and people cry for nerfs?

Also:A double pistol t hief can do that much damage and he has more mobility than us.

Another thing to add:The slow moving frankenstein monster or jason equivalent doesn't work if you hit like a wet noodle.Just imagine if jason vorhees came out of nowhere and was slapping you with a wet noodle, then it would end up as a joke.BesidesWe need that quickness to hit fast enough to land a hit and to kill people, otherwise once again lets all say it together:Reaper will not be a threat no more.Reapers for a while have had trouble landing hits with gs if you guys remember last year when gs got some buffs but still under performed in pvp.

@"Axl.8924" said:Also:A double pistol t hief can do that much damage and he has more mobility than us.P/P thief does a lot less damage, has less utility / sustainability / team support, only does single target damage, is a lot more fragile and is overall just inferior in everything except range and mobility (the later one only barely if you're running a damage focused build). Power reaper is no position to complain about P/P thief having "X".

@"Crinn.7864" said:Why would they nerf Reaper in a mode that it underperforms in?A-Net doesn't need a reason to nerf stuff, they've nefed underperforming things before. I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf necro in a way that barely impacts the "issue" they want to address but completely screws over something entierly different.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@"Kam.4092" said:It will get nerfed in PvP, and not PvE. Just what I think.

Also why make a thread about this, it just adds to your worry.

Why would they nerf Reaper in a mode that it underperforms in?

Why did they nerf trap DH when it wasn't that great in high end PvP. Same answer.

"Why get better at a game when I can complain endlessly to get something nerfed because my own inability to adapt is poor but I personally consider myself the best player. "

Reaper always had damage but it was always built as a buriser because it was the only build that somewhat covered the huge flaws, which people just ignore to make an argument , in its gameplay. Now damage is somewhat viable because it's more applicable but it's not that much higher and the flaws are still there. It's literally a case of people expecting one thing and playing against it the same way as the new fotm build and expecting the same outcome: "I can face tank and outbox" then taking a huge chunk and being all what I died.

@Tails.9372 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:Also:A double pistol t hief can do that much damage and he has more mobility than us.P/P thief does a lot less damage, has less utility / sustainability / team support, only does single target damage, is a lot more fragile and is overall just inferior in everything except range and mobility (the later one only barely if you're running a damage focused build). Power reapler is no position to complain about P/P thief having "X".

@"Crinn.7864" said:Why would they nerf Reaper in a mode that it underperforms in?A-Net doesn't need a reason to nerf stuff, they've nefed underperforming things before. I wouldn't be surprised if they nerf necro in a way that barely impacts the "issue" they want to address but completely screws over something entierly different.

Wasn't p/p mostly a troll build anyways? A lot of folks i've heard on thief forum play S/D, thats what my thief is.It had something to do with unblockable.

If it gets nerfed, they need to nerf other classes heavily.Like guard has maybe even better burst and better survivability than reaper.Or thief, feels like having 5milion Condi cleanses, 10bilion dodges, 90% stealth uptime, and even higher burst than guard or reaper. Not to mention the mobility.

@Axl.8924 said:Been trying out reaper and its nice dmg.Still needs a bit more survivability in my opinion outside of reaper to live longer.

Hope it doesn't get nerfed because it doesn't need nerfed for pve or pvp.

just came out of a Ranked match where 2 reapers were using very similar builds...

hit like trucks...ridiculous damage and takes me from 22k to down with a couple of abilities.

@Axl.8924 said:Because it doesn't need nerfing in pvp or pve, its already working as planned.People need to learn to counter it by not facetanking. bad players facetank get wrecked then they QQ.

People also needed to learn to counter Scourges without facetanking.. aka ranged classes. But we all know how that turned out. People are too lazy or unwilling to change their build or classes so they expect other classes to be nerfed instead.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Been trying out reaper and its nice dmg.Still needs a bit more survivability in my opinion outside of reaper to live longer.

just came out of a Ranked match where 2 reapers were using very similar builds...

hit like trucks...ridiculous damage and takes me from 22k to down with a couple of abilities.

I can probably find 8 other professions that can bring someone from 22k to down with a couple of abilities. The necromancer, whatever it's specialization is weak against hard CC (interrupt) as for reaper specifically, it's not the best spec ever to chase someone that want to kit him. So just keep yourself a bit away from the reaper when he is in shroud and interrupt the easily interruptible skills with looooong cast time.

You could be in front of a worst matchup after all, you could be destroyed from afar by a stealthed DE that unload you to death before you even have the time to spot him.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

like warrior, ranger, mesm, rev, holo,...welcome to oneshotmeta gw2 2k18!

Its not 1 shot really, because you have to use 4 hits to kill someone maybe 5 on reaper if they stand still.Even so the 4 to down someone another few to kill someone so its not a one shot.Its not even really a one shot for DE because they too are using a string of shots and they use it not once but twice to down you and then kill you.

nerfing reaper now would kill it and make it trash tier in pve.Its not overpowered in pve, if anything its still slightly below the build dps and still doesn't offer any decent support.It might get nerfed again but if it does, its autokick again.

I don't know what class you play but reaper is finally in a good place.

Archived