[Suggestion] Invulnerability while using cannons, oils, and mortars.

Hitman.5829

We all know how frustrating is when you are defending vs 50. There is literally no way to use the cannon, oil, or mortar. So, a very simple solution would be to make the user invulnerable and determine to survive while using these siege. The siege should be the only thing that takes damage!

PROBLEM SOLVED!You are welcome ANET!

Why has this not been a thing? The game has been out for like 6+ years! Holy snack!

While I don't think you should be invulnerable, I do think you either shouldn't take full damage or that they be placed where it is harder for the enemy to hit them. As it is, all of those are rather pointless to make.

1. The enemy will run around the structure quickly destroying them in WAY less time than it takes to build them.
  2. They do very minimal damage to the enemy if you happen to have any time to get on them to use them.
  3. People die way too fast once on them attempting to use them.At this point it's better to not even attempt to defend a structure. Just better to wait for it to flip and recap it. Defense of structures has become an absolute joke now. Paper walls and Siege that just tickles attackers. Honestly, at this point, I'm not even sure why we have Keeps and Towers to claim. Would be better off just having a flag in the middle of a field where you have to stand in it for 30 seconds to capture it.

Invulnerable? No.

However I agree they are pointless for any zerg worth it's salt. A Player on a cannon will be killed before the first shot goes off, as cannons are horribly placed for anything other than trolling a single roamer. I would be fine seeing health linked to the cannon just like golems were, that way if you stay on the cannon as it's destroyed, you go down as well, BUT it gives you the ability to actually make use of them. I would also want to see it done in a way that if you bail off at 25% health, when you get off it you also only have 25% health, so if you get off the siege in the middle of a bomb, you are still going to die. Pulling etc should also still work while using one.

It should also be traited like other siege mastery, this would give another use of mastery points as well.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:That would be abused. Think when an enemy is about to cap your garri, and to survive th onslaught, you engage a canon and become unkillable until it flips.

Well fine by me if you want to be useless on canon while others cap garri. But that is not what he said, the siege should still be taking damage, just not the player using it.I dont see a problem with it, but since the cannons are usually dead in a matter of seconds, mortars a bit slower it could be done easily.

@Hitman.5829 said:We all know how frustrating is when you are defending vs 50. There is literally no way to use the cannon, oil, or mortar. So, a very simple solution would be to make the user invulnerable and determine to survive while using these siege. The siege should be the only thing that takes damage!

PROBLEM SOLVED!You are welcome ANET!

Why has this not been a thing? The game has been out for like 6+ years! Holy snack!

What's the point? Everything on walls just gets pulled and bombed these days. It's boring.

right now the defenses are about useless when defending against a larger force. You should be able to use them. The damage is meager anyway so this discussion is moot.

There are OP defense mechanics like Siege Disablers which allow one person to stop a zerg for too long. Then there are useless defense mechanisms like canons and oil (and to a lesser degree mortars).

I'm all for allowing players to use cannons/oil in the face of overwhelming odds. Maybe make the players immune to CC while on siege, and they take less damage. Invuln is probably too big a boon (although as stated many times, these defenses aren't too great anyway).

Not to kick Mesmer's when they are down, but for me it's the pull mechanic that needs to go with regards to standing on siege. If a Ranger/Revenant/Ele starts bombing me when I'm on an AC or whatever, fair game, and unless I'm being massively bombed, I have to time to pull off and dodge out before getting downed. But there isn't much you can do to avoid a Mesmer pull.

Now, if you leave the siege to avoid being AoE'd and then get Mesmer pulled...make sure to repair at garri before running back :sunglasses:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Not to kick Mesmer's when they are down, but for me it's the pull mechanic that needs to go with regards to standing on siege. If a Ranger/Revenant/Ele starts bombing me when I'm on an AC or whatever, fair game, and unless I'm being massively bombed, I have to time to pull off and dodge out before getting downed. But there isn't much you can do to avoid a Mesmer pull.

Now, if you leave the siege to avoid being AoE'd and then get Mesmer pulled...make sure to repair at garri before running back :sunglasses:

If you are on siege with a zerg below you should be listening for that temporal curtain, anticipating it. It has a 1 second cd before the mesmer can activate into the void. Even if you do get pulled it shouldn't be a surprise and a stunbreak dodge will save you most likely. You can break pulls and knockbacks midway too if you are fast. As a revenant another option is to infuse light to avoid any damage.

@"Loosmaster.8263" said:The great solo roamer want to have Invul on an object?!!! What has this world come to...

I believe a better expresion would be:A zergling rally boot wants to "bomb" cannon to kill 1 guy. What has this world come to...

For the siege yes, the player a bit too op.. Though it could an event idea.

The upper canons in smc can be hit by some OUTSIDE the outer walls and the base floor. What range is that! If these things weren't meant to be useless they wouldn't be in the game.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Not to kick Mesmer's when they are down, but for me it's the pull mechanic that needs to go with regards to standing on siege. If a Ranger/Revenant/Ele starts bombing me when I'm on an AC or whatever, fair game, and unless I'm being massively bombed, I have to time to pull off and dodge out before getting downed. But there isn't much you can do to avoid a Mesmer pull.

Dude, I play mesmer and agree 100%. The way the game is set up, and the way walls are a death sentence for defenders, siege should at the very least give CC immunity.

Now, @Hitman.5829 's idea, that's a bit over the top, but maybe 25% to 50% damage reduction when on siege. But not the Determined effect, that would get used to troll SO much. Also, as he says, ONLY on the fixed location siege. We don't need to see people making open field arrow carts just to jump on for the CC immunity and damage reduction.