Targeted by other players

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Maybe I am missing something... You are in an area of PvP where you can be attacked, and you are upset that someone is attacking you?

upset about targeting. If you know what it means.

I'm not sure what the desired outcome is here. You want them to not focus on you and focus on the your teammates instead? I dont see anything wrong with players picking off a target that has repeatedly proven they're helpless to keep the match in their favor.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:How can you report player for targeting you? Especially in PVP arena. It is impossible to play or train there if someone with holo retaliation guard condi mirage or hide and seek deadeye targets you and wont let you even enter the arena w/o instantly killing you?

Is this bait, or are you actually serious? You want to know how to report players for PvPing with you in a PvP arena????

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Maybe I am missing something... You are in an area of PvP where you can be attacked, and you are upset that someone is attacking you?

upset about targeting. If you know what it means.

There are two meanings. One can be considered a form of bullying. Here is the thing though: pick a different build. The goal of one or two of the builds is to shut down positions of the other team. You likely are playing one of those roles. The goal IS to kill you. If that isn’t what you want, get a private arena and work with someone else to complete your dailies.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:There are two meanings. One can be considered a form of bullying. Here is the thing though: pick a different build. The goal of one or two of the builds is to shut down positions of the other team. You likely are playing one of those roles. The goal IS to kill you. If that isn’t what you want, get a private arena and work with someone else to complete your dailies.

i am talking pvp arena at the lobby. Where ppl can come and fight. And why would i pay for my own personal arena when there is free arena where duels and fighting each other should be posible w/o ppl like this ruining it for everyone?

Also EDIThow do you practice your class if you simply have to pick another one or a new build to adjust to every bully you meet?

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:There are two meanings. One can be considered a form of bullying. Here is the thing though: pick a different build. The goal of one or two of the builds is to shut down positions of the other team. You likely are playing one of those roles. The goal IS to kill you. If that isn’t what you want, get a private arena and work with someone else to complete your dailies.

i am talking pvp arena at the lobby. Where ppl can come and fight. And why would i pay for my own personal arena when there is free arena where duels and fighting each other should be posible w/o ppl like this ruining it for everyone?

Also EDIThow do you practice your class if you simply have to pick another one or a new build to adjust to every bully you meet?

If the way you explained it in your previous post is what is happening, I would suggest reporting. Run a video of it if you need to, screenshots etc. Responding to them Directly will not help.

I suggested a private arena or finding one of the several dueling arenas. There will be toxic people there, but often people are trying to improve their play style.

Join a guild that has a guild hall and an arena and practice in there (although those tend to be PvE stats so it’s harder)

And before you threw up the ‘crayons’ c r a p, I noted it can be a form of bullying. I don’t need someone being condescending as I am trying to be helpful.

I asked more specifically as ‘targeting’ in WvW is a whole different mechanic.

Okay I am sorry if i overreacted but i just came from that game set and i was still angry. 3 out of 5 ppl here commenting already disproved me so i took it as you troll. Sorry.Anyway if this kind of bullying needs to be solved not put aside. I am not the only one who hates this. If someone does something bad he needs to be punished and i understand you need to prove a dude is bullying you. Making videos and screenshoting is not a good way to do it. I can imagine majority of ppl dont even know how to do it. I am talking globally not only for myself. It is a problem that needs to be solved that is why i created the thread. Maybe we could get a Targetting option when you want to submit report And if you do report someone for Targeting. His/hers gameplay for let say next 3 minutes will be recorded.We are playing on servers it cant be hard to tape it for server owner on a contrary to a player.

@Jack Redline.5379 said:

That is a free-for-all arena. There are no rules. No etiquette. Every player that sets foot in that arena is consenting to being attacked by any other player present. Enter at your own risk.

You're asking that everyone else play by your rules. Why should they? You don't own that arena and have no right to make demands of anyone playing in it. You have options if you'd like to duel privately. Use them, or not. That's up to you. But nobody is wronging you by killing you in a free-for-all arena. You were fair game the moment you entered.

Edit: I also wanted to add that by attempting to use the free-for-all arena this way you actually get in the way of other players who are using it as intended. When I go to the free-for-all arena I'm looking for a no-rules fight, with people attacking me from every side. Duels are great (and I engage in them on custom servers with other players who are there to practice duel), but that isn't how it goes in a PvP match, is it? You have to be able to deal with the +1 and outnumbered fights.

Maybe you want to practice your private dueling. Me? I want an all out brawl. And I can't exactly do that if the whole arena is full of overly sensitive pairs demanding that I stand aside for their duels. When it gets too annoying? I just kill all of you. Don't like it? Why don't you and your friends try and stop me? Then you'll be using that arena the way it was meant to be used. Sounds like fun to me!

If they target you, kill you and win matches thanks to that then it's just a good strategy for them because it obviously works. Apparatnely you're the biggest "danger" for them (e.g. you play cancer class like necro) and when they tag you out they're free to win. It's your teammates fault they don't defend you. You can't report someone for good and working strategy.

If they're losing because they're focusing on you what's the problem? You can sacrifice yourself for the team good case and get a win and also try dueling 1 vs x :P

@Haleydawn.3764 said:The HoTM open arena is a free-for-all brawl. Their comments towards you uncalled for, but that’s it.

There’s instanced arenas you can practice in, or buy a custom arena for 0 interference.

Agreed, he was asking a question yet shot down by unnecessary comments.

Instead of trying to make the OP feel rubbish about the question, just explain it or ignore if you got nothing useful to say.

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:The HoTM open arena is a free-for-all brawl. Their comments towards you uncalled for, but that’s it.

There’s instanced arenas you can practice in, or buy a custom arena for 0 interference.

Agreed, he was asking a question yet shot down by unnecessary comments.

Instead of trying to make the OP feel rubbish about the question, just explain it or ignore if you got nothing useful to say.

"How can I report players for playing the game the way it was meant to be played?" is not a legitimate question. It's either straight trolling or just venting on the forums, either of which doesn't deserve a legitimate answer. Having said that, it was explained to him including suggestions on how to avoid the issues he's having and he rejected those suggestions and continued to troll/vent. Let's be honest, there's no victim here.

@Jimbru.6014 said:Welcome to why PVP is the troll-enabling, toxic environment, ruin of every game it infests.

Pretty sure the problem is lack of parenting, not PvP. I'm old enough to remember playing PvP games where the other team treated you with respect and good sportsmanship. People are toxic in PvP because they choose to be, and they do so because nobody taught them that choosing to be toxic is wrong.

I'm amazed this is getting so much attention. How about this one. It's impossible to follow someone in the PvP area you are fighting. You don't get to pick your teammates, nor your opponents. If you feel targeted, that's all in your head. If multiple people across the game have consistently shut you down as soon as you appeared, that's more an indication of your own skill than their ill intent. I will always jump a character that has already proven to be incapable of putting up a fight, that's what the game is about. So, sorry it's frustrating, but it gets better as you get a handle on what you're doing.