[Poll] Weapon for the next Engineer Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

@Cherubino XV.2384 said:Really... we need Rocket powered throwing daggers that's cool B) .If you want a more quiet version for a sneaky combat style we can throw the daggers with electromagnetic acceleration or directly throwing it through mini portals/ gates directly on the enemy body.For the various skills obviously we can attach whatever we want on the projectiles.You can use the concept to throwing anything... but throwing daggers is cool on engie and I liked the throwing spears of the paragons, or the axe throw of rangers or hammer throwing of the revenants...So why not.I know I'm saying this a lot lately, but, really, BEST IDEA EVER.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Cherubino XV.2384 said:Really... we need Rocket powered throwing daggers that's cool B) .If you want a more quiet version for a sneaky combat style we can throw the daggers with electromagnetic acceleration or
directly throwing it through mini portals/ gates directly on the enemy body.
For the various skills obviously we can attach whatever we want on the projectiles.You can use the concept to throwing anything... but throwing daggers is cool on engie and I liked the throwing spears of the paragons, or the axe throw of rangers or hammer throwing of the revenants...So why not.I know I'm saying this a lot lately, but, really, BEST IDEA EVER.

I have been greatly interested in the potential for Dagger to become a Range Weapon for Engineer since the theme for Engineer's weapons are modified weapons using technology. We see this in all their weapons from pistol using modified elemental bullets, Rifle modified to hand different types of ammo, Hammer modified with Electricity and Rocket Mod to meet a heavier force on a hit that normally require great strenght of a Warrior or Guardian, and Sword been modified with a Zephyr Sun Crystal modification to produce high heat energy for the sword to slice things easier.

Daggers can be modified with Electric modifications for high voltage on hits or produce high voltage range attacks or maybe modified with a modification that allows the dagger to become a long range projectile for range attacks.

It is all about how the weapon is modified to suite the combat needs for Enginner and the most common element used are fire and electricity due to these two things being key elements in create the tools Engineer use.

I am curious on the mechanics of a Daggers and/or Staff elite spec maybe.

I can see possibility of two Mechanics being a Main and Sub Mechanic.

A Main mechanic for Daggers and/or Staff could be the Unique Energy type system we expect on a Elite Spec that focus on empowering the Elite Spec's attacks, weapon skills, and/or utility skills.

A Sub-Mechanic I would greatly like to see is the introduction to Main Weapon Modification Mechanic where the Engineer Elite Spec is given 2 (or 3) new Weapon Skills per Slot thus making Engineer the First( and maybe only Profession) with the ability to modify their Main Weapon Skill set up. for each weapon.

For Example, Rifle Skill 1(aka Auto attack skill) can be given 2 new skills being a Explosive Power damage rount that explodes on impact (great for players who build their Profession around Explosive build) and a Melee Shotgun Blast skill that is Non-Projectile and cause Vulnerability Condition per hit (Great for players who always wanted a Melee Range Build for Rilfe on Engineer. Skill 2 (Net Shot) can now be chosen between this skill or the two new skills being a Explosive Spike Round (Cause Power damage on Impact then Spreads spikes in a area to cripple enemies in it) or a Electric Net (That Cuase Power Damage everytime a person Moves and attacks)

Staff or dagger function the same as well with them having 3 skills per weapon skill slot that the player must choose to use. However, they are given 3 different Weapon attack Combos (basically the 123 step Attack skills we normally see on Melee Weapons) for their Staff and/or Dagger Skill 1 with one being Medium Range Combo, one being Melee Range combo, and one being Ranged Combo.

This would be a interesting elite spec because it not only give players the choice to choose their main weapon but how they want to design their Main Weapon to Function. It would also fit into a Engineer's Main Weapon Elite Specialization because the it follows the concept that Engineers use their knowledge to modify their weapons for combat.

Staff for sure.

Staff #1: Lightning Rod (800 range) Channeled (3s) single target attack which shocks the enemy per second for 500 damage with a stream of electricity. At the end of the channel a small explosion occurs dealing 800 explosion damage as well as inflicting vulnerability and cripple for 4s on up to 5 nearby enemies within 100 units of target.

Staff #2: Arcing Cleave (Cone AOE) - Swing your staff from right to left dealing 1000 damage on up to 5 enemies within 200 units. Any allies within the radius are healed for 3000 and granted a 5 stack of might which lasts 6 seconds. 12 second cooldown.

Staff #3: Pole Vault (300 range) - Use your staff to pole vault into the air 300 units ahead. Upon landing, grant resistance, swiftness, protection, and fury onto yourself and up to 5 nearby allies for 6 seconds. 8 second cooldown. Combo Finisher: Leap

Staff #4: To The Touch - Cast an electrifying field on yourself for 5 seconds which applies Weakness to any enemy that hits you for 5 seconds and reduces incoming damage by 15% for the duration. At the end of the duration, the electrical field explodes violently dealing 1500 explosion damage within 400 units on up to 10 enemies as well as stunning them for 1.5 seconds. 20 second cooldown

Staff #5 Tesla Coil (400 units) - Stick your staff in the ground at your location for 10 seconds, granting vigor per tick, and curing 1 condition every 2 seconds to all allies within 400 units. All enemies within 400 units are zapped for 500 damage per tick. All other staff skills are disabled while this skill is active. Activate the skill again to end the effect at will. Utility, Healing,Toolbelt, and Elite skills can still be used at this time. 25 second cooldown. Combo Field: Water

• 4 weeks later...

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Iozeph.5617 said:Voted 'Other' because I didn't see 'Rifle' among the choices listed.

I'm not sure how to break it to you, but...umm....we...
may
...already...have rifle. Do you want them to give us another one or something?

@Iozeph.5617 said:Voted 'Other' because I didn't see 'Rifle' among the choices listed.

I'm not sure how to break it to you, but...umm....we...
may
...already...have rifle. Do you want them to give us another one or something?

I do t know about you, but I wouldn’t mind dual wielding rifles as an engineer.

Wait wait .. I got it. So Scrapper is Charr inspired. Holosmith is Asura inspired. We need a human inspired.
The weapon should be shortbow (because we don't have crossbows) and it should shoot clockwork robots. So damage on impact but then the 'arrow' bounces to the ground. They then transform into a robot and keep attacking it's target. If you fire enough 'arrows' the robots start to combine ... like the constructicons .. and start doing more damage. The special ability should be some sort of clockwork suit with its own skills (think necromancer shroud). So basically an engineers take on necromancer.I can't be the only one that wants to shoot clockwork robots at people...

@nopoet.2960 said:Wait wait .. I got it. So Scrapper is Charr inspired. Holosmith is Asura inspired. We need a human inspired.

Holosmith is Zephyr inspired Elite Spec. The Elona Engineer's found a way to use Zephyr Sun crystals as the power source for their tools which resulted in the creation of the Holosmith's Holo Projector and Holo Form.

From how Elite Spec are treated currently, each generation of Elite Spec is inspired by the Region they are from and not by Playable Race.

Generation 1 is based on Core Tyria Region and Generation 2 is based on Elona Region.

I'd like a Pet Style Elite where you get a bunch of little Golems that do 'Things'. Like duel purpose signet and pet where you don't have that much control over what they do, and the staff is used to buff and or co-ordinate them? Like your Heal Golem could run about patching up all allies nearby, but if you activate them they stick to a particular target? or explode into a burst of heal. While you wave your techno stick to conduct you little swarm of idiots, giving them a damage boost when attacking your chosen target, or a speed boost when chasing them down.

I think dagger main hand along with alchemist as the new title. mixing solvents and potions to get different effects, high power/condi or AoE heals/regen. Dagger main hand is fast, the conditions applied are bleed and torment from auto attack or 1 2 3 combo. I don't see staff... but maybe staff could offer a ranged attack like a sonic boom type deal + physical attack that leaves the enemy crippled/confused.

• 1 month later...

I think it would be nice if they made a spec that revisited the rifle, pistol, and shield skills. Kind of like the elementalist weaver spec revisits elementalist weapons, but have it really change things up. It wouldn't take as much effort as the weaver, because the base engineer only has a handful of weapon options. Have them focus on keeping distance rather than encouraging the engineer to get into mid to melee range.

The engineer lacks 1200 range skills outside of the rifle auto attack and mortar kit. Evading enemies isn't really what the current weapons support, even though many of our gadget and turret category skills try to encourage evasive strategies. Both pistols and rifles encourage being occasionally within mid range. We could use something that would without a doubt be a ranged weapon.

• 1 month later...

I honestly hope one day Engineer get a Weapon master Elite Spec that specializae in their Main Weapons while sacrificing their Kits because lore wise they took apart their Kits and use the parts to upgrade, modify, and create new means to use Main Weapons using their Engineering skills/talents to create new skills for the Rifle, Pistol, and Shield but also access to new weapons such as Staff, Focus (melee), Main Hand Shield/Dual Shield, Hammer (new skills separate from Scrapper), Dual Sword (separate skill from Holosmith), Dual Mace, Dual Sceptor (melee combat), Dual Focus, Greatsword, Shortbow, Dual Axe, and Longbow. Each Main Weapon's skills are modified to represent different Kits such as the Axe skills have alchemist chemicals and burning liquid to represent Elixir/Flamethrower kit, Shield skills and Focus Skills (main hand and new Offhand skills) represent Bomb/Tool Kit, new Rifle and Pistol skills represent a mix of Grenade/Mortar Kit

To go with this Weapon master Elite Spec, he Engineer can be the first Profession to use Dual Shields and Dual Focus due to the modifications they did to their Shield and Focus weapon using the Kit's parts. the passive effect for the Elite Spec can be that all Main Weapons now are considered Kits so all Kit Traits will work for the Main Weapon while Kits are turned into new Skills that represent what they are as Kits.

Some new idea I just thought up but I honestly am curious how people will react if the next Engineer's Elite Spec is a Two-Handed Sword/Greatsword Elite Spec that use a mechanic where the Main Weapon's 5 skills are changed based on mixing two Kits into the Main Weapon.

The Mechanic acts as a "Kit Mixer" Elite Spec that specialize in Main hand Weapon but uses Two Kits to determine the Main Weapon skills.

Players will not be able to use those two kits chosen for the Main Weapon Skills since the Engineer has taken apart these kits to modify their Main Weapon but in exchange the Main Weapon itself is now only given 5 new skills (or 3/2 new skills for Main/Off-hand) based on what Two Kits the player chosen to Mix together and the Main Weapon is now consider a Kit itself so all kit base Traits is active for it such as if Player use Flamethrower Kit mix with Bomb Kit the Juggernaut trait and Shor Fuse Trait will be active because the Main Hand weapon is considered a Flamethrower/Bomb kit by Juggernaut giving the player the trait effects and Short Fuse decreasing the Main Weapon's cooldown and cause each hit's explosion AoE range to be much bigger.

It would also be interesting what kind of new Weapon Skills would Two Kits mixer mechanic create for Rifle, Pistol, and Shield.