Hologram Stampede

I enjoyed a lot those events with holographic projectors even the dragon bash arena :D Good ideas, I love the arena kind of event with rounds that we can do all together, reward are cool too; now about stampedes:

The bad side:Plz.... make the spawned monsters of stampedes champion and not veterans or do something: I did the stampedes got zero credits. Does it requires activating projectors? or something else? It's IMPOSSIBLE it's just like WvW you have blobs of players on mount rekting them at the speed of sonic!! Have you thought about players without mounts or having a such lag they can't even mount?!! It's always the same that are favorised, mounted players with buffy pc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be easier next week; first day always attracts all the "get the chieves immediately" crowd. It's challenging to get kill credit even if you're mounted; with the zergs, the adds don't last long.

However, by next week, with taffy prices tanking and people done with their chieves, it should give you enough time.(PS be sure to bring bursty aoe/cleave builds; anything else won't have time to matter.)

Done 3 so far without any of them crediting. Third time went in the opposite direction to the Zerg to make sure I activated and cleared a projector and still nothing. I see I'm not the only one complaining so either bugged or they need to fix so everything doesn't melt so quickly.

@Daroon.1736 said:Done 3 so far without any of them crediting. Third time went in the opposite direction to the Zerg to make sure I activated and cleared a projector and still nothing. I see I'm not the only one complaining so either bugged or they need to fix so everything doesn't melt so quickly.

Well it's only been 1 patch. With each content release we see 2-4 additional patches over the course of the week.

I'm getting credit for the events. My issue is how few kills I get each time. Around 9. I'll have to do 6 a day to get roughly 50 a day to be on a pace of completing 500 kills in 10 days. :/

I realize the event is longer than that, but I figured 10 days was a nice 'safety' goal. :)

@notebene.3190 said:I'm getting credit for the events. My issue is how few kills I get each time. Around 9. I'll have to do 6 a day to get roughly 50 a day to be on a pace of completing 500 kills in 10 days. :/

I realize the event is longer than that, but I figured 10 days was a nice 'safety' goal. :)

Easy way to get the holo kills is go in the regular arena in Hoelbrak. I have 250 kills already, after doing 3 arenas and 3 stampedes.

Participation should not be a struggle. This needs to be fixed. It is giving me flashbacks to the "only the first 50 players get credit" problems from years past.

I did the event. Got a few zhaitaffy from some of the mobs. Did not get credit for the event, or get the daily. Where is my 100 zhaitaffy+event loot for participation?

@Donari.5237 said:

@notebene.3190 said:I'm getting credit for the events. My issue is how few kills I get each time. Around 9. I'll have to do 6 a day to get roughly 50 a day to be on a pace of completing 500 kills in 10 days. :/

Easy way to get the holo kills is go in the regular arena in Hoelbrak. I have 250 kills already, after doing 3 arenas and 3 stampedes.

Do you have to be very good to do the arena?

I'm not raid-tier and I had no problem on my Daredevil. It's just a swarm of holos (helps if the group clumps up in the middle to kill as many as possible for the damage buff) interspersed with holo versions of things like a vinewrath, ending with the Eye of Zhaitan. I've been in there just randomly with people, no spoken coordination, and prevailed every time.

@notebene.3190 said:

Do you have to be very good to do the arena?

Nope. It's a public instance. Easily done with just 2-3, it'll be a faceroll with the handful who usually turn up

@hugo.4705 said:I enjoyed a lot those events with holographic projectors even the dragon bash arena :D Good ideas, I love the arena kind of event with rounds that we can do all together, reward are cool too; now about stampedes:

The bad side:Plz.... make the spawned monsters of stampedes champion and not veterans or do something: I did the stampedes got zero credits. Does it requires activating projectors? It's IMPOSSIBLE it's just like WvW you have blobs of players on mount rekting them at the speed of sonic!! Have you thought about players without mounts or having a such lag they can't even mount?!! It's always the same that are favorised, mounted players with buffy pc.

It's good to be the king. ?

I'm going to fall on the other side of this one.

I feel the current participation system could stand to be tightened up even more than it is. I feel there is a significant portion of this game's player base that feels just showing up is enough to be rewarded.There are a lot of players at big meta events who walk around clueless, doing negligible damage, eat every mechanic and then get rewarded at the same level as those who carry the encounters.Nothing would light a fire under these people to improve like less loot.

As it stands now, the system over- rewards players for autoattacking and demanding rezes.Showing these players that it is more rewarding when they actively and positively impact the encounter would be healthy for the game.

I sincerely hope that is what Arenanet is doing here.

I haven't visited the event yet, but it looks like it's time to activate my signet + traps Guardian. It always annoyed me when Guardians set their traps at spawn spots and usually the mobs die before becoming visible, but if there's no other way to compete...

There was a little update when i logged on 2 hours ago, don't know if that was a hot fix or something, but i had not much difficulty. Yea, i'd look for the the dragon icons on the edges of the map further away where people aren't swarming. This had useful info for the cheevos though.

@mindcircus.1506 said:I'm going to fall on the other side of this one.

I feel the current participation system could stand to be tightened up even more than it is. I feel there is a significant portion of this game's player base that feels just showing up is enough to be rewarded.There are a lot of players at big meta events who walk around clueless, doing negligible damage, eat every mechanic and then get rewarded at the same level as those who carry the encounters.Nothing would light a fire under these people to improve like less loot.

Normally, I'd agree with this sentiment for the most part. However, I feel that festivals are different. If they want to make challenging content with better loot, then make a Freezie type raid. Open world festival events should be fun and people not getting credit is not fun. I've played on my second account that doesn't have mounts and it's stressful trying to reach a hologram before the mob descends and destroys it.Regular events - sure, make the threshold for credit higher, Festivals? No. It's a fun, low effort activity. If you want harder content, look for it in pre-made groups. For instance, I think the arena event would have been a perfect place for making the waves more challenging and scaling up the loot or rewarding a recolored hologram wing or helm.

I think the Hologram Stampede is a major waste of time. Many of the players attending it fail to get credit for hits. I ended up giving up on it after only getting rewards for 1 time out of 5. It was a waste of my time.

What I'd rather seen is for them to put bounty boards on the maps that players get in groups and do bounties of holographic creatures from other areas of the game and from the various stories like the Mouth of Zhaitan, the major creatures from the Auric Basin Meta such as the Mordrem Arrowhead, a Modrem Breacher with various supporting creatures, Mordrem Bonebreaker Alpha, etc. Some of the AB meta creatures we don't get a real chance to kill in the meta but as holographic bounties, players could focus their efforts on taking them down. I'd love to see one of the big bounties take place in the middle of the Son's of Svanir on Dredgehaunt Cliffs, another to take place near the open dredge area. A giant lava wurm in the dredge mine. They could make them run towards the bounty as the players did as well. It would become a major three sided conflicts.

It'd give players who are core only or one expansion or another to experience the major creatures from content they don't have unlocked and maybe push them towards getting the content they don't have.