$$$ Legendary $$$

@Lacuda.8543 said:Can we get a legendary for players who have spent $1,000 or more on this game?=)

Actually we already have that.Take US$1000 to buy gems. Those 8000 gems will get about 1850 gold is enough for one of the less popular generation 1 legendaries.Those 80k gems will get over 18k gold, enough for 8-9 first generation legendaries.

(Thanks to @Acheron.4731 for pointing out the factor-of-10 error.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Lacuda.8543 said:Can we get a legendary for players who have spent $1,000 or more on this game?=)

Actually we already have that.Take US$1000 to buy gems. Those 8000 gems will get about 1850 gold is enough for one of the less popular generation 1 legendaries.

1000 US to buy 8000 gems?...man, the price went up since last i bought gems :)

@Acheron.4731 said:

Actually we already have that.Take US$1000 to buy gems. Those 8000 gems will get about 1850 gold is enough for one of the less popular generation 1 legendaries.

1000 US to buy 8000 gems?...man, the price went up since last i bought gems :)

You know, I don't know how I made that mistake10 = 800100 = 80001000 = oops and oops again

(I'll fix it above; thanks)

@"Lacuda.8543" said:So people can buy legendaries for cash but not be rewarded for supporting the game a whole bunch? :'(

It's not "supporting" the game if you get something for it. Then it's just another transaction, exactly like purchasing gems for whatever other reason you might have. It's your choice to spend your cash however you please. If you can afford to plunk US$1000 on a bunch of BL keys, because it's kind of fun opening that many, go right ahead.

I think it's odd to imagine that it would be good for the long term health of the game to treat those spending US$1000 differently from 10 people who spend just $100 or 100 people spending just $10.

@Lacuda.8543 said:So people can buy legendaries for cash but not be rewarded for supporting the game a whole bunch? :'(

Your reward for buying gems is the stuff you got with those gems. Whether that's legendary weapons or outfits or account upgrades or whatever else. You've already gotten (or in the case of unspent gems are able to get) a reward for spending that money. If you don't think that's worth the price unless there's something else included then don't buy it.

@Gop.8713 said:I've spent like $150 and I'd be fine if they made me wear sackcloth or something . . .

Or they could take away one of the dots in my ellipsis. Any dot, their choice . . .

Some days I miss being a forum moderator (never been one on this forum, but have been elsewhere). If I had mod options right now I'd silently remove one dot just to see if you'd notice. =)

@"Lacuda.8543" said:So people can buy legendaries for cash but not be rewarded for supporting the game a whole bunch? :'(People that buy legendaries for cash do support the game as much as everyone else that bought gems. They are being "rewarded" for that support with gold to buy the legendary, while others are being "rewarded" for their support with gemshop items.You want to be rewarded twice, however.

Several years ago Anet rewarded people that bought gems over a certain period with a kite if I recall correctly. People raged over a kite given to people that bought gems and it was never done again. We can't have things like that anymore. Just like we can't have good April Fools pranks due to similar rage over something very minor. Now April Fools is just fake path notes (yawn). A legendary for buying gems is way off the mark for a lot of reasons.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:Several years ago Anet rewarded people that bought gems over a certain period with a kite if I recall correctly. People raged over a kite given to people that bought gems and it was never done again. We can't have things like that anymore. Just like we can't have good April Fools pranks due to similar rage over something very minor. Now April Fools is just fake path notes (yawn). A legendary for buying gems is way off the mark for a lot of reasons.

I remember the kite, i thought the rage over it was idiotic, shame its no longer a thing though, id like to be able to obtain it now that i have de money.

To be fair to the april fools pranks, they where making people physically sick, myself included, so im glad they stopped. Maybe anet should have done similar ones like they did in GW1.(stick figures, gender swap day etc) those where fun and enjoyable.

I would like it if there was maybe a weapon skin set that you unlocked a pick from every $X amount you spend on the game, but ANet will never do that. It would make it too easy to track just how much you've spent, and they don't want people to realize how much an item here or there builds up.

This post was mostly just to see how the community felt on the subject. Heck, I'd be happy with a crummy title like "Bad With Money" or something like that.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Lacuda.8543" said:So people can buy legendaries for cash but not be rewarded for supporting the game a whole bunch? :'(

It's not "supporting" the game if you get something for it. Then it's just another transaction, exactly like purchasing gems for whatever other reason you might have. It's your choice to spend your cash however you please. If you can afford to plunk US$1000 on a bunch of BL keys, because it's kind of fun opening that many, go right ahead.

I think it's odd to imagine that it would be good for the long term health of the game to treat those spending US$1000 differently from 10 people who spend just $100 or 100 people spending just $10.

Will just dryly point out that actually yes, when you perform a transaction with an entity and you are choosing to provide that specific entity with payment for a service, you are in fact "supporting" it. It's why when people boycott businesses they will actively choose to "no longer support it".

At least this ain't WoW. More than doubled the amount mentioned here in that game lol.

@Dante.1763 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:Several years ago Anet rewarded people that bought gems over a certain period with a kite if I recall correctly. People raged over a kite given to people that bought gems and it was never done again. We can't have things like that anymore. Just like we can't have good April Fools pranks due to similar rage over something very minor. Now April Fools is just fake path notes (yawn). A legendary for buying gems is way off the mark for a lot of reasons.

I remember the kite, i thought the rage over it was idiotic, shame its no longer a thing though, id like to be able to obtain it now that i have de money.

To be fair to the april fools pranks, they where making people physically sick, myself included, so im glad they stopped. Maybe anet should have done similar ones like they did in GW1.(stick figures, gender swap day etc) those where fun and enjoyable.

You can obtain it - it was the Sun Kite which is currently in the gem store.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Gee, I thought it was a Mini-pet. A golem of some kind. Mr. Sparkles, maybe?

That was the second time. If I remember correctly the kite was a surprise, some people just logged in one day (during the original Bazaar of the Four Winds) to find a mail with a kite and a message saying it was for buying gems with real money during some time period earlier (I certainly can't find anything on the main site announcing it). Other people were disappointed because they said if they'd known there would be a bonus freebie they'd have made sure to buy gems during the qualifying period.

Presumably that's why they announced it the second time: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-black-lion-wintersday-rewards-event/Although that was also more expensive, 800 gems got you a green quaggan backpack and 4000 gems got you the mini Mr. Sparkles, and again they had to be bought with real money.

I've often wondered why they didn't do that again. As far as I know that was the last time the mini Mr. Sparkles was available, so a lot of people who might well want it have never had the chance, and I'm sure there's other items they could use for a similar give-away too. I don't remember it being as controversial, since there was notice in advance (although it would be really annoying if you wanted it and couldn't afford it) but maybe Anet felt it wasn't worth it.