What are some of the Best 5 man Comps for Smallscale WvW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What are some of the Best 5 man Comps for Smallscale WvW?

EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

What are some of the best 5 man comps for Camps/Towers/Havoc?

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

Comments

  • Bear.9568Bear.9568 Member ✭✭✭

    5 man loot bags? Jump on the bandwagon bruh.

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bear.9568 said:
    5 man loot bags? Jump on the bandwagon bruh.

    Honestly don't know what you mean.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • Bear.9568Bear.9568 Member ✭✭✭

    @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

    @Bear.9568 said:
    5 man loot bags? Jump on the bandwagon bruh.

    Honestly don't know what you mean.

    5 man comp = 5 ez loot bags

  • Rysdude.3824Rysdude.3824 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2019

    FB, Scourge, Scourge, Holo, Power Herald?

    Edit: Meant Herald, not Soulbeast

  • Healer Firebrand, Healer/peeler Druid, Condition Scourge, Power Holosmith, Power Spellbreaker.

    Strong focus on Boon stripping/corrupting + CC lock downs and bursts. Druid peels when anyone is downed/low health and FB + Druid burst heal while stealthed. Scourge primarily focuses on keeping people busy with conditions while Holo creates area denial and lockdowns with the Spellbreaker. SB and Holo should be on the glassy side with the Scourge being full condition tank. Holo should be using Purity of Purpose + Hard Light Arena. Druid should be using Smokescale and everyone should be aware of blasting the Smoke Field and how quickly they can Stealth if they need it.

    Unfortunately, it's very difficult to roam with a small comp if you're fighting half decent randoms. This comp would be relatively weak to high ranged pressure and wouldn't have much damage if it wasn't co-ordinated on it's targets. It would be strongest in chokes or closed areas like Pangloss Mine, Rogue's Quarry, the ruins at the back of Blue keep EBG, etc.

    Some comps are obviously going to be bad but, assuming everyone knows their classes and each other as well as being in comms, I'm sure you could be dangerous with just about anything. That doesn't mean you'll be successful even 50% of the time though assuming success is measured by completely wiping what ever you're fighting and moving on - not slowly back pedaling until what ever you're fighting gives up.

    [JEEP] [IH] [HUNT] | Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    You've got those dangerous eyes ... ♫

  • Mechanix.9315Mechanix.9315 Member ✭✭✭

    minstrel fb - zerk reaper - zerk herald - zerk holo - zerk chrono

    can use too a zerk spellbreaker and a cele scourge

    i think there is many diff comps viable but for sure fb is always a must

  • Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    3 highly skilled chronos all running moa, a holosmith with toolkit and elixir s for stealth/invuln (could potentially use dragonhunter instead of holo for pulls) (could also also use scrapper with toolkit, elixir s and elixir x for moa) and for the 5th class you could use anything. A perma stealth 1 shot deadeye could work - people underestimate the potential abuse of this. A couple firebramds and scourges arent going to touch a deadeye but the deadeye can easily almost 1 shot even the firebramds.

    So: 3 chronomancers with moa (power), any one of holo/scrapper/dragonhunter for pulls, mainly, and ability to not die easily, aand any other class preferably deadeye perma stealth cheese.

    Like I said, some firebrands and scourges are going to get annihilated by a comp like this. Don't believe the meta.

  • @Ruufio.1496 said:
    3 highly skilled chronos all running moa, a holosmith with toolkit and elixir s for stealth/invuln (could potentially use dragonhunter instead of holo for pulls) (could also also use scrapper with toolkit, elixir s and elixir x for moa) and for the 5th class you could use anything. A perma stealth 1 shot deadeye could work - people underestimate the potential abuse of this. A couple firebramds and scourges arent going to touch a deadeye but the deadeye can easily almost 1 shot even the firebramds.

    So: 3 chronomancers with moa (power), any one of holo/scrapper/dragonhunter for pulls, mainly, and ability to not die easily, aand any other class preferably deadeye perma stealth cheese.

    Like I said, some firebrands and scourges are going to get annihilated by a comp like this. Don't believe the meta.

    That comp could counter a more proper one, but it's a gimmick comp. They could insta-gib a couple players assuming all the Moa's and bursts land, but they're going to have very low sustain. Despite being very slippery, they'll get shredded by a couple decent Thieves and power Rev's. It would heavily depend on co-ordinating the Moa's and spikes and after that, all they could really do is hard kite or straight up disengage.

    I'm not claiming your comp to be bad, especially since pretty much anything can work to some degree, it's just that it's only going to be strong in very short lived fights against roughly even numbers. You're absolutely right about having the potential to straight up delete a meta comp though. Shutting down the heals and spiking the peelers would be ez gaem.

    [JEEP] [IH] [HUNT] | Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    You've got those dangerous eyes ... ♫

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    im going to get hate from engi players but scrapper is a good pick cuz function gyro is op.
    there I said it now let the tears flow (omg holo stronk pls nerf to make scrap viable).

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    5 condi/power mirages who are created to look exactly the same.
    Quintuplets.

    I've seen 4 identically looking condi/power mirages roaming party before and it was a clone horror fest for the opponents.
    Every mirage looked the same.
    And if one was being focused or low on health, he would run off and reset before rejoining the fight.
    They were un-killable equal numbered/skill.

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Healer Firebrand, Healer/peeler Druid, Condition Scourge, Power Holosmith, Power Spellbreaker.

    Strong focus on Boon stripping/corrupting + CC lock downs and bursts. Druid peels when anyone is downed/low health and FB + Druid burst heal while stealthed. Scourge primarily focuses on keeping people busy with conditions while Holo creates area denial and lockdowns with the Spellbreaker. SB and Holo should be on the glassy side with the Scourge being full condition tank. Holo should be using Purity of Purpose + Hard Light Arena. Druid should be using Smokescale and everyone should be aware of blasting the Smoke Field and how quickly they can Stealth if they need it.

    Unfortunately, it's very difficult to roam with a small comp if you're fighting half decent randoms. This comp would be relatively weak to high ranged pressure and wouldn't have much damage if it wasn't co-ordinated on it's targets. It would be strongest in chokes or closed areas like Pangloss Mine, Rogue's Quarry, the ruins at the back of Blue keep EBG, etc.

    Some comps are obviously going to be bad but, assuming everyone knows their classes and each other as well as being in comms, I'm sure you could be dangerous with just about anything. That doesn't mean you'll be successful even 50% of the time though assuming success is measured by completely wiping what ever you're fighting and moving on - not slowly back pedaling until what ever you're fighting gives up.

    Thank you for an actual realistic suggestion.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Healer Firebrand, Healer/peeler Druid, Condition Scourge, Power Holosmith, Power Spellbreaker.

    Strong focus on Boon stripping/corrupting + CC lock downs and bursts. Druid peels when anyone is downed/low health and FB + Druid burst heal while stealthed. Scourge primarily focuses on keeping people busy with conditions while Holo creates area denial and lockdowns with the Spellbreaker. SB and Holo should be on the glassy side with the Scourge being full condition tank. Holo should be using Purity of Purpose + Hard Light Arena. Druid should be using Smokescale and everyone should be aware of blasting the Smoke Field and how quickly they can Stealth if they need it.

    Unfortunately, it's very difficult to roam with a small comp if you're fighting half decent randoms. This comp would be relatively weak to high ranged pressure and wouldn't have much damage if it wasn't co-ordinated on it's targets. It would be strongest in chokes or closed areas like Pangloss Mine, Rogue's Quarry, the ruins at the back of Blue keep EBG, etc.

    Some comps are obviously going to be bad but, assuming everyone knows their classes and each other as well as being in comms, I'm sure you could be dangerous with just about anything. That doesn't mean you'll be successful even 50% of the time though assuming success is measured by completely wiping what ever you're fighting and moving on - not slowly back pedaling until what ever you're fighting gives up.

    Thank you for an actual realistic suggestion.

    I'm pretty sure my suggested 5 identical looking condi/power mirage comp would be a lot more mobile, versatile and deadly ;)

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @EremiteAngel.9765 said:

    @EnderzShadow.2506 said:

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:
    Healer Firebrand, Healer/peeler Druid, Condition Scourge, Power Holosmith, Power Spellbreaker.

    Strong focus on Boon stripping/corrupting + CC lock downs and bursts. Druid peels when anyone is downed/low health and FB + Druid burst heal while stealthed. Scourge primarily focuses on keeping people busy with conditions while Holo creates area denial and lockdowns with the Spellbreaker. SB and Holo should be on the glassy side with the Scourge being full condition tank. Holo should be using Purity of Purpose + Hard Light Arena. Druid should be using Smokescale and everyone should be aware of blasting the Smoke Field and how quickly they can Stealth if they need it.

    Unfortunately, it's very difficult to roam with a small comp if you're fighting half decent randoms. This comp would be relatively weak to high ranged pressure and wouldn't have much damage if it wasn't co-ordinated on it's targets. It would be strongest in chokes or closed areas like Pangloss Mine, Rogue's Quarry, the ruins at the back of Blue keep EBG, etc.

    Some comps are obviously going to be bad but, assuming everyone knows their classes and each other as well as being in comms, I'm sure you could be dangerous with just about anything. That doesn't mean you'll be successful even 50% of the time though assuming success is measured by completely wiping what ever you're fighting and moving on - not slowly back pedaling until what ever you're fighting gives up.

    Thank you for an actual realistic suggestion.

    I'm pretty sure my suggested 5 identical looking condi/power mirage comp would be a lot more mobile, versatile and deadly ;)

    lol... yeah but then its the whole
    who is willing to play mes and who is willing to actually get good at playing?

    But whats funny is, that is something my good friend and guildy thought of.
    Thought of doing 5 deadeyes as well.

    But I like what spell mentioned, because I get to play the Druid, a class I am intimately familiar with and we have people that can play most of the other classes well.

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

  • Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

    One of my dreams is to run a 5-man rev party (it's my favorite class). Although I'm sure it would be far from meta, I feel like rev is one of the few classes that could run a relatively balanced comp without any other classes. They have group access to every boon but quickness, moderate cleansing, high healing, decent boonstrip, boonless damage reduction, solid CC, and good long-range spike damage and mid-range AoE condi damage. There could be some interesting potential there. I'd like to hope they will be getting some special rez interaction in the future with Ventari too since they are currently the only class with no rez trait or skill.

    If anyone on KN/DR wants to theorycraft comps and maybe try it out if we got enough people, hit me up in game. This would just be for fun of course.

    Interested in some off-meta Revenant roaming? Click below.

    Shiro/Mallyx | Shiro/Jalis | Shiro/Ventari | Mallyx/Ventari | Mallyx/Jalis | Hybrid Herald

    [IH] Invoking Harmony

  • RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

    5 identical mirages would be a nightmare

  • Two routes I think for 'best':

    • mimic the zerg meta, heavy sustain, spike power damage with corrupts, rotate invuns/heals, engi very viable here.
    • super high mobility group (mes/thief/soul beast mainly with maybe a warr/engi/a few other things).

    Whatever your group are skilled at play that primarily but maybe work towards one of those.

    Alliances were announced on the 2nd of February 2018

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @duillyn.2697 said:
    Two routes I think for 'best':

    • mimic the zerg meta, heavy sustain, spike power damage with corrupts, rotate invuns/heals, engi very viable here.
    • super high mobility group (mes/thief/soul beast mainly with maybe a warr/engi/a few other things).

    Whatever your group are skilled at play that primarily but maybe work towards one of those.

    Its pretty much the only two types I see, yes.

    The former is almost always ran by the "fight guilds" and it demolishes groups of mediocre players and random meta pugs by pure sustain and the melee simply running after a single target tanking it while the dps kill the target. They can be very, very hard to break and if they meet lower numbers of roamers - which will usually be the case - they walk all over them. Just 1 or 2 good dps "hidden" in the tanky group is often enough.

    If they are good roamers, the latter group perfectly counters the former group because each of them can individually fight 1v2/1v3 and break apart the minizerg meta group by focusing and refocusing the proper targets. If they down the "correct" 1-2 players of the minizerg it either totally loose its bite or cant bunker anymore which result in a wipe, but if a couple in this group down it really doesnt matter much aside number.

    So pick your poison. Both are best at what they do best.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ran across a roaming group the other day: 2x mirage 2x holosmith. Absolutely brutal to fight, even with a group of 7 people. Hard to pin down, can attack from stealth, massive CC and damage spikes. No question these 4 were really skilled players, so maybe that was the difference

  • Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

    5 Soulbeasts with pew pew lb. What more do you need when you're doing 5v1s?

    [VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ni In.6578 said:
    5 Soulbeasts with pew pew lb. What more do you need when you're doing 5v1s?

    Well nothing, until they meet that 1 mesmer that they kill themselves on. Sustain melee druids would probably be the far, far more annoying pack of hunters. Just the stealth spam alone means you can barely target anyone.

  • Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Ni In.6578 said:
    5 Soulbeasts with pew pew lb. What more do you need when you're doing 5v1s?

    Well nothing, until they meet that 1 mesmer that they kill themselves on. Sustain melee druids would probably be the far, far more annoying pack of hunters. Just the stealth spam alone means you can barely target anyone.

    We both know that these groups run once they can't nuke a target in the first engagement.

    [VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

  • coro.3176coro.3176 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Pretty much anything with a support fb or scourge is pretty strong. The insta-res is powerful and unless the opponents have very focused cleave on downs, they'll never be able to finish a target so long as the support is alive.

  • Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

    The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.

    The real question that sort of follows this though... then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

    Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

    In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

    Has anyone actually seen this mythical 5 man mirage group?

  • Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.

    The real question that sort of follows this though... then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

    Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

    In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

    Has anyone actually seen this mythical 5 man mirage group?

    just because something could be the best comp doesnt meant it will be played because not everyone wants to or enjoys playing mirage. I dont even have a level 80 mesmer. I prefer playing Guard/Engie/Warrior/Rev.

    Plus the comp we are suggesting would require 5 players to create and level completely identical looking toons, same race,height,hair color, armor skins, weapon skins.

    I mean who is going to go to that level of work?

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    I mean who is going to go to that level of work?

    Those that want to be the best? If its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

  • Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    I mean who is going to go to that level of work?

    Those that want to be the best? If its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

    I dunno man i play games for "fun" which does not always equal the "best" class. its my free time that im spending on a game....I played Deadeye for one day in WVW and my kill/death ratio was off the charts. Was it fun for me? No. so i switched back to my other classes. Could i faceroll on condi mirage? Probably. (i have tomes of knowledge and testimony of heroics to get it to 80 in minutes). Do i want to? Not particularly although i may change my mind in the future.

    And why cant they complain about classes? What if they dont want to be like all the FOTM players out there that bandwagon on every OP class every balance patch?

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Spartacus.3192 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    I mean who is going to go to that level of work?

    Those that want to be the best? If its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

    I dunno man i play games for "fun" which does not always equal the "best" class. its my free time that im spending on a game....I played Deadeye for one day in WVW and my kill/death ratio was off the charts. Was it fun for me? No. so i switched back to my other classes. Could i faceroll on condi mirage? Probably. (i have tomes of knowledge and testimony of heroics to get it to 80 in minutes). Do i want to? Not particularly although i may change my mind in the future.

    And why cant they complain about classes? What if they dont want to be like all the FOTM players out there that bandwagon on every OP class every balance patch?

    The topic was the best 5 mans tho.

  • @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.

    The real question that sort of follows this though... then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

    Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

    In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

    Has anyone actually seen this mythical 5 man mirage group?

    Not Mesmers but, I recall some time shortly after PoF release seeing a squad of 6 Longbow Rangers (Soulbeasts). I was freaking rolling I was laughing so hard at this group. Watching peoples health bars evaporate any time anyone tried to get near them was comedy gold.

    That said, the only reason they were so effective is because most of them were actually quite decent. I'm betting they were in Teamspeak or at least communicating their targets and such.

    I'm not suggesting this would be better than a squad of Mesmers however, just that this is probably the only time I've ever seen a group of more than 3 of the same profession that was clearly partied and roaming.

    [JEEP] [IH] [HUNT] | Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    You've got those dangerous eyes ... ♫

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

    @SpellOfIniquity.1780 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.

    The real question that sort of follows this though... then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

    Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

    In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

    Has anyone actually seen this mythical 5 man mirage group?

    Not Mesmers but, I recall some time shortly after PoF release seeing a squad of 6 Longbow Rangers (Soulbeasts). I was freaking rolling I was laughing so hard at this group. Watching peoples health bars evaporate any time anyone tried to get near them was comedy gold.

    That said, the only reason they were so effective is because most of them were actually quite decent. I'm betting they were in Teamspeak or at least communicating their targets and such.

    I'm not suggesting this would be better than a squad of Mesmers however, just that this is probably the only time I've ever seen a group of more than 3 of the same profession that was clearly partied and roaming.

    The most I've seen is 4 identical mesmers. If I remember correctly, they were on CD server.
    4 Asuras who had the same looks and even had very similar names and they had the same WvW rank.
    They steamrolled everyone they met and ran easily from much larger groups.

    The problem with 4 identical mesmers is that due to their ability to drop target via Invis, you can't focus them effectively at all.
    Not even "Call Target" will work.
    According to the wiki: "If an enemy that is targeted uses an invisibility skill, such as Shadow Refuge the target will be removed and have to be replaced."

    Almost impossible to focus a particular one.
    Mesmer A is targetted > Group focuses on Mesmer A > Mesmer A goes invis > Target mark is dropped > Group can't find the same mesmer back to target because there are 3 other freaking mesmers around and a large number of clones that look the same lol

  • UfoCoffee.2084UfoCoffee.2084 Member ✭✭✭

    5 X mirage.

  • EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    The 5 identical mirages is the best suggestion. Unkillable due to easy reset and the clone spam horror would be crazy.

    The real question that sort of follows this though... then why do we only see meta fb/scourge/warrior/weaver/holo/etc combos at this size? I mean even just 5 mirages as is with no similarity should be enough, right? I dont question that!

    Yet in all my time roaming/smallscaling the biggest concentration I've seen in one place has been 3 enemy condi mirages - and they got completely walked over by a hybrid and power mirage combo (5 mesmers fighting in one place was fun).

    In terms of identical mesmers for the lols, I've seen 2-mans though I cant even remember last as it was long ago.

    Has anyone actually seen this mythical 5 man mirage group?

    I found a few videos. Apparently PvP and PvE are well ahead of WvW when it comes to Mass mesmer clones :open_mouth:
    They are probably exploiting some bug or OP skill but in theory, this is what you would see when fighting a 5 man identical mirage group.

    This is what fighting a 5 mesmer party would look like:

    These are the PvE identical mesmer guilds:

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9, 2019

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes.

    Yes

    On the topic, this person here have the best vision:

    @duillyn.2697 said:
    Two routes I think for 'best':

    • mimic the zerg meta, heavy sustain, spike power damage with corrupts, rotate invuns/heals, engi very viable here.
    • super high mobility group (mes/thief/soul beast mainly with maybe a warr/engi/a few other things).

    Whatever your group are skilled at play that primarily but maybe work towards one of those.

    All the people suggesting the mythic 5 Mirage comp wouldn't even try it themselves... It's just a meme and problably would lose to a sustain ball.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Squire (Rank 5001) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sally Furious Ant, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Spartacus.3192 said:
    I mean who is going to go to that level of work?

    Those that want to be the best? If its the best then that's it. Leveling a character is nothing today. I bet most WvWers could level 10 characters to 80 and still not run out of tomes. But I suppose it's an interesting aspect of balancing. People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best.

    I dunno man i play games for "fun" which does not always equal the "best" class. its my free time that im spending on a game....I played Deadeye for one day in WVW and my kill/death ratio was off the charts. Was it fun for me? No. so i switched back to my other classes. Could i faceroll on condi mirage? Probably. (i have tomes of knowledge and testimony of heroics to get it to 80 in minutes). Do i want to? Not particularly although i may change my mind in the future.

    And why cant they complain about classes? What if they dont want to be like all the FOTM players out there that bandwagon on every OP class every balance patch?

    The topic was the best 5 mans tho.

    Cmon Dawdler, you don't get off that easy. Don't let me stop you from going a bit off topic, just don't hide behind the thread after saying
    "People dont want to play the best classes, then they complain that those classes are the best."

    All MMO players but the select 'leet' players want to stick to a class
    and want class balance. Obviously perfect class balance can't be achieved in any mmo.

    But, on the other hand, if everyone did what you are complaining about then everyone in WvW would only play a handful of classes.
    How boring would that be?

    mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.