there is something horribly wrong with pvp in gw2

Nihil.9817

as it stands, the only map with treb is khylo and thats very upsetting; every map should have a treb at the very least have khylo in every map rotation its such a good map with interesting ways you can approach team fights, especially with the treb.

going to make a sick treb montage soon.

@Khalisto.5780 said:Omg lol

Apart from djinns lamp treb is the worst secondary mechanics of all ranked maps

I feel like i lost when someone on my team goea treb

It’s just by nature that something that does nothing but do damage and only when it lands is gonna be used less. A good treb shot and good lamp capture can turn games, it’s just less and in fact not necessary to win matches.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

It’s just by nature that something that does nothing but do damage and only when it lands is gonna be used less. A good treb shot and good lamp capture can turn games, it’s just less and in fact not necessary to win matches.Treb is useful in bunker match ups where the sides are stalled and the mid fight is with supports, and it stalemates. So a few shots will force a decap with damage or the knockback. Maybe it should be Unblockable also though. Djin skills are just terrible all around the value of getting them is not that big, they don't increase the tempo like sword or shield would give on the coliseum and don't make you win like the bell ok skyhammer, so going into the room is just waste of time.

@Vancho.8750 said:

It’s just by nature that something that does nothing but do damage and only when it lands is gonna be used less. A good treb shot and good lamp capture can turn games, it’s just less and in fact not necessary to win matches.Treb is useful in bunker match ups where the sides are stalled and the mid fight is with supports, and it stalemates. So a few shots will force a decap with damage or the knockback. Maybe it should be Unblockable also though. Djin skills are just terrible all around the value of getting them is not that big, they don't increase the tempo like sword or shield would give on the coliseum and don't make you win like the bell ok skyhammer, so going into the room is just waste of time.

Nah the djinn is ez to get and can give you a window of relief and just like a treb shot it can a lot- as one of them can take 50% hp from everyone it hits and another rips all boons from enemies making it equally good for forcing a decap in bunker games and in some ways better than treb since every member gets one. I already explained that it’s used less becuz it 1 doesn’t give points or do really anything but damage if it hits- but that doesn’t make it useless.

@Highlie.7641 said:If They revert capicorn to the previous version you can have a cannon. and sharks, who doesn't like sharks...

wait there was sharks?it would be kinda cool if there was like a ff10 blitzball-esque map.

also whats up with the jump pads, why do they sometimes work, maps with alot of verticality seem dogshit, people who use verticality to escape the gape dont understand how easy it is to just get them to low and force fall damage on them for an insta kill

@Vancho.8750 said:

i dunno, the only situation i can see it helping is when there was a team fight and you lost a 1v1 and died, then your coming back and your team is in down state and they have at least one down, forcing them to not res and your team gets at least 1 rally, its way to easy to dodge and it takes forever to turn.

its way too slow, the counterplay is dont stand in bad, its not engaging, doesnt create new scenarios to attend to, and most classes are fast enough to get out of the way in time, if the bunker cant dip in and out of the shots they should just move somewhere else and let a real mans class like chrono take care of buisness , if there was some sick stuff with stuns and coms i could see it panning out it takes 5ish seconds for the treb shot to land and takes 5 years to turn the thing, as it stands just run condi and or boon rip; would you rather have someone who sits on treb for a minute shooting and praying they hit someone? or would you rather have them be focused down instead of you so you and your team could potentially get a pick, you literally can walk backwards out of the center of a treb shot, buff treb please, us treb mains get no love.

@Nihil.9817 said:as it stands, the only map with treb is khylo and thats very upsetting; every map should have a treb at the very least have khylo in every map rotation its such a good map with interesting ways you can approach team fights, especially with the treb.

Honestly I effing hate the treb. I feel like there's always some team mate who camps treb but for some magic reason is never attacking the points we're attacking/defending. Also with the sustain nerf, there are many cases where it's more valuable to have an actual player there helping instead of a 2v1 or 3v2 etc.

Yes this post is obviously a troll same Treb is in fact.You can try to find any benefit to using treb but if I am in the ennemy team, the second I see you going treb, I know it is 4 v 5 on the field, Treb is no threat, and I'll go for a 3 cap immediately. My only worry with this thread is having somebody taking it seriously ending up in my team.

• 3 months later...

@snoow.1694 said:Oh dear lord, no

Disagree. I feel this is a new & fresh exciting topic that we need to discuss.

@Nihil.9817

Suggestions for treb placements:

1. Legacy - Lord becomes vendor that sells all siege weapon types like in wvw, but sells them for shards of glory. Trebs being set on home nodes to bomb mid while defending home = gucci.
  2. Forest - When you defeat Svanir or Chief, they drop treb blueprints that can be used in the map. OR, once you defeat a beast it turns into an allied NPC and walks to your home node and builds a treb and begins using it.
  3. Temple - The old meditation shrines are replaced, but once you use them and finish the channel, they summon trebs with AI that move around and follow the person that summoned them like old Ranger spirits, and they fire at random opponents.
  4. Khylo - Blueprints for treb can be taken anywhere rather than just up the hill near spawns.
  5. Capricorn - Replace cannons near bell with actual wvw cannons that can be fired at bell, mid, or sides. This map is perfectly designed to be able to do this.
  6. Spirit Watch - When you successfully run an orb to a node, it builds a useable treb on that node.
  7. Skyhammer - Replace original SH that was usable to bomb nodes all game. It was better than a treb to begin with and much more fun than new SH.
  8. Coliseum - Replace Sword/Shield with trebs that you can drive around the map and position wherever you want. Health pool similar to Siege Golem.
  9. Djinn - Replace lamp with a treb that fires a raid boss like massive Djinn at a node. When he lands, he raid bosses the shit out of the opponents.

Game fixed. Thank you for your vision.

@Nihil.9817 said:as it stands, the only map with treb is khylo and thats very upsetting; every map should have a treb at the very least have khylo in every map rotation its such a good map with interesting ways you can approach team fights, especially with the treb.

Let me get this straight because i doubt i red it correctly. Of all the thousands of problems.............of all the tens of thousands balance issues plus the hundreds of thousands bots in pvp....... you came here to this forum and typed how every map should have a treb? Did you seriously do that? I really hope this is bait.