Potential Future Balance Changes - PvP

Cal Cohen.2358

@The Ace.9105 said:

Rampage
Rampage has been overperforming since the initial change that brought its cooldown to 90 seconds, and continues to with the cooldown at 120 seconds. Rather than just bumping up the cooldown again, we’re looking to address an underlying issue: hard CC skills also doing large amounts of damage. This is something that we’re looking to do across the board for the future update, and we see Rampage as a good opportunity to see the idea in action.
  • Rampage skills have been adjusted as follows
    • Kick: Power coefficient reduced from 1.2 to 0.01 in PvP only
    • Throw Boulder: Power coefficient reduced from 2.0 to 0.01 in PvP only
    • Seismic Leap: Power coefficient reduced from 1.6 to 0.01 in PvP only

Nice. Notice a problem just like 100 years too late and then make decent fixes to the skill that should have been done when the problems initially started. Now we have the fix coming but another question is: what the frick is taking so long with it?!?!?! C'mon Anet Step up your game and start actually acting!

Maybe don't be toxic when they make positive changes.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Rampage
Rampage has been overperforming since the initial change that brought its cooldown to 90 seconds, and continues to with the cooldown at 120 seconds. Rather than just bumping up the cooldown again, we’re looking to address an underlying issue: hard CC skills also doing large amounts of damage. This is something that we’re looking to do across the board for the future update, and we see Rampage as a good opportunity to see the idea in action.

Nice. Notice a problem just like 100 years too late and then make decent fixes to the skill that should have been done when the problems initially started. Now we have the fix coming but another question is: what the frick is taking so long with it?!?!?! C'mon Anet Step up your game and start actually acting!

This ^ At least stop for few days with complaining when finally something is happening. No one thinks everything is fine now, but at least there is stuff happening. This complain just to complain culture in this forum is actually disgusting.

@bravan.3876 said:

@"Cal Cohen.2358" said:
Rampage

This ^ At least stop for few days with complaining when finally something is happening. No one thinks everything is fine now, but at least there is stuff happening. This complain just to complain culture in this forum is actually disgusting.

If you've been here long enough; you would certainly know what is disgusting

It has gotten worse and that we the community has past beyond fed up with it. We deserve every right to express our frustrations in the forum (of course following forum rules) that words alone has not made any changes that we want

We the community has given beyond all of our constructive suggestions, criticism and feedback in hope that the direction of the game would be healthy and competitive to only have it all resulted in nothingless

Absolutely, Nothingless!!

In fact here is the old forum https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/ vs the new forum https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/ with having the same results and the worst of it

WORDS WITHOUT ACTIONS ARE NOTHINGLESS!!!!

WE WANT ACTION NOW!!

Once again to Anet as it already has been reported too many times, can you please look into this bug or hack which enables Thief Player to automatically teleport to mounts while being attacked?? it is becoming very apparent and it is already pushing players away from playing the game.

(few minutes ago; i witnessed it with other former players because new players were complaining about it in other game forum so we decided to see it for ourselves, and it is true)

---They checked afterwards and verified that this Thief Player is an active Thief Player in their server, not a bot--

--if it takes to completely remove teleport from Thief Profession including from other potential professions who may be next in abusing/hack teleporting into mounts while being attacked or while being targeted, do it

Thief Profession is the most abusive Profession in the game because of its design and it need to be stopped

Thank You!

-side note-

(this is not a video of the bug/hack but also evidence of Toxic Shadow Port being largelyu behind it)

'The new preparation Shadow Portal allows DP thief to abuse their role of a plus 1 much more effectively'

Vallun mentioned 'back in forth', perhaps this is the reasoning behind Thief Profession porting back and forth in mounts while being targeted and being attacked at the same time?

'How was the patch for thief?''Anet plz fix the bugs x.x'

@"Burnfall.9573" said:Once again to Anet as it already has been reported too many times, can you please look into this bug or hack which enables Thief Player to automatically teleport to mounts while being attacked?? it is becoming very apparent and it is already pushing players away from playing the game.

(few minutes ago; i witnessed it with other former players because new players were complaining about it in other game forum so we decided to see it for ourselves, and it is true)

---They checked afterwards and verified that this Thief Player is an active Thief Player in their server, not a bot--

--if it takes to completely remove teleport from Thief Profession including from other potential professions who may be next in abusing/hack teleporting into mounts while being attacked or while being targeted, do it

Thief Profession is the most abusive Profession in the game because of its design and it need to be stopped

Thank You!

-side note-

(this is not a video of the bug/hack but also evidence of Toxic Shadow Port being largelyu behind it)

'The new preparation Shadow Portal allows DP thief to abuse their role of a plus 1 much more effectively'

Vallun mentioned 'back in forth', perhaps this is the reasoning behind Thief Profession porting back and forth in mounts while being targeted and being attacked at the same time?

'How was the patch for thief?''Anet plz fix the bugs x.x'

If it takes removing teleports from thief profession omg lolz.

As a warrior main of about 18 months I gotta say I am a bit worried about the Rampage changes. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see why people call it an OP elite skill but as was mentioned, it is so heavily telegraphed. I have no complaints about reducing the power coefficient (but to 0.01............really?????). I would have expected maybe a 30-50% reduction for a skill with such obvious and avoidable tells. Of course this is just my opinion though.

@Draes.5493 said:As a warrior main of about 18 months I gotta say I am a bit worried about the Rampage changes. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see why people call it an OP elite skill but as was mentioned, it is so heavily telegraphed. I have no complaints about reducing the power coefficient (but to 0.01............really?????). I would have expected maybe a 30-50% reduction for a skill with such obvious and avoidable tells. Of course this is just my opinion though.

Personally I don't particularly like the rampage nerf in how it was done. I think the power of the skill was mostly fine it just shouldn't be something that's potentially up every single fight like it was back when it was 72 second cooldown traited. Bump it back up to 180. It's powerful, impactful, but you only get 3-4 uses the average conquest match rather than 6-8.

@Draes.5493 said:As a warrior main of about 18 months I gotta say I am a bit worried about the Rampage changes. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see why people call it an OP elite skill but as was mentioned, it is so heavily telegraphed. I have no complaints about reducing the power coefficient (but to 0.01............really?????). I would have expected maybe a 30-50% reduction for a skill with such obvious and avoidable tells. Of course this is just my opinion though.

Rampage will still be one of the best elites in the game, yes it loses its damage on CC skills but the base damage still remains.It still offers mobility, you can still rampage stomp/rez, you can still set up kills and you can STILL do damage, just not cc nuke + cc nuke + cc nuke -> dead.now you will have to outplay oponent instead of rock->kick->stomp->auto auto -> rock.4 must dodge nukes that are hard cc, have fun!

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Fueki.4753 said:All warriors out there, sad about that neutering of Rampage!Re-roll into Healing Firebrand in protest and be literally unkillable for entire games!Show Anet what really is broken!

Word is that EU has gone absolutely wild with Symbolbrand Fever.

I doubt that was Symbolbrand though who I encountered.Their symbols were rare and barely tickled me.

I dont think the issue is it not having tells the issues is combined with all the other cc in warriors kit there is physically no way possible to avoid it all if chained together in a short enough time frame. The fact that on top of it it does so much damage there is no reason why the bolder toss (which you dont need tobe facing your target to use) should hit for 8-11k and hard stun for 2 seconds. even with a 50% nerf thats still a 4-6k crit with a 2 second stun.

Ideally warriors general kit allows them to be pretty cc heavy as it is meaning its totally possible to bait / exhaust break stuns, dodges etc just with weapon and general utility. Once rampage is pressed its just free. I agree alot of warrior cc has big tells but tells were never the issue its nice to think that every profession can always dodge each of those heavy dps cc skills but in alot of cases thats not optional so even if you see one or two skills coming it does not mean you can avoid the whole chain.

I think the Rampage nerfs look a bit too harsh on paper. I would prefer more careful nerfs and for that more often balance patches with step by step careful balance. In case Rampage rly is overnerfed Warriors have to deal with another useless elite for at least 3 months (or even longer when looking at EM trait) before maybe somthing gets reworked. More often balance changes with "softer" adjustments but added by hotfixes for obviously broken stuff or obviously overnerfed stuff is the way to go.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I dont think the issue is it not having tells the issues is combined with all the other cc in warriors kit there is physically no way possible to avoid it all if chained together in a short enough time frame.

With that argument, shouldn't Mesmer lose a lot of its Daze?Mesmers stunlock me way more often than Warriors.

The daze was never the issue with mesmer the issue was CI causing immobilize o ntop of daze's that interrupted which effectively means you are basically hard stunned but to remove it completely you needed the factor of condi clear and break stun which is not something a lot of professions have all in 1 button. The fact that it had no cooldown either. Mind you chaos storm could also daze you 4 times in a row back then getting immobilized under a double chaos storm was just ?

Keep in mind mesmer Daze's (most of them) dont do damage at all. So while they can be chained which is annoying its not the CC skills doing the damage. Granted im not a fan of their multi casting (being able to cast one skill with no cast time while using one that does have cast time) i don think mesmers should lose their daze's.

I think power lock should have a minor tell to it though, even if its just an effect on the mesmers buff bar letting you know they have x charges for x mantra loaded. As in most cases mantras are charged out of combat leaving no real tell or counter-play to them. You just get hit with them as they come out on instant cast which is kind of bs.

In short ive never had a mesmer daze itself hit me for 11k, even when getting chain cc'ed to death its a combo of several skills being cast at the same time/in row which goes into my multi cast / no tell complaint more than anything.

Warriors on the other hand once rampage is pressed either you are in a position to avoid it all or it just instantly kills you because chain cc which also has high damage at the same time. Its not a good feeling when it happens and i know why considering ive been on the receiving end of it many times.

Do i think warrior rampage should remain this way long term no i dont. But who knows those CC skills might still hit generously enough to be ok even with the heavy nerf. Talking about a class that constantly has 25 might and fury so we just have to wait and see.

@Fueki.4753 said:

I dont think the issue is it not having tells the issues is combined with all the other cc in warriors kit there is physically no way possible to avoid it all if chained together in a short enough time frame.

With that argument, shouldn't Mesmer lose a lot of its Daze?Mesmers stunlock me way more often than Warriors.

Meta warrior has more hard stuns then meta mesmer has dazes, And I dont think I have to explain the difference between how good a daze is and how good stun is, right?thats on top of warriors stuns removing boons.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

Meta warrior has more hard stuns then meta mesmer has dazes, And I dont think I have to explain the difference between how good a daze is and how good stun is, right?

Effectively they are both cc's the difference between daze and stun is minimal both are effective the real difference is is that warriors stuns do sizable damage and mesmers dazes do not (directly)

If mesmers Dazes did do heavy damage like that they wouldn't be acceptable either.

thats on top of warriors stuns removing boons.This bit is kind of irrelevant not every warrior has this only spellbreakers.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

Meta warrior has more hard stuns then meta mesmer has dazes, And I dont think I have to explain the difference between how good a daze is and how good stun is, right?

Effectively they are both cc's the difference between daze and stun is minimal both are effective the real difference is is that warriors stuns do sizable damage and mesmers dazes do not (directly)

If mesmers Dazes did do heavy damage like that they wouldn't be acceptable either.

thats on top of warriors stuns removing boons.This bit is kind of irrelevant not every warrior has this only spellbreakers.

Sorry but a stunt, knockdown and float (and in a less impactfull way : knockback, launch and pull) are way stronger than a daze because you can't evade the next burst/attack without breakstunt. (The day they remove the stunt on F3 in domi on power mesmer, you will have 50% less chance to burst someone for example.)The different ins't minimal.

ps : About CI, It existed for years, was used during 4 months and was removed....

@viquing.8254 said:

Sorry but a stunt, knockdown and float (and in a less impactfull way : knockback, launch and pull) are way stronger than a daze because you can't evade the next burst/attack without breakstunt. (The day they remove the stunt on F3 in domi on power mesmer, you will have 50% less chance to burst someone for example.)The different ins't minimal.

ps : About CI, It existed for years, was used during 4 months and was removed....

And thank god it was removed.