So that countdown was *not* for the next part of Champions part 1 to drop - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Guild Wars 2 Discussion

So that countdown was *not* for the next part of Champions part 1 to drop

2

Answers

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Solanum.6983 said:
    They added 7 other missions into the game last patch and they specifically stated that there will be releases in-between chapters, if not the DRMs they added into the patch then what?

    They added some stuff to gemshop, haven't you noticed? And there's going to be Wintersday...

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • So, one of the next DRM are in Thunderhead Peaks?? Oh boy, that's gonna be interesting.

  • Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blude.6812 said:

    @Astralporing.1957 said:

    @Solanum.6983 said:
    They added 7 other missions into the game last patch and they specifically stated that there will be releases in-between chapters, if not the DRMs they added into the patch then what?

    They added some stuff to gemshop, haven't you noticed? And there's going to be Wintersday...

    I don't think a recycled festival as well as bling and recycled stuff that I have or don't need, added to the gem shop really counts as added content in any way, shape or form.

    And i didn't think LS2 (or ls5, for that matter) was "expansion-level content". Anet happened to disagree.

    The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

    As long as I don't have to fix 500 signposts from Hoelbrak to Lion's Arch I'm fine...

    Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So instead of waiting 2 months for content, you wait that time to play an hour and then have to wait two weeks more for another hour even though that content is done and in the game.

    Weekly releases of finished content sounds like a good idea if there is a progress bar to complete. A week of no progress bar and the previous bar amounting to no impact on the game at all is, by current experience, a really bad idea. Add onto that, every community event has been bugged or broken (save for Fractal Rush) with throw away rewards.

    Just wait for all the content to be out and let the community progress bars fail.

    Limited and timed content is the worst content ever, Living World 1 being prime example that almost bombed GW2. If Anet wants to come back to that, let them fail.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Whilst it remains a disappointingly low amount of content, thank you for the clarification. The additional information will be welcomed

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Kunzaito.8169Kunzaito.8169 Member ✭✭✭

    Wait, I'm confused, so is the current release limited play? As in, do it now or it disappears? Or is there a cycle like Strikes used to have?

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thankyou for the response.

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Wow, I saw an Arenanet tag and got excited. Can we see this on more threads please? We like to hear from the leaders of our community 🙂

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

    Even with that response, it's blatantly obvious how much of a fail this droplet release is.
    Even with the Ebon Vanguard part it'll likely be less than half an episode, even for the minuscule Season 5 standards.

  • "The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1"
    and how to do it? If "crystal bloom global rank" is stuck on 3 out of 5 chests and there is no progress? Does this mean that all progress is lost or will it continue?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @KIIIL.1860 said:
    "The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1"
    and how to do it? If "crystal bloom global rank" is stuck on 3 out of 5 chests and there is no progress? Does this mean that all progress is lost or will it continue?

    Talk to the asura Lokka with a wierd thing over head and you should be able to get the 3 boxes the community unlocked the other 2 wont become availiable.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @KIIIL.1860 said:
    "The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1"
    and how to do it? If "crystal bloom global rank" is stuck on 3 out of 5 chests and there is no progress? Does this mean that all progress is lost or will it continue?

    Talk to the asura Lokka with a wierd thing over head and you should be able to get the 3 boxes the community unlocked the other 2 wont become availiable.

    exactly why are we losing the last 2 boxes?

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

    You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.
    The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

    You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.
    The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

    I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.
    I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.
    I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @KIIIL.1860 said:
    exactly why are we losing the last 2 boxes?

    That's because not enough people completed the mind-numbingly boring DRMs and/or spend insufficient amounts of Crystal Bloom tokens.
    This caused the community event to not complete tier 4 and 5 and thus not giving us the rewards.

    In my opinion, Arenanet should have extended the event until the Ebon Vanguard release next week, instead of having that useless one-week gap.

  • Vancho.8750Vancho.8750 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I'll laugh my kitten off if the Vanguard thing ends up being a grind on the current DRMs and there are no new ones.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Vancho.8750 said:
    I'll laugh my kitten off if the Vanguard thing ends up being a grind on the current DRMs and there are no new ones.

    I’m thinking the same

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • ollbirtan.2915ollbirtan.2915 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Remember....that thing....what was it?....Oh yes!! WvW Alliances!! 3 years and counting.
    Not sure why you are all so surprised by lack of communication and empty promises. This has been Anet's key thing for the past 4 years at least.

  • @Vancho.8750 said:
    I'll laugh my kitten off if the Vanguard thing ends up being a grind on the current DRMs and there are no new ones.

    we don't need any NEW ones they need this fix these current ones and the lfg

  • @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

    You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.
    The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

    I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.
    I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.
    I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

    For players who are progressing through the game content in chronological order, who have bought all of the expansions, all of the LWS episodes in between, is this content comparable to LW S1 in that it will no longer be available, so if you want to experience it, you have to do it on release?

    You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    Desiderata

  • So this wasn't a bug, it was bad by design, good to know.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Stelawrat.6589 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

    You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.
    The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

    I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.
    I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.
    I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

    For players who are progressing through the game content in chronological order, who have bought all of the expansions, all of the LWS episodes in between, is this content comparable to LW S1 in that it will no longer be available, so if you want to experience it, you have to do it on release?

    No as far as we can tell, only the global contribution events are time limited - ie the bonus tier rewards. The content itself will be permanent

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

    I have some Crystals left, should I trade them for boxes or exchange for Seals before next week?

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    I have some Crystals left, should I trade them for boxes or exchange for Seals before next week?

    There's no reason to hoard them that I can see

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    I have some Crystals left, should I trade them for boxes or exchange for Seals before next week?

    There's no reason to hoard them that I can see

    That's not what I meant, maybe I expressed myself badly.
    I mean, supposedly the Crystals merchant will leave next week, and the Ebon Vanguard one will arrive in its place. So Crystals will become useless except for exchanging them with the Seals merchant.
    So, should I trade Crystals now for the boxes of materials while the Crystals merchant is still here or should I exchange the for seals?
    The whole point is, the Boxes offer an immediate value in term of materials, while the Seals may become useful in the future if new item are added and many Seals are required to buy them, which of the 2 is better?

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

    @Zaraki.5784 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    I have some Crystals left, should I trade them for boxes or exchange for Seals before next week?

    There's no reason to hoard them that I can see

    That's not what I meant, maybe I expressed myself badly.
    I mean, supposedly the Crystals merchant will leave next week, and the Ebon Vanguard one will arrive in its place. So Crystals will become useless except for exchanging them with the Seals merchant.
    So, should I trade Crystals now for the boxes of materials while the Crystals merchant is still here or should I exchange the for seals?
    The whole point is, the Boxes offer an immediate value in term of materials, while the Seals may become useful in the future if new item are added and many Seals are required to buy them, which of the 2 is better?

    There is no right answer to it. The seals will likely be the permananent currency, but the exchange for them is less efficient. Personally I just exchanged them for supply boxes since there will likely always be ways to get seals and I like to hoard materials for future use. There is an argument that planning ahead now for some hypothetical reward later might mean investing in seals is a good thing.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • XYLO.7031XYLO.7031 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2020

    I will admit I saw this whole new page of masteries waiting to be obtained and was really happy. When I found out I could only get up to the second one and was forced to stop my progress. I researched and found that the next part in the story series was later as everyone has shared. I went into full sadface and logged off. Thank you for the sales, but I just won't be jumping on them like I have in years past. I cannot monetarily support this change. I had no problems with the previous living world season structure. This change wasn't ideal at least for me since we've been completely trained into the previous living world system with a new map, currency, story, events, etc. with each episode.

    Eponymously known as 'Tanya'
    Beetle Gymkhana @ Crimson Post Reset TT
    Home Course: Bloodtide Coast

  • @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    ...If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1....

    How is this going to work for new people that don't play this chapter until after Dec 1??

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ylthan.1693 said:
    So this wasn't a bug, it was bad by design, good to know.

    Basically this ^

  • Random Wax Orc.7695Random Wax Orc.7695 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

    So will there be an end of episode after the Ebon Vanguard event or is the green story prompt going to be there until well into next year? It doesn't sound like the episode is ending with more events in January, and having that green text in the corner throughout the holidays is just a non-starter.

  • @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thank you for the clarification! We as a COMMUNITY would really appreciate if there was more communication between each other. It helps so much.

  • Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    ...If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1....

    How is this going to work for new people that don't play this chapter until after Dec 1??

    I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones. The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.

    I am confused beyond belief.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020

    @Naxos.2503 said:
    I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones.

    It's the Asura right next to the Crystal Bloom Vendor that gives you the community event rewards, if you contributed during the event period.
    The Asura has a weird symbol over her head.

    The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.

    How did you even manage to do that?
    I thought the missions only unlock once you reach their story steps.

  • The story awards Crystal Bloom crystals and there is an achievement for buying a number of Crystal Bloom supply boxes. How could the Crystal Bloom crystal vendor be removed? Will players not apace with the LW buy CB boxes by converting the current alliance currency for the common currency at a worse rate? Will each group's box be moved to the common vendor?

    I still have my fingers crossed about DRM evolution but the studio has a proven track record choosing "clever" over interesting or engaging. Have they planned a "clever" way to create FOMO by playing 3 card monte with arbitrary earning efficiency mechanics? Right now the narrative design premise behind community events is incoherent and looks like a "clever" attempt at herding players. There is so much potential in the combination of DRMs and community events. Hopefully, the expansion is getting the fleshed out version and we just have to be patient as we work towards it.

    weathering's everything

  • Worst content ANET has ever put out. I don't know if because you are understaffed. Poor management. Poor Planning. But ANET has dropped the ball on the Ice brood Saga. I have guild members who are die hard GW2 fans... the disappointment they have for this 10 minutes of content is saddening. I've been here since launch. Played GW1. If you think I'm going to spend money on gems for kitten content. You are mistaken. Let Ryland deal with this mess... commanders going to go play some WoW.

  • Naxos.2503Naxos.2503 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Naxos.2503 said:
    I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones.

    It's the Asura right next to the Crystal Bloom Vendor that gives you the community event rewards, if you contributed during the event period.
    The Asura has a weird symbol over her head.

    The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.

    How did you even manage to do that?
    I thought the missions only unlock once you reach their story steps.

    That's the thing even, the NPC only allow me to ask about the Crystal Bloom, which prompt the NPC to give you a faction explanation, but nothing more.
    As for how I did the missions before the storyline, I went to the Eye of the North, and noticed I could just do them via the portal, so I figured they were two different things. I can now kind of guess I'm not gonna get any rewards then :p

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 27, 2020

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

    You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.
    The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

    I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.
    I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.
    I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

    Well you can buy the crystal bloom boxes for tyrian defence marks so yes you will be able to finish those achievements.

    @TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    ...If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1....

    How is this going to work for new people that don't play this chapter until after Dec 1??

    You buy anything you need with the tyrian defence marks instead of crystal bloom support marks.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Naxos.2503 said:

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @Naxos.2503 said:
    I did some missions, traded some stuff, and I dont even manage to find the NPC I'm supposed to go to in order to get what rewards we managed to get. There's just so many NPCs in there, and I'm pretty sure I tried all the Crystal Bloom ones.

    It's the Asura right next to the Crystal Bloom Vendor that gives you the community event rewards, if you contributed during the event period.
    The Asura has a weird symbol over her head.

    The only thing I can think of, is that I cannot collect, because I didn't do the storyline before doing the missions.

    How did you even manage to do that?
    I thought the missions only unlock once you reach their story steps.

    That's the thing even, the NPC only allow me to ask about the Crystal Bloom, which prompt the NPC to give you a faction explanation, but nothing more.
    As for how I did the missions before the storyline, I went to the Eye of the North, and noticed I could just do them via the portal, so I figured they were two different things. I can now kind of guess I'm not gonna get any rewards then :p

    Well did you trade 5 of the crystal bloom support marks for either 5 karma sips, 2 boxes+1 recipe/karma sip or 5 recipe from the crystal bloom vendor right next to the asura with wierd symbol over head?

    If you have and it dont sound like you have then you would get t1 t2 and t3 community box talking to the asura.

  • @Randulf.7614 said:

    @Stelawrat.6589 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Teratus.2859 said:

    @Cobalt Flame.8056 said:
    We apologize for the confusion around the timing of these two events. To clarify, there is a one-week gap between the conclusion of the Crystal Bloom event and the beginning of the next event. The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1. If you haven't received your rewards from the Crystal Bloom yet, be sure to collect them from their representative in Eye of the North before December 1. The Ebon Vanguard is the only other faction event for this release. There will be more faction updates with the next release, arriving after the Wintersdsay festival sometime in the new year. We will be communicating additional information on Faction Event timing in the coming weeks.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    I have to ask though, will anything from the crystal bloom event be missable? rewards, skins or achievements etc?
    Will these faction events go into some kind of rotation at a later date so people will be able to complete them if they miss them the first time around?

    You can buy every reward with tyrian defence marks.
    The achievements are tied to the drms not the faction, only thing the faction dailys did was give blue currency to advance the community goal bar.

    I'm pretty sure there is an achievement or two tied to each individual faction as well, that's why im curious.
    I'm just wondering if people who don't complete it now will not be able to later.
    I assume they will be I just wanted to be absolutely sure about it.

    For players who are progressing through the game content in chronological order, who have bought all of the expansions, all of the LWS episodes in between, is this content comparable to LW S1 in that it will no longer be available, so if you want to experience it, you have to do it on release?

    No as far as we can tell, only the global contribution events are time limited - ie the bonus tier rewards. The content itself will be permanent

    Thank you Randulf. o/

    You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
    Desiderata

  • Color me underwhelmed. This release was weak and adding in a new faction isn't going to change that - regardless when it escapes.

    I'm still waiting for one new thing feels at least as epic as the battle for Lions Arch from gw1. Unfortunately it feels like we're going the wrong direction.

  • @Blockhead Magee.3092 said:
    Color me underwhelmed. This release was weak and adding in a new faction isn't going to change that - regardless when it escapes.

    I'm still waiting for one new thing feels at least as epic as the battle for Lions Arch from gw1. Unfortunately it feels like we're going the wrong direction.

    Unfortunately, Arena.net does not listen to the community, does not listen and does not talk with it, and this is very sad.

  • I didn't participate in the global event this time around only because I was too busy IRL to take the time. Today is the first day I was able to do any of the Dragon Strike Missions at all. For me it was just a timing issue, not any kind of disappointment with the event.

  • Looks like this entire "episode" is going to be little more than "wash, rinse, repeat"----------------------how mundane and boring!!!!!! Great way to maintain interest in this product ANET!!!!!!

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    LIMITED TIMED CONTENT OH BOY

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.