Make EBG great again (apply gift of battle reward track to EoTm)

Arctisavange.7261

EB is a excellent fighting map with massive infestation filled with many PVE players who join the map only for gift of battle. A lot of them have builds that do not work in WvW and also most of them make fairly poor class choices including never joining voice comms (in discord). Meaning they dont contribute close to nothing to the people who want to get stuff done - from downgrading T3 to fighting blobs. They simply make WvW more harmful towards players who have real interest in the game mode.Due to this theres always overly massive queues to EBG where in most cases WvW players who have correct builds and join voice comms will be forced to wait way too long to get on the map.

Feel free to keep gift of battle reward track in WvW but for the love of god, make an exception and add it also into EoTm for the PVE players who join EBG only for flipping objectives to get progress in their reward track.

I am curious what server you are on, as EBG has always been nothing but PVE player and assuming queues issue, maybe T1/T2 NA (sorry dont know the numbers below or EU). Also the people in queue can generally go to a BL if the players have a real interest in the mode as a fight can be obtain in any map (just hit a T3 keep and you will get a fight coming to you). I doubt they will add something like this, it would be all treks or the current zip. Maybe encourage people in EBG to go to another map or just map hop and get a fight elsewhere.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:A lot of self proclaimed wvw players also come in with useless builds and don't get on comms too..... Why single out GoB'ers that will be gone by the end of the night?

Heck, half the reason why mediocre guilds blob EB is that they know there will be tons of easy targets.

But if you add reward tracks to EotM you fix both problems and everyone happy, no?

@Arctisavange.7261 said:EB is a excellent fighting map with massive infestation filled with many PVE players who join the map only for gift of battle. A lot of them have builds that do not work in WvW and also most of them make fairly poor class choices including never joining voice comms (in discord). Meaning they dont contribute close to nothing to the people who want to get stuff done - from downgrading T3 to fighting blobs. They simply make WvW more harmful towards players who have real interest in the game mode.Due to this theres always overly massive queues to EBG where in most cases WvW players who have correct builds and join voice comms will be forced to wait way too long to get on the map.

Feel free to keep gift of battle reward track in WvW but for the love of god, make an exception and add it also into EoTm for the PVE players who join EBG only for flipping objectives to get progress in their reward track.

Gift of battle reward track is available in eotm, as is every reward track. Youre terribly misinformed, there.Secondly, a pver has every right to be in EB much like everyone else (including wvwers), much like a wvwer has every right to play every gamemode. Everyone paid for the game.Thirdly, WSR can farm you on any map. You can pm their comm, jump to another map, and let them farm you there.Lastly, so called wvwers who run clueless builds/have no idea how to follow a comm are a lot more than your average pver who comes to eb to get their GoB. They contribute close to nothing, too.Edit: a pver who comes to wvw for GoB May find the mode to their liking, and possibly stay to learn more. You will have won a new player then, which is much more valuable to a mode that is dying.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:EB is a excellent fighting map with massive infestation filled with many PVE players who join the map only for gift of battle. A lot of them have builds that do not work in WvW and also most of them make fairly poor class choices including never joining voice comms (in discord). Meaning they dont contribute close to nothing to the people who want to get stuff done - from downgrading T3 to fighting blobs. They simply make WvW more harmful towards players who have real interest in the game mode.Due to this theres always overly massive queues to EBG where in most cases WvW players who have correct builds and join voice comms will be forced to wait way too long to get on the map.

Gift of battle reward track is available in eotm, as is every reward track. Youre terribly misinformed, there.

When did this change? I am under the impression it does not?

If it does? Then the Wiki needs to be changed.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Really? Back then, people were commenting that making EOTM more rewarding would make WvW way less populated.Now, you throwing random blame at players because you are losing fights?Elitism and self entitlement are at all time high now.

You have people on the map flipping guard posts and then going afk running against the wall at the random area of the map to get afk reward track progress.You have a truckload of people who you recognize not being in any WvW guild.You have a ton of people following tag with rangers or some weird ass guardians running signets.You get masses and masses of those people ralling up enemies that the ones you and your squad got downed.You got a huge chunk of them who dont know even the very basics of builds, movements or even their class.

Its not elitism, its obvious fact that a HUGE part of people like those go EBG for gift of battle + for some pips. WvW should not be like that.

Now i would be fine if the population who does that would be small but if you have a 50-70 man queue and most of the map is hogged with AFK reward trackers, PVE players who follow you so you would flip a tower or two for their reward tracking and after a fight starts completely scatter away or rally enemies. Shit like that is not normal.

Why should people who care about WvWing suffer cause of PVE players who join EBG map for some gift of battle and pips?

I honestly dont give an ass if i win or loose a fight. What i do care about is if theres an super massive queue on map then its a shameful if only 20% of the map is working with you to get the goals done. Those people who refuse to help you and your squad are mainly PVE players. Those who work with you are in discord and also are in WvW guilds often times.The extra other 20-30% who are willing to work with you are stuck in a damn 60 man queue which moves slower then a granny.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So they show up in EbG. Organized guilds actually looking for fights go to the borderlands.

Sure, some of those guilds would prefer that they could drop their whole guild in EbG sometimes.

Borderlands are often times dead, with prime time being only time when enemies may appear.Certain servers also dont have the orgnization to make a blob appear in borderlands.EBG tends to be the main area where theres allways fights.

A lot of times im simply forced to go EBG due to 3 reasons given above and when that happens then a massive queue will hit. Everyone in discord allways knows that if we go EBG then they will have to carry a massive portion of PVE players in EBG every time a fight starts.

Sadly borderlands is the only place where you can get tons of people joining voice, bringing proper builds and having an actual organization. EBG is the complete opposite due to PVE landers hogging map slots with gift of battle goals.

This seems to me like a bit of a selfish stance, I started working towards my gift of battle in EOTM but it was pretty quiet so when the commander left I decided to try WvW instead. I enjoyed it so much that I'm still playing it after completing my legendary. Like Voltekka.2375 said, it can be good for introducing people to the game mode.

As it has been pointed out, the reward track is currently available in EOTM and is not going to change the situation for you. Good luck!

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Arctisavange.7261" said:EB is a excellent fighting map with massive infestation filled with many PVE players who join the map only for gift of battle. A lot of them have builds that do not work in WvW and also most of them make fairly poor class choices including never joining voice comms (in discord). Meaning they dont contribute close to nothing to the people who want to get stuff done - from downgrading T3 to fighting blobs. They simply make WvW more harmful towards players who have real interest in the game mode.Due to this theres always overly massive queues to EBG where in most cases WvW players who have correct builds and join voice comms will be forced to wait way too long to get on the map.

Gift of battle reward track is available in eotm, as is every reward track. Youre terribly misinformed, there.

They probably mean that participation from OS-be-borderlands doesnt carry over to eotm, and vice versa.By the way, eotm points per tick are less than OS-eb-borderlands points per tick, 25% less if memory serves. Hence it would take longer to get GoB in eotm. Which is also pretty dead.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:I'm pretty sure all reward tracks are avaible on EotM

They doth certainly be available

But it's pips people want. Reward tracks come on their own. If you're able to knock out the 4 WvW dailies each day, in 20 days you would have enough potions to complete a full reward track, start to finish.

I for one haven't played EoTM; the few times I zoned in there were no players around to hold my hand. Perhaps this is an opportunity for ANET to do one of those special weekend/weeklong events. Double WXP / MF in EoTM or somesuch.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

They probably mean that participation from OS-be-borderlands doesnt carry over to eotm, and vice versa.By the way, eotm points per tick are less than OS-eb-borderlands points per tick, 25% less if memory serves. Hence it would take longer to get GoB in eotm. Which is also pretty dead.

And it also caps at T5 instead of T6. Flipping camps and sentries is infinitely more rewarding if someone wants the rewards but not a lot of combat.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Arctisavange.7261 said:EB is a excellent fighting map with massive infestation filled with many PVE players who join the map only for gift of battle. A lot of them have builds that do not work in WvW and also most of them make fairly poor class choices including never joining voice comms (in discord). Meaning they dont contribute close to nothing to the people who want to get stuff done - from downgrading T3 to fighting blobs. They simply make WvW more harmful towards players who have real interest in the game mode.Due to this theres always overly massive queues to EBG where in most cases WvW players who have correct builds and join voice comms will be forced to wait way too long to get on the map.

Gift of battle reward track is available in eotm, as is every reward track. Youre terribly misinformed, there.Secondly, a pver has every right to be in EB much like everyone else (including wvwers), much like a wvwer has every right to play every gamemode. Everyone paid for the game.Thirdly, WSR can farm you on any map. You can pm their comm, jump to another map, and let them farm you there.Lastly, so called wvwers who run clueless builds/have no idea how to follow a comm are a lot more than your average pver who comes to eb to get their GoB. They contribute close to nothing, too.Edit: a pver who comes to wvw for GoB May find the mode to their liking, and possibly stay to learn more. You will have won a new player then, which is much more valuable to a mode that is dying.

So I completely doubted you. And then the reward track wiki agreed with me.

But then, I went and looked at the EoTM wiki and sure enough, you are correct good sir/ma’am. My apologies.

Which brings me back to the whole argument that people ‘hate’ about WvW for the GoB. Well kitten, they can go to EoTM and just stop kittening.

It is possible to get it from reward track doing EoTM however everything in EoTM has been nerfed inc track reward XP to 50% less than what you'd get in wvw. On top of that theres no pips in EoTM which meant 95% stopped going to EoTM to farm. So even if you do do EoTM to get it you'd be waiting a LONG time to flip things like gens because you will prob be the only one flipping them, with no one flipping them back you will have nothing to cap. So all and all you will be finishing track rewards 50%+ faster in wvw.

@clone wars.9568 said:It is possible to get it from reward track doing EoTM however everything in EoTM has been nerfed inc track reward XP to 50% less than what you'd get in wvw. On top of that theres no pips in EoTM which meant 95% stopped going to EoTM to farm. So even if you do do EoTM to get it you'd be waiting a LONG time to flip things like gens because you will prob be the only one flipping them, with no one flipping them back you will have nothing to cap. So all and all you will be finishing track rewards 50%+ faster in wvw.

But the path exists. Get a buddy, which with megaservers shouldn’t be hard. Matter of fact, I can guarantee guilds have people on multiple servers. Coordinate it like they used to, and just run the circle.

But this just further solidified to me that we don’t need another way to get the GoB.

@clone wars.9568 said:It is possible to get it from reward track doing EoTM however everything in EoTM has been nerfed inc track reward XP to 50% less than what you'd get in wvw. On top of that theres no pips in EoTM which meant 95% stopped going to EoTM to farm. So even if you do do EoTM to get it you'd be waiting a LONG time to flip things like gens because you will prob be the only one flipping them, with no one flipping them back you will have nothing to cap. So all and all you will be finishing track rewards 50%+ faster in wvw.

Eotm points per tick are 75% maximum of those from wvw. Not 50%.

Archived