Is there any sort of counter to condi mirage?

Arheundel.6451

I'd say anything with back to back condi cleanse... is mediguard still a thing? You could even try antitoxin runes since I think they got buffed to cleanse an additional condition. Superior sigil of Cleansing also got buffed; it now cleanses 3 conditions upon weapon swap. Pair this along with energy sigil that gives endurance back and you could at least dodge more condi burst.

Hope that helps.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I am honestly getting tired of seeing most condi mesmers flee from my hybrid power mesmer, even trying to stand and fight would be ok :(

This sucks. I was killed by one today while roaming so i re spawned and changed my build to counter it, went to 1v1 him again and as soon he was about to die he ran away. :/ I am no pro so for me only way to beat them is to outnumber them. Later i switched back to my usual tools build (holo) and what do you know the same condi mesmer got me again, lol .

If wanting to spite condi in wvw you can build Inspiration chrono or mirage, with Antitoxin Runes, Cleansing Sigils and just /laugh while facetanking any condi application.

Two cleanses on heal, two per shatter, two per sympathetic visage phantasm spawn, 6 on traited signet of midnight. That's just from inspiration, then you'd have 4 per weapon swap, two from prestige if using torch, can use Signet of Illusions to double up from RI cleanse.And if mirage you've got one per Jaunt, and even can run Elusive Mind (of course not a good idea in many situations due exhaustion kittening you) for two cleanses per dodge...Nevermind distortion from signets or F4 giving pseudo-resistance.

In total that makes for a kittening stupid excessive amount of cleanse. Damage is high enough from other gear that can take a small hit to stats from antitoxin runes if wanting to say run full power. Or you can run full troll build with Chaos/Inspiration.

@Arheundel.6451 said:Is it technically possible to kill a condi mirage or should I just run away? I am looking for anything on any class, even stalling would be ok...is there anything at all?

In sPvP, core guardian with GS/sword, dps FB. Holo. Some warrior builds can also endlessly stall against condi mirage. Some ranger builds can also do very well against mirgae.

@otto.5684 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Is it technically possible to kill a condi mirage or should I just run away? I am looking for anything on any class, even stalling would be ok...is there anything at all?

In sPvP, core guardian with GS/sword, dps FB. Holo. Some warrior builds can also endlessly stall against condi mirage. Some ranger builds can also do very well against mirgae.

I would like core guardian but I can't leave house without treated soaring devastation...it's just too good to pass up, also power FB it's too clanky for me to use, it requires perfect tome summoning for perfect rotation, I'd rather use fb as support and don't push my luck; as ranger it seems a losing battle even using axe/axe sword/war, despite having 2k+ hrs on ranger I can stall at most a good condi mirage and I need to watch out every single step.

With a guardian I can keep up the pressure but again, I get overwhelmed by condis in the end.....

Overconfident mesmers tend to shatter without abandon making them easy prays but a more attentive mesmer will immediately switch to staff/chaos field/kiting tactic with distance shatter and there is no way to reach them without falling for the circle set up shatter thx to the 8s CD staff teleport away from target

Boonbeast is a hard counter to all variants of Mirage at the moment. I think under equal skill Boonbeast should never lose to Condi Mirage. No joke, I've the amount of stall I've seen on Boonbeasts that don't even move they just stand still on the node and facetank all my attacks is kind of obscene. Like even Spellbreakers when stalling out need to properly use defensive rotations. And that's before you get into boonbeasts who know how to actually dodge and position and disengage. It's on par with the old post phantasm rework Disenchanter Chronos for how OP they are.

As far as soft counters where the Mirage has an actual win condition despite being unfavored it's Core Guardian. It's got so much condition cleanse that as long as it's not asleep at the wheel they can survive for a while and are extremely threatening. GS is better than hammer against Mirage. There is a point where Core Guardian runs out of cooldowns and then completely runs out of gas so if the Mirage can survive till that point it can win the fight.

Good SD thieves feel untouchable. Between 2x steals potentially resulting in 4x Consume Plasma and 3x Dagger Storms on top of well placed Infiltrator's Strikes and Returns allowing for easy clone kiting a Good SD thief can just ruin a Condi Mirage's day all match long. However I think SD and DP thief are some of the highest skill cap builds in the game and getting to this level takes a lot of knowledge and practice.

Spellbreakers can stall out against condition Mirage. It's not as good of a match up as the old Dagger Defense Variant IMO though prior to all the nerfs. It's certainly a lot more vulnerable and can fairly easily die, especially if they enter Rampage while the Mirage still has burst available. Rampage can be instant death against a Mirage and 9/10 I'm actually happy to see them pop it. But they can threaten, they have great sustain. And at this point Strength Sword Spellbreaker has faaaar more disengage than Mirage if the fight actually goes poorly so the Mirage is unlikely to actually be able to chase and secure the kill.

Weaver can stall out but are completely nonthreatening.

Holos post Auto S nerfs are okay. They have decent sustain. I think the Mirage is absolutely favored, but superior Holos can win.

Revenant and all flavor of Necromancer are hard, hard countered by Mirage. I have seen some Meme Malyx Rev stuff that's surprisingly capable in a 1v1 but nothing realistic is also particularly good in the larger meta compared to the typical Shiro Glint Herald.

to counter condi mirage things you could do: use terrain to your advantage ( such as being on high ground ), use power damage ( mesmer in general is squishy ), use condi cleanses, have skills or utilites that block, time your dodges, kill the clones, kite, use interrupts or dazes, dodge the burst ( its kinda obvius ), use that special trick whatever your build is playing has, deal condi damage ( any mesmer without using inspiration traitline or cleanse mantra would get punished by it ), check the boon bar if mesmer is in mirage cloak or not, if none works ( woaaw ) just disengage.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I would like core guardian but I can't leave house without treated soaring devastation...it's just too good to pass up, also power FB it's too clanky for me to use, it requires perfect tome summoning for perfect rotation, I'd rather use fb as support and don't push my luck; as ranger it seems a losing battle even using axe/axe sword/war, despite having 2k+ hrs on ranger I can stall at most a good condi mirage and I need to watch out every single step.

With a guardian I can keep up the pressure but again, I get overwhelmed by condis in the end.....

Overconfident mesmers tend to shatter without abandon making them easy prays but a more attentive mesmer will immediately switch to staff/chaos field/kiting tactic with distance shatter and there is no way to reach them without falling for the circle set up shatter thx to the 8s CD staff teleport away from target

There are a couple of things to note in the encounter between core guardian and condi mirage. You want to space out your condi removal. You want to anticipate the big bursts. Sometimes, you want to LOS or create distance. One of the key things playing core guardian solo and as side noder (not favorable role, but can be done) is to open up distance when LoW is on CD and engage when it is available.

Honestly, as core guardian, unless you fight condi mirage constantly on the point, you should not die.

@otto.5684 said:

There are a couple of things to note in the encounter between core guardian and condi mirage. You want to space out your condi removal. You want to anticipate the big bursts. Sometimes, you want to LOS or create distance. One of the key things playing core guardian solo and as side noder (not favorable role, but can be done) is to open up distance when LoW is on CD and engage when it is available.

Honestly, as core guardian, unless you fight condi mirage constantly on the point, you should not die.

Between axe of simmetry and blink, I'd say it's rather hard to keep good distance from the mirage and once he reaches me, he will swap back to staff teleport away while all clones circle and rush at me for full shatter combo.

I get it that you want to space the condi clears but the mirage will just keep the distance while the clones keep adding condis on you and to add salt to the injury he will uses chaos field to force dodges unless I want to eat a shatter once affected by cripple, keeping the distance seems more counterproductive than going full aggressive

Condition thief d/d daredevil with EA for cleanse. spam the deathblossom as they spam clones. trait GI and Painrepsonse out of Acro along with don't stop. Antitoxin runes. Everything you do is a multiple cleanse. Confusion peeled off before it can ever stack or do damage. SOM traited for multiple heals on spam off those same clones. As you cleanse you pump out damge via bleeds. One dimensional as heck but it drives condi mirage mad and they soon run off.

@babazhook.6805 said:Condition thief d/d daredevil with EA for cleanse. spam the deathblossom as they spam clones. trait GI and Painrepsonse out of Acro along with don't stop. Antitoxin runes. Everything you do is a multiple cleanse. Confusion peeled off before it can ever stack or do damage. SOM traited for multiple heals on spam off those same clones. As you cleanse you pump out damge via bleeds. One dimensional as heck but it drives condi mirage mad and they soon run off.

Ha ty, will get one thief geared for the occasion then, I do have a set of legendary medium and tons of ascended gear so no hard to do so; being able to frustrate the condi mirage so much to force him to flee..would be a victory already in itself

Short answer, not really.Long answer, you'd have to try some odd specs but then you become vulnerable to just about everyone.I used to be able to deal with them with ease as Deadeye by spamming #2 Rifle and then getting a well timed DJ in the mix. But DJ is blockable now, so if they have Aegis, it's not gonna do shit and if they're smart, they'll make you waste all your condi cleanse/escapes/drain your initiative over time and then just burst you.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:Condition thief d/d daredevil with EA for cleanse. spam the deathblossom as they spam clones. trait GI and Painrepsonse out of Acro along with don't stop. Antitoxin runes. Everything you do is a multiple cleanse. Confusion peeled off before it can ever stack or do damage. SOM traited for multiple heals on spam off those same clones. As you cleanse you pump out damge via bleeds. One dimensional as heck but it drives condi mirage mad and they soon run off.

Ha ty, will get one thief geared for the occasion then, I do have a set of legendary medium and tons of ascended gear so no hard to do so; being able to frustrate the condi mirage so much to force him to flee..would be a victory already in itself

You will get QQ. My own version in fact used Shaman/apothecary mix as you are not as concerned about the raw damage out as the sustain. This ensures you always keep health above 75 percent as long as you keep the Deathblossom engine running so that Guarded intitiation is cleansing and you heal on every attack (Thank you clones). You can also drop don't stop for assassins reward if you wish. Use Daggerstrom as the elite as it too will heal and allow some seconds to recover INI if needed. The elite from the DD line (impaling lotus) will also act as a heal on dodge when you mix it in.

A number of builds can counter this hard but yes I use it with the condi mirage in mind.

So far I only had real success running sa deadeye and acro daredevil, prioritizing confusion and torment cleanse before I go in for my burst. Along with stealth to help buy some time to re-target and to read their next move while utilizing heavy aoe and fast cleaving as my preferred method for offense. Even still the results will vary, most of the time I'm able to land my hits if I time it right but a good one is near impossible to lock down and will evade, reflect, and/or teleport out of your burst if they are even remotely pressured.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Holos post Auto S nerfs are okay. They have decent sustain. I think the Mirage is absolutely favored, but superior Holos can win.

You should try conversion Holo. It is absolutely favored vs condi. And has really high prot upkeep for anything power.Edit: sorry I haven't read through the entire thread. Are we talking WvW or Spvp?

Archived