Would you love to see more new "Core" weapons? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Would you love to see more new "Core" weapons?

Each Profession would get one more new core weapon, would you wanna see more Core weapons for each Profession Yes or No?

Would you love to see more new "Core" weapons? 100 votes

Yes I want The "Core Profession" to have more weapons available
32%
Rauderi.8706Curunen.8729Einlanzer.1627EquinoxPower.4783Phineas Drayke.6381Erasculio.2914FOX.3582Shena Fu.5792Frostfang.5109DonArkanio.6419Reverielle.3972Andur.9275Knighthonor.4061Jokubas.4265ParadoX.3124Thornwolf.9721Thundabolt.8541Kai.9264warherox.7943Makuragee.3058 32 votes
Yes, the more weapons the better
19%
Cerioth.7062Fenom.9457Karmapolice.4193Dante.1763linamaria.1830hugo.4705Loboling.5293BrokenGlass.9356RyuDragnier.9476Linebreaker.7904HitmanHaydon.1053Acheron.4731Edelweiss.4261Urgi.3504ToniKrieger.4293Richard Marcinko.5132rykljis.8425zezinho.1926Kalifax.3046 19 votes
No rather have something else
7%
Ashantara.8731Goettel.4389lokh.2695Nol Fran Shee.1285Felix.7289Bunter.3795Dante.1508 7 votes
No It would complicate the game too much
2%
Cerelia.1835VitaminK.2517 2 votes
Rather have a new Elite Specialization
14%
TheGrimm.5624Vavume.8065lukey.8951Musaroxy.2874yoni.7015Sznurek.8791Sarrs.4831Teleoceras.1298NICENIKESHOE.7128AdamenTBell.8195Alyster.9470Etria.3642xenon.3264Keymaster.7362 14 votes
Rather have them rework old weapons first
5%
Kalendraf.9521Dezember.1295NeverLoseGuy.3894Hynax.9536Konrad Curze.5130 5 votes
A rework for all weapons plz
3%
BadSanta.6527crepuscular.9047Edge.8724 3 votes
Weapon balance is fine, traits need a proper rework
4%
MidnightX.6294Ayakaru.6583Tycko Larsson.7829Azraeil.7013 4 votes
Multiple options have been chosen
8%
Stand The Wall.6987sevenDEADLY.5281FrigginPaco.4178Delrago.2098Ototo.3214Chill Ra.3416Naxos.2503Thorstienn.1642 8 votes
Other
6%
Ben K.6238sorudo.9054arielwind.8921XenoSpyro.1780Rico.6873Brycar.2651 6 votes

Comments

• Yes I want The "Core Profession" to have more weapons available

Two handed weapons :Meele: Great Axe ,Pike/Hlaberd
    Onehand weapons : Meele: Katar,Onehanded short Spear
    Ranged: Chakram
    Offhand: chains/net -more focused on hard CC - stun,root,criple,slow

• Yes, the more weapons the better

More weapons. Put that underwater Spear on land please! And give us some cestus for fist fighting!

• Hynax.9536Hynax.9536 Member ✭✭✭
    Rather have them rework old weapons first

-Offtopic: Why so many options? (Yes,No are enough) :s

-Ontopic: Anet really have to deal with the weapons that classes already have before launching new ones, some weapons are so useless players don't even notice they can use until someone creates a very specific build that use one or two skills of that weapon (maces), while others are used everywhere and in almost every build (sword/greatsword).

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, absolutely! I’d love full new elite specs but adding a new weapon or two to the base class could be excellent in the meantime while they work on specs or something. Although new weapons to core professions comes with benefits elite specs don’t so I’d kinda like to see that happen some no matter what.

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like to see new gameplay options, and adding new weapon types is pretty much the worst way to do that, especially if they're redundant with existing ones.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019

more core weapons, rework/ buff traits, more/ buff core utilities.
    everything is lacking.

Te lazla otstra.
    nerf list

New weapon types is, in my opinion, the best change that can be made for the game. Let these new weapon types break some of the general rules for weapons. Maybe let them hit more than 5 targets or maybe give us a weapon that turns 1 instance of damage into 2 instances of a little over half damage. Let weapons be tactical options over just picking the best weapon for a given build.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019
    Other

@Hynax.9536 said:
    -Offtopic: Why so many options? (Yes,No are enough) :s

-Ontopic: Anet really have to deal with the weapons that classes already have before launching new ones, some weapons are so useless players don't even notice they can use until someone creates a very specific build that use one or two skills of that weapon (maces), while others are used everywhere and in almost every build (sword/greatsword).

In other forums I was used to make polls with 10+ options :P
    That kinda still stuck with me, dont wanna give people weak options like yes or no.
    Though I do agree that I went a little overboard with the 2 yes and 2 no options xD

• Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

More elite specs, I like to theory craft builds.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

Off hand Dagger for Revenant ranged attack and heal support.

Weapons to fill the gaps ~ like Core Guardian not having a Mainhand Condi weapon

• No rather have something else

No i'd rather see more core Races..

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2019
    No rather have something else

I don't want more per profession from the selection of weapons available, but would love to see new weapons added to the game. (Not sure if that's what you meant.)

@Dante.1508 said:
    No i'd rather see more core Races..

Yes, me too.

• crepuscular.9047crepuscular.9047 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2019
    A rework for all weapons plz

I'm pretty sure we already have more weapon types compare to WoW

and there's a big difference in terms of design, in GW2, your skills are dependent on the weapon, which is where there balance comes in; and the state of balance is... the T word

thus, I want Anet to map out a clear and concise design of how each class' weapons, utilities and traits should be balanced, and focus to fix up the balance first before going add extra 65 skills they have to balance

[RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]     [TTS] [KA] [SI]     [RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018]
    Praise the Inevitable Eternal Transcendent King Palawa Ignacious Joko, the Beloved and Feared Undying Eternal Monarch of All !!!
    ... til Aurene ate him for dessert 😭
  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want more core weapons and elite spec weapons to just be available to their classes at all times.

• Rather have them rework old weapons first

Main thing I'd like to see is updates to the spear to make it also become land-usable for all classes that can currently use it underwater.

Proud to be a member of the Charter Vanguard [CV] on the Henge of Denravi

Yes give me a glaive. I need my warrior to use a glaive.

• Jokubas.4265Jokubas.4265 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2019

I definitely want to see more base weapons. Something that came up a lot when Elite Specializations first came out was how awkward it was that some of them originally shored up weaknesses in the base profession, even though we'd theoretically have more choices in the long run (and did eventually get another Elite Specialization choice) and thus that weakness would still exist outside of that one choice.

While that's less of a problem now, it still stands out that some professions are surprisingly limited in their actual options in combinations of weapons (usually main-hand versus off-hand), and since you can only ever get one other weapon choice max (because Elite Specializations are mutually exclusive), no current mechanic changes that.

For example, Mesmer only has two options for Main-Hand unless they're Mirage (I wanted Off-Hands in both of my weapon slots, giving me no choice to fill my Main-Hand with). I would like to see at least one more option added to the core profession. Pistol would be an easy choice.

Thief only has two Off-Hand choices. It just seems really small and limits your options way more than it looks when you see the weapon list. I think Torch would fit well as an option. Sure, torches aren't stealthy (unless you're a Mesmer), but they fit the more general sense of a Thief being a sort of resourceful adventurer type.

I'd also definitely support more weapon types in general and there are still plenty of options that don't need an Elite Specialization to justify them as an option. Spear as a land weapon definitely needs to happen someday, and even though they haven't been making more skins for underwater weapons, it at least would have a decent amount of art support for it already. It would be an easy fit for Warriors, Guardians, and Revenants, probably Rangers, and I'd like to see Elementalists try it out as well, at least (I don't think it should necessarily have to be tied to the classes that have it as an underwater weapon).

I'm also forever behind Whip as a new weapon type, even though Elementalist already has a lightning whip attack on Dagger. It would be great on Mesmer, Elementalist could certainly find something else original to do with it, I'd imagine it as a sort of Scorpion Wire-like control weapon for Thieves, and perhaps Revenant or Necromancer could draw on some Castlevania inspiration for it.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:
    Yes give me a glaive. I need my warrior to use a glaive.

the longsword, the polesword, the poleaxe, or the frisbee?

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm alittle confused. Are you suggest new weapons with skills or just new skins? If it just new skins I don't care at all.
    If we're talking about new weapons with new skills then yes please. Gw2 needs more veritity with skills to use and there method of tieing skills to weapons was a big mistake in that department.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other

This poll probably didn't need 10 options.

I have no interest in new weapons for the sake of new weapons. I would like to see variant weapon skills per existing weapon though.

@Rico.6873 said:
    Each Profession would get one more new core weapon, would you wanna see more Core weapons for each Profession Yes or No?

Rev and Engi definitely need more core weapons. Perhaps Ele, too.

• Rico.6873Rico.6873 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    I'm alittle confused. Are you suggest new weapons with skills or just new skins? If it just new skins I don't care at all.
    If we're talking about new weapons with new skills then yes please. Gw2 needs more veritity with skills to use and there method of tieing skills to weapons was a big mistake in that department.

Gw2 already has a ton of skins, with more skins coming every day/update
    I'm talking about new weapons with their own abilities

Would be awesome if they added completely new weapons (Whip, Rapier, Chakram, Fist)
    But I would make do if they added already existing weapons to professions who don't own those weapons yet
    (while making those weapons Core professions accessible!)

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2019

@Rico.6873 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Gw2 already has a ton of skins, with more skins coming every day/update
    I'm talking about new weapons with their own abilities

Would be awesome if they added completely new weapons (Whip, Rapier, Chakram, Fist)
    But I would make do if they added already existing weapons to professions who don't own those weapons yet
    (while making those weapons Core professions accessible!)

I'm glad we're on the same page. And omg fist, haliberg, wipe, any and all weapons imaginable would be great. Since weapons discern skills/play style. So more weapons mean more veritity. If anyone is against this then there against overall growth of guild wars 2.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

I want a Melee two hander power DPS burst damage Melee weapon for Revenant. If not GS give something else like Spear or Great axe.

• Other

All classes should have had access to all weapons from the beginning, even if it were to seem impractical. There is no excuse that a warrior can't bash someone in the head from both sides with two focuses.. foci?

• Other

I need partisan/spear when we're on mount

New core weapons would be excellent. Land Spear and trident seem like the obvious options. But whip, cestus, katar, halberd, greataxe, crossbow... All great additions.

Weapon styles would be extremely cool. Say warrior's sword, it's current style for its 1, 2, and F1 skills could be considered 'slashing style' replace the 3 with a multi-slash condi application. (whirling cuts? Channeled damage and whirl finisher?) then perhaps you could switch to, 'piercing style' with a direct damage auto attack that applies vulnerability and does +10% crit damage. 2 and 3 stays the same...F1 skill changes to 'Impale and Twist', big spike of damage almost as good as Axe F1 with, apply 10stacks vulnerability 2 sec. If the target is @ 25 vulnerability, increase damage 20%.

So every weapon style would swap condi moves to power moves, and vice-versa. It would allow each weapon to be about a playstyle (range, single attacks, multi-attacks, AoE's, support or whatever) but it would open builds to use (almost) any weapon. (suboptimal weapons are inevitable... But more choice is awesome.)

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

Still waiting on spears and scythes as proper weapons, or weapons that function like them. Theyd be great to have.

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

It certainly wouldn't be a trivial undertaking, but yes, I think it might be nice to give the core professions a little bit of love, so to speak.

• FrigginPaco.4178FrigginPaco.4178 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019
    1. Spear and Trident can BOTH be used as martial or caster weapons AND in one hand or two hands. The oldest weapon in the WORLD besides rocks is a spear! Cmon! We're losing out on so much here!
    2. Greataxe. C'mon.
    3. Crossbow. 1 and 2-handed.
    4. Flails. No I don't care how good/bad they were in real life, they're a weapon we don't have yet could have. (lots of debate on this).
    5. Bare Hands. BRING ON THE EASTERN INFLUENCES or pugilism if you want. Either way, this is a thing. Shaolin monk, boxer, whatever archetype you want, add it here.
    6. Enter your favorite fantasy weapon here. Kratos chain axes? Very niche and cliché, but more power to ya. The Belmont Family Chain Whip? I love it (Castlevania). Some kind of weapon based on the insanity that is Monster Hunter weapons? Go for it. (Salivating over Switch-Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, etc).

OK, so even if 6 is a cop-out, the idea is that you can probably justify some of those weapons to each and every class. My most reasonable addition would be bringing the Spear and Trident out of underwater content and onto land. C'mon! We have the skins for them already! Hire me, I'll go nuts creatively! D':<

Potential requires action in order to be realized.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@FrigginPaco.4178 said:
    1. Spear and Trident can BOTH be used as martial or caster weapons AND in one hand or two hands. The oldest weapon in the WORLD besides rocks is a spear! Cmon! We're losing out on so much here!
    2. Greataxe. C'mon.
    3. Crossbow. 1 and 2-handed.
    4. Flails. No I don't care how good/bad they were in real life, they're a weapon we don't have yet could have. (lots of debate on this).
    5. Bare Hands. BRING ON THE EASTERN INFLUENCES or pugilism if you want. Either way, this is a thing. Shaolin monk, boxer, whatever archetype you want, add it here.
    6. Enter your favorite fantasy weapon here. Kratos chain axes? Very niche and cliché, but more power to ya. The Belmont Family Chain Whip? I love it (Castlevania). Some kind of weapon based on the insanity that is Monster Hunter weapons? Go for it. (Salivating over Switch-Axe, Charge Blade, Insect Glaive, etc).

OK, so even if 6 is a cop-out, the idea is that you can probably justify some of those weapons to each and every class. My most reasonable addition would be bringing the Spear and Trident out of underwater content and onto land. C'mon! We have the skins for them already! Hire me, I'll go nuts creatively! D':<

I am hoping they are working at moving Spear / Trident to land as well. The speargun is kinda a crossbow and moving that to land as well makes sense. Agree who doesn't like a greataxe but I could see that being more involved. Flails being different from maces.....I think they did ok by creating a warhammer skin for the mace so could see that as a skin but a whole different mechanic I would question.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• Ototo.3214Ototo.3214 Member ✭✭✭

Wasn't too sure what exactly to vote for cause I personally want something specific. I want gauntlets of some sort to be a weapon. I want to punch things as a 2 handed weapon.
    I feel it could be made a weapon made available to some core classes and to others via new elite specs.

Though, I also wouldn't be opposed to Spears and Tridents being available on land as well for some classes.

• Weapon balance is fine, traits need a proper rework

MESMER GLAMOUR TRAIT!!! bring it back already !!!!

Nothing to see here - move along.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other

We need to balance the core weapon count first, a warior is able to use practically every weapon while the engineer has barely anything.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.