What’s your FUN wvw profession and build?

Psycoprophet.8107

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try to literally play everything - from power/hybrid/condi, meta/nonmeta/myownbuilds/gimmickbuilds, all weaponsets, try out runes and sigils I never considered before, as well as traits, just to see if something clicks here and there. That's my version of the fun, as well as trying to find ways to beat certain builds. I don't always try for the most offensive damage or annoying cancer builds because sometimes I do like to offer some counterplay. I'm already playing at a disadvantage anyhow with my ping but if the game can't find an easier way for balance, I do accept gimping myself in order for others to have fun - the real challenge in that is trying to work with whatever limitation I give myself. I change builds so often that most of my armor/wep have to be exotics, but I have access to all the asc trinkets I'd need. I don't have a favourite profession but I have to change to certain ones depending on my ping (I have unstable pings and lag spikes all the way to 4k). Sometimes I change to a diff class each time I die, unless there is a big queue. I wouldn't say Renegade is my least favourite, but it was my least used until recently and I've been putting more hours into it and it's slightly better than before but still needs a lot of work imo. I still have fun on that but it needs love. I guess I usually change into a class depending on what's needed for zerg/roam/smallscale. I just wish everyone would see how fun it is to play around with all this stuff instead of saying everything sucks or is nerfed.

@Naxos.2503 said:Nobody ever expects the mortar kit engineer :DIf we're talking really quirky and odd builds, one of the few fun and weird things that I have dabbled with in PoF has been a power/healing hybrid Holo with mortar kit. It bursts damage in Holo, heals through kit and sharing heat therapy with stacked outgoing%, and can do additional nifty tricks between kits (tripple water field with splash/tick over the three kits for example). It can work as a condi/healing hybrid too (flame/jugger with burn traits from Holo).

Hybrid Mirage kinda became less effective for me after the last patch, so I moved back to full power. I am trying to use my Rev to fill in some odd play times in WvW, but it is not just as good for me. I want to make condi Renegade work so badly, but it is just not a very strong performer in this meta. Glad they killed Chrono, being a veil/portal bot is not much fun. I don't really play any other classes in WvW, but there are none that I hate.

@Darwin Iznang.1342 said:Hybrid Mirage kinda became less effective for me after the last patch, so I moved back to full power. I am trying to use my Rev to fill in some odd play times in WvW, but it is not just as good for me. I want to make condi Renegade work so badly, but it is just not a very strong performer in this meta. Glad they killed Chrono, being a veil/portal bot is not much fun. I don't really play any other classes in WvW, but there are none that I hate.

Honestly hybrid rev (core/renegade) is extremely underrated imo. They scale well regardless of fight size, have solid self sustain that scales with how many you're fighting (tormenting runes), have boon strip, and can provide some limited boon support to a group (resistance/might/alacrity).

I'd admit it isn't always the most easy spec to run but to say it's not a strong performer is wrong (imo).

@Helly.2597 said:

@Darwin Iznang.1342 said:Hybrid Mirage kinda became less effective for me after the last patch, so I moved back to full power. I am trying to use my Rev to fill in some odd play times in WvW, but it is not just as good for me. I want to make condi Renegade work so badly, but it is just not a very strong performer in this meta. Glad they killed Chrono, being a veil/portal bot is not much fun. I don't really play any other classes in WvW, but there are none that I hate.

Honestly hybrid rev (core/renegade) is extremely underrated imo. They scale well regardless of fight size, have solid self sustain that scales with how many you're fighting (tormenting runes), have boon strip, and can provide some limited boon support to a group (resistance/might/alacrity).

I'd admit it isn't always the most easy spec to run but to say it's not a strong performer is wrong (imo).

This is true. I've seen some of them fight, even hybrid heralds. And they're strong.

Core Rev is one of my favorite specs to play. I sometimes spec my Minstrel Herald to Salv/Invo/Retri Ventari/Shiro for smaller scale fights because of the evade spam and mobility from Shiro. Core Mallyx/Shiro is also a really fun combo with all the mobility you can get.

Quickdraw is one of my favorite Ranger traits and I love playing it on core because I can fit Skirmishing in without sacrificing as much. I especially like running it with double melee, but I'm not very good at it.

When I am constantly finding myself outnumbered and getting zerged down, I will sometimes go on my Minstrel Druid and troll people with ridiculous root and stealth spam.

I usually wind up playing my Celestial Mallyx Herald when there are queues since I can use it for both roaming and zergs. When fighting larger numbers it’s much easier to generate might and have enemies stand in your AOEs. The damage is too low for solo roaming, but the tankiness and CC works well if you have a few people.

This build used to be much better since it used to have decent Stability uptime and could reach 100% boon duration. The nerfs to the Stability traits and boon duration have really hurt it. Also the old Facet of Nature worked much better with Mallyx for zerg fights. Transferring conditions only seems to work if you can pull 30-40 stacks of burning to yourself when the enemy is firing at allies with a Mortar. In that scenario it’s easy to get 5-6k burning.

i like to create builds out of the meta for pvp and wvw/gvg. few years ago as condi thief which became viral 1 years ago. turned to condi mesmer which become viral till this day and now support role mainly. aura share ele, soothing mist ele, scrapper and for the last 2 years mainly ventari rev.FB not that much

after so long seeing the big red numbers on the screen i like to see the greens/blues on it now with supporting others

I don't get a lot of time to play so I like to bring Basilik Venom for Stone and Scorpion Wire for pull on my DE to wander around going fishing on walls or pull something with nice boon stacks from a zerg while floating around different fights across the maps. Kneel/Snipers Cover for the Shadow Barrier makes it a nice quick trench for support to start rolling up a side of a blob with pulls and other cc or to get close enough to hammer their support or to cover a rez or something.

Get your underwater game on though, pulling someone under water who's not expecting to get wet is fun and if you've learned your underwater kit you can waste a groups time and probably get a kill or two if they haven't put any thought into their underwater kit.

Archived