WvW seems dead this week? GOM

asmariya.1096

Hi everyone, I started playing recently and have been participating in WvW quite a lot in the past 2 months or so on Gate of Madness. I was out of town earlier this week and when coming back it seems like WvW is just completely dead this week lol There's hardly any commander tags up, and the few commander tags that have been up have been...questionable commanders lol I haven't had this happen in the last 2 months I've been playing..Is this normal?

@asmariya.1096 said:Hi everyone, I started playing recently and have been participating in WvW quite a lot in the past 2 months or so on Gate of Madness. I was out of town earlier this week and when coming back it seems like WvW is just completely dead this week lol There's hardly any commander tags up, and the few commander tags that have been up have been...questionable commanders lol I haven't had this happen in the last 2 months I've been playing..Is this normal?

you are linked with sos at the moment. so, new ppl to fight with

A bet a lot of people are doing the festival this week, which wasn't around most of the time. The festival hasn't been around in years and so people are farming dragon bash. They get their achievements in a week or so they'll be back, most likely anyway.

Seeing the first hour of reset having the only queue of 5 people for desert bl, when it's usual to see queues of 10-30 people in ebg and home bl says something.Regardless of summer, festival, relinks, or however many other excuses, reset is the one night you could expect to at least get full maps for fights for an hour or two, this felt like a new low to me. But sure keep sugar coating it.

Even on reset days in T1, the map queues are not there anymore, not bcos it's summer or events or whatnot.

The white knights are always here to defend and as someone mentioned, you will get abundance sugar coating, topped with cherry : D

My friends, guildlies and followers are disappearing for longer and longer periods.

WvW has quiet down alot. It's real.

@Mil.3562 said:

Even on reset days in T1, the map queues are not there anymore, not bcos it's summer or events or whatnot.

The white knights are always here to defend and as someone mentioned, you will get abundance sugar coating, topped with cherry : D

My friends, guildlies and followers are disappearing for longer and longer periods.

WvW has quiet down alot. It's real.

What do you expect? The game has been around for almost seven years. Of course the population has diminished but it is far from dead.

I think its more due to being paired with a new server like someone mentioned earlier and possibly the event. WvW was perfectly fine last week and I had no issue with huge zergs/raids and finding commanders. I did not know the GOM was paired with a new server, so that explains a lot!

stepped into wvw today...same pile of trash being thrown around. Toxic +1 shotting, Power Creep , outrageous Aoe spamming, disgusting, spamming Op skills everywhere.

Absolute Toxic Trash

Than I logged out and played competitive games including Guild Wars

Wvw+Pvp are Toxic wasteland= not worth my valued time

Not dead, but definitely declining playerbase which is sad. The fact that so many servers are "full" right now, really goes to show how low that threshhold is at this point. I don't even know if NA has enough activity to justify 4 tiers anymore. Maybe consolidation would help, but not sure they would if they really are working on alliances.