Its WORTH to make NEW PLAYABLE RACES in GW2

Xar.6279

New playable races are worth making - even if it takes alot of work.Why?Because its "Fashion Wars". People care about their characters look. While new race changes almost everything in this case.Also... Story is very important part of Guild Wars 2. While new playable races would let us go deeper and improve immersion.That's why I think new races are even more important than new fractals and raids. Especially in such casual game as GW2.

Which race you would like to see first?I vote for Dwarves! :3

@zealex.9410 said:New race its somethign thats been asked as much if not more than mounts. Both can be monetised in the form of an expansion selling point and post expansion with faces hairstyles etc.

A Mount skin is available to everyone, because everyone has access to all mounts, meanwhile those extra faces and hairstyles will be available only to the specific race that gets them. It's not the same in any way. Plus Races require way more to design and implement than a mount, depending on how they implement them of course.

@hugo.4705 said:Instead of asking for new races, ask for tonics representing those races, more helpful and easier to make.-Tengu Tonic-Largos Tonic-Harpy Tonic~Already have kodan.~Already have hyleks~Already have quaggans

Ps: plz, awakened asura tonic, golem mark I and II tonics. CENTAUR tonic.

And make combat tonics useable on mounts.

If they don't make content, you'd have nowhere to play those races.So no, it's not worth it, it's not a dress-up game.Let's say they gave us new race... you'd finish maps and story, which would be exactly the same and which you probably did billion times before and then you'd come here to say how there's nothing else to do. Then you'd go back in and play dress-up and realize that 99.99% of armor pieces are clipping and look ugly and you'd come back here again to ask for content and they'd tell you "Ummm, I thought you wanted us to make a new race, so go have fun replaying the same thing just with different looking character".I don't think new race would make old content more fun.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Instead of asking for new races, ask for tonics representing those races, more helpful and easier to make.-Tengu Tonic-Largos Tonic-Harpy Tonic~Already have kodan.~Already have hyleks~Already have quaggans

Ps: plz, awakened asura tonic, golem mark I and II tonics. CENTAUR tonic.

And make combat tonics useable on mounts.

I think they would have to improve tonics quite a bit to make this an equivalent alternative.

Making outfits compatible with the specific racial tonic forms (and making tonics usable with mounts) would be an amazing start.

Archived