Hologram Stampede

@hugo.4705 said:I enjoyed a lot those events with holographic projectors even the dragon bash arena :D Good ideas, I love the arena kind of event with rounds that we can do all together, reward are cool too; now about stampedes:

The bad side:Plz.... make the spawned monsters of stampedes champion and not veterans or do something: I did the stampedes got zero credits. Does it requires activating projectors? It's IMPOSSIBLE it's just like WvW you have blobs of players on mount rekting them at the speed of sonic!! Have you thought about players without mounts or having a such lag they can't even mount?!! It's always the same that are favorised, mounted players with buffy pc.

Well, get a mount then. Why do you complain about active choices you made?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm complaining about the fact of not having credit. I have mounts, and I used them, the matter is they are blobs killing everything before peoples lagging/without mount could even reach them. Try riding a mount while lagging at a point you don't even charge the assets. Ask before misinterpreting.And that's impolite and horrific to say in regard of brand new players trying to do the event "go away, get a mount, your fault!" maybe it's the fault of those running around killing everything in one second nah?

@"Shaaba.5672" said:Normally, I'd agree with this sentiment for the most part. However, I feel that festivals are different. If they want to make challenging content with better loot, then make a Freezie type raid. Open world festival events should be fun and people not getting credit is not fun. I've played on my second account that doesn't have mounts and it's stressful trying to reach a hologram before the mob descends and destroys it.

I think the festivals are a perfect place to get people used to a higher participation threshold. They are the events that are highly trafficked by exactly this kind of player. As we can see in this thread, the general populace believes they are entitled to a high reward level during these events for minimal contribution.Your post itself highlights this attitude with the typical "it should just be easy non-stressful fun" rhetoric.The fact that the game coddles the player during these events is no different than when it does so during the personal story. These are the places where players get an inflated impression of their own abilities and end up coming onto the forums with posts like the OP, claiming "bad design" rather than doing a solid gut check and finding ways to contribute at a higher level.

PS: Freezie as "challenging content"?Come on now...

@Donari.5237 said:I'm not raid-tier and I had no problem on my Daredevil. It's just a swarm of holos (helps if the group clumps up in the middle to kill as many as possible for the damage buff) interspersed with holo versions of things like a vinewrath, ending with the Eye of Zhaitan. I've been in there just randomly with people, no spoken coordination, and prevailed every time.

Coincidentally I also did on my Daredevil, and it was easysauce. The Eye of Zhaitan is probably the only challenging boss of the lot, and of the waves of trash in between, only the holo abominations are a challenge because of their charge (which seems to hit you even if you're to the side of them).

I haven't yet done the 5-man instanced one though. I heard that one gets harder as the event gets on.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:PS: Freezie as "challenging content"?Come on now...

The amount of groups I saw fail spectacularly on Freezie was shocking. I ended up swapping to Blood Magic on my Scourge just help sustain everyone.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:The amount of groups I saw fail spectacularly on Freezie was shocking. I ended up swapping to Blood Magic on my Scourge just help sustain everyone.

I find this hard to believe. Not because I think you arent telling the truth. Because every night for a week I pugged that thing by tagging up and taking the first random group of 9 people on my LFG that said "NEWBIES WELCOME".Not once did I see a single fail or even struggle.I realize the forums at the time painted a different picture, but I figured that those were just memes to support arguments being made to nerf it.Anyways... things I've learned...shrugsLet's not derail this thread with talk about a different event though, I suppose.

@notebene.3190 said:

@notebene.3190 said:I'm getting credit for the events. My issue is how few kills I get each time. Around 9. I'll have to do 6 a day to get roughly 50 a day to be on a pace of completing 500 kills in 10 days. :/

I realize the event is longer than that, but I figured 10 days was a nice 'safety' goal. :)

Easy way to get the holo kills is go in the regular arena in Hoelbrak. I have 250 kills already, after doing 3 arenas and 3 stampedes.

Do you have to be very good to do the arena?

I just took a L20 character in and had no issues whatsoever (my char was upleveled to L80; but, of course, my gear was sub-L20). Finished the Daily, no problem.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@notebene.3190 said:I'm getting credit for the events. My issue is how few kills I get each time. Around 9. I'll have to do 6 a day to get roughly 50 a day to be on a pace of completing 500 kills in 10 days. :/

I realize the event is longer than that, but I figured 10 days was a nice 'safety' goal. :)

Easy way to get the holo kills is go in the regular arena in Hoelbrak. I have 250 kills already, after doing 3 arenas and 3 stampedes.

Do you have to be very good to do the arena?

I just took a L20 character in and had no issues whatsoever (my char was upleveled to L80; but, of course, my gear was sub-L20). Finished the Daily, no problem.

Yeah, I've been doing it a bit the past few days since I read some of the first responses. It's really fun, and relatively easy. Fast to get back in if you die, repair person right there. Lots of loot. Fun event.

Another reason why powercreep is unhealthy for the game.While I managed to get the credit for the events done I somehow got none one time for the achievment involving the 3rd round despite participating in a high amount. I feel sorry for everyone suffering from this issue and I hope that the problem will be adressed as soon as possible. <3 I mean, they changed the Joko invasion events too later because of the same issue as far as I remember, right?

@Cynder.2509 said:Another reason why powercreep is unhealthy for the game.While I managed to get the credit for the events done I somehow got none one time for the achievment involving the 3rd round despite participating in a high amount. I feel sorry for everyone suffering from this issue and I hope that the problem will be adressed as soon as possible. <3 I mean, they changed the Joko invasion events too later because of the same issue as far as I remember, right?

Not an issue of powercreep, but of mob scaling, or lack thereof. This is always what happens when we have special events that draw in a huge swath of players (which is the goal btw). Remember all those hyperbolic complaints about the Pinata dying in 1 second during the meta blitz? During the event the maps were full, and that poor choya loot container died in about 6 seconds. Day after the event was over, the event is more populated than before the blitz thanks to the addition of the heroic chest, but when it's only 20 players wailing on it, the Pinata takes a bit longer to die.

Point is, you get to a full map for an event like this, you will see mobs getting deleted. If you had half the number of people there though, say only 5-6 per hologram node, nobody would be complaining about anything.

TLDR : the event is too successful. Once the early tryhards have the AP and the coffers are selling for 15s (so, Monday?) watch and see the difference. Won't be any complaints about not getting credit due to lack of tagging.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

TLDR : the event is too successful. Once the early tryhards have the AP and the coffers are selling for 15s (so, Monday?) watch and see the difference. Won't be any complaints about not getting credit due to lack of tagging.

But what's the point of earning AP and getting achievements done if not on day 1? :PThose are worthless if not obtained as fast as possible. That's where you can see truly skilled players: those that get hard to obtain things done as fast as possible so they can show off newest rewards as fast as possible. ;)You take longer for something = you struggle = you're not all too skillfullThat's also why it's considered a big accomplishment when getting everything in a new raid wing done on the first clear when it's just released. It'd be boring otherwise and since everyone (almost every veteran) is complaining about this game having no challenges you have to make those yourself. ^^

Hmm I just found something and it may explain my issue, are each stampede only doable once a day per character/account? Just noticed that I have gold medal and no rewards for shiverpeaks.

What I'm sure too is that pinatas are limited, once the limit is reached, no more candies drop.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:This is the most poorly designed event I've seen in GW2.

And yet the same thing happens every night it's Metrica event completer for the daily.Ask yourself why one complains.

Could it be all these people struggling to tag mobs in these events are the ones out there nuking down mobs in newbie zones with little concern for the people trying to level?

@Warlord.9082 said:

Is this festival advertized as PoF owners only? I never saw such a statement. I think is for GW2 players. So, why the need of a mount? AAAA - understand. To get over the design flaws of an event. Pff - I don't think displaying a poor quality event is a good reason for someone to buy your product.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:

I think the festivals are a perfect place to get people used to a higher participation threshold. They are the events that are highly trafficked by exactly this kind of player. As we can see in this thread, the general populace believes they are entitled to a high reward level during these events for minimal contribution.Your post itself highlights this attitude with the typical "it should just be easy non-stressful fun" rhetoric.The fact that the game coddles the player during these events is no different than when it does so during the personal story. These are the places where players get an inflated impression of their own abilities and end up coming onto the forums with posts like the OP, claiming "bad design" rather than doing a solid gut check and finding ways to contribute at a higher level.

PS: Freezie as "challenging content"?Come on now...

HM - it seems that the players are the main fault, as usual. Let's see (this is valid for common players, the elite are not included):

• We have the raids - high difficult content.
  • We have fractals - difficult content. CM's even difficult
  • We have personal story. Until now at a reasonable difficulty level. The requests is to make it harder, to "help" the players to merit to earn their rewards outside the story.
  • We have festivals. Until now the festivals were for GW2 players. From what I understand now, by reading the opinions from this debate, this festival is for PoF owners only. But, until now the festivals were fumy, with a moderate difficulty level. Now we have the request to make them harder, in order to "help" the players to .... earn their rewards.
  • ..... etc

Finally, we have ANet statements regarding GW2 - "this is a casual friendly game."

As a note - can I ask you where is the skill level required to tag some mobs? Do you really thing that a person cannot even get participation in an event under normal circumstances because of the lack of skill?

In my opinion the circumstances are not normal - but not because of the skill level of the players, but because of a bad design (mostly the scaling) of the event.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

Is this festival advertized as PoF owners only? I never saw such a statement. I think is for GW2 players. So, why the need of a mount? AAAA - understand. To get over the design flaws of an event. Pff - I don't think displaying a poor quality event is a good reason for someone to buy your product.

So you would prefer the devs limit their design of future content to accommodate players unwilling to buy the latest expansion? IMO, owners of Core-only should be grateful they are allowed to log into the game (GL with that playing any other MMO of which I'm familiar) and F2P players don't get a say because, again, they should be grateful they are allowed to log into the game without having to spend any $$$.

Honestly I am a bit fatigued with this argument that because those who only own the core game don't have access to the features of the latest expansion, that it is somehow wrong for the latest content to include those features.

Dragon's Bash 2013 didn't have the Dragon Stampede event, nor the Dragon Bash Rally, so anyone playing the 2013 edition of GW2 has fair access to the festival as it existed when the core game was all that was available.

For anything else, they should open up their wallet and update to the latest version.

@hugo.4705 said:Plz.... make the spawned monsters of stampedes champion and not veterans or do something: I did the stampedes got zero credits.

While I agree that the mobs are too many and die too quickly, I advise you to try go anywhere your squad is not going to ensure you get credit for at least a handful of kills. Wait some place else, look at the mini map once the event spawns, use waypoints.

I was having trouble getting credit too, but then I started intentionally waypointing to the map a minute or 2 after the stampede started. This usually makes it so I end up with a map with fewer people on it, but enough to clear them pretty fast still. I may miss the first wave, but I consistently get credit for the whole event and more loot from mobs since I'm actually able to tag them. I also try to WP around the map to places with numerous nearby projectors.You have to pay attention to what map is next though, cause if you're going late the event info thing will say where the next stampede in 15 more minutes will be.

I've only done a couple of stampede events so far but I was able to get credit simply by making no attempt at all to follow a group. I picked a waypoint in a corner of the map then when it started I went to the closest holoprojectors, which were out the way of where everyone else was going so I had them to myself for a while. I actually had the opposite problem - I was on my engineer who I haven't played for a while and I'm obviously more out of practice than I thought because the holograms downed me a couple of times until someone else showed up to help.

I can definitely see how if you're running with a big group it would be difficult to get credit because they will die very quickly, but I suspect that's part of the design because it seems like this event is intended to get people to spread out and fight as many different holoprojectors as they can at once, instead of all going around in one big zerg.

I am still not getting credit for everyone. Last night the 5th one didnt credit the 3rd and 4th did. And yes i hit the mobs and killed them, at some projectors me and a guildie were the only ones there. So its buggy and i cant figure out how to make it credit since im doing what you are supposed to do.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@hugo.4705 said:Plz.... make the spawned monsters of stampedes champion and not veterans or do something: I did the stampedes got zero credits.

While I agree that the mobs are too many and die too quickly, I advise you to try go anywhere your squad is
not
going to ensure you get credit for at least a handful of kills. Wait some place else, look at the mini map once the event spawns, use waypoints.

Yay thanks for the advice, will follow it. I think I will put myself already on an holo somewhere to be sure to have one... Yesterday a commander tagged up asking everyone to follow him, but hey nobodies listened. So it's the hype, have to find some hard to reach spots. Also yeah the timer encourage the peoples to split as Danikat said.

Stampedes are actually the worst part of this seasonal event. I just returned to the game (stopped back then end of 2013) - and it seems there is a lot of zerging and/or event farming in certain maps. And I play still without the expansions on the available maps. I guess the daily event completer also is the same for everone at a certain day - making huge groups zerg those maps?

Feels much better to have an average amount of people on the map. (Not too many, not too much.)

For stampede and getting credit: Just wait in a safe zone - you you are out of combat and can port. Then port to the nearest WP to some projectors that are away from the zerg. Should be enough to get gold event medal even without mount. At least for me it was easy like that. Once I finish all the necessary stampedes I'll ignore those. Might do arena a bit more than needed since it is a lil bit fun at least.

@Zuldari.3940 said:I am still not getting credit for everyone. Last night the 5th one didnt credit the 3rd and 4th did. And yes i hit the mobs and killed them, at some projectors me and a guildie were the only ones there. So its buggy and i cant figure out how to make it credit since im doing what you are supposed to do.

Are you condi or power? I noticed with my necro I got way less credit compared to my power rev. Still got it but the condi ticks are too low I guess to get lots of drops.

Stephane Lo Presti said:

-The event participation awarded per enemy in the Hologram Stampede has been increased.-Fixed an issue that caused players to be defeated when entering the Dragon Arena if a round was active.-Fixed a bug that caused the Stampede Survivor achievement to stop progressing for a day after players completed the tier-3 Hologram Stampede ten times.

So, I was right, stampede progression and the fact of being dead when entering the arena was bugs. Thanks a lot for the fix. It's now working well.As some said yay maybe scaling up but for me it's okay now.