Gunblade theories?

Lonecap.4105

So it looks like the Warrior elite concept art is sporting some big gauntlets which have what appears to be bullets fixed to them. We also see our pistol here but there’s a catch - it’s a gunblade! 

I wonder how this will work with skins? Perhaps the sheathe is more of visual FX of the spec?

I gotta say I’m intrigued in a good way.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Im convinced the gloves are the guns and the sword is the special mechanic. We probably lose access to F1 abilities and gain access to a new weapon to summon and use, like Ryland did in the story.

If i am correct on the gungloves, then how on earth is this going to look on non glove looking guns?
I mean it could be quite cool thrusting your gun/fist forward and firing mid 'punch' almost looking like a wild west shootout.

Edited by Smoosh.2718

Not really a huge fan of kit type gameplay/holoforge/shroud/whatever personally, but I saw someone reply in the tweet that maybe this one is demonstrating MH Pistol/OH sword, and the gunblade is a combo of some sort.

That'd probably be really weird for any of the other offhands visually, but stealing thief combo attacks would be cool because I hate that class and don't want them to have anything.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hear me out now. We are getting a pistol that requires offhand sword. Then we take the sword, jam it in the barrel, and have a 2 handed gun blade that shoots swords. 2 handed pistol confirmed. I think my logic on this is pretty flawless. 

Edit: Also it look less really cool. 

Edited by oscuro.9720
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Hear me out now. We are getting a pistol that requires offhand sword. Then we take the sword, jam it in the barrel, and have a 2 handed gun blade that shoots swords. 2 handed pistol confirmed. I think my logic on this is pretty flawless. 

Edit: Also it look less really cool. 

Could be a pistol with a bayonette 😄

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Looks like he's about to draw a sword in is main hand. This really worries me that it's going to be an off-hand pistol only. I'm reserving judgement until I see it, but I'll be disappointed if there isn't some sort of spammy mid range attack to use. I wanna finally have some counterplay against all the kiters

I don't know, it might be that the gloves are the mechanic. Press F2 to shoot an instant cast round off during another action on a short CD.

As I said in the gimmick thread.

F1, F2, F3 are 'weapon kits'

F1: Gunblade close range

F2: Fistols mid range 

F3: Artillery Long (1500) range

Equipping the kits executes an attack, each attack in the kit counts as a T1 burst. They have no CD or very little CD between equips. Adrenaline no longer decays out of combat, using skills in the kit cost adrenaline, but can be regained while in the kit (things like Furious or Merciless Hammer).

Gunblade hits twice on each attack and grants extra ferocity.

Fistols hit twice on each attack and grants extra precision.

Artillery hits once, but for big deeps and grants extra power.

The trait line paths will focus on one kit each (top is gunblade, mid is fistols, bottom is artillery).

MH pistol as it is themed that you clip it onto a blade for the gunblade.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

If it's a gunsword I'd like to have two auto attacks #1 melee and #5 ranged so I could Ctrl + Rclick the one I want to be default.

Since it's a gun focused spec I'd expect that mechanics have something to do with ammo skills and faster recharging. Could be really fun for a rifle and bow as well.

6 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Im convinced the gloves are the guns and the sword is the special mechanic. We probably lose access to F1 abilities and gain access to a new weapon to summon and use, like Ryland did in the story.

If i am correct on the gungloves, then how on earth is this going to look on non glove looking guns?
I mean it could be quite cool thrusting your gun/fist forward and firing mid 'punch' almost looking like a wild west shootout.

That was my first through too, but in second thought the stow and draw animations, as well as having the gungloves (guntlets?) resting on the hips would all look pretty weird. Unless they make new tech and animations were the guntlets are always on, but that's legendary weapon territory. 

On the other hand, I'm sure engineers would be pretty hyped for gungloves even with wonky animations.

10 hours ago, RabbitUp.8294 said:

That was my first through too, but in second thought the stow and draw animations, as well as having the gungloves (guntlets?) resting on the hips would all look pretty weird. Unless they make new tech and animations were the guntlets are always on, but that's legendary weapon territory. 

On the other hand, I'm sure engineers would be pretty hyped for gungloves even with wonky animations.

In FFXIV some of the monks weapons skins stay on the hand and replace the current gloves equiped.

I wouldnt quite say its legendary weapon territory, as you're losing the ability to have other gloves on by using them.

Gungloves would look amazing on the flame shot from Pistol offhand for engineer i must say.

I have two guesses;

This is either a photon forge mode that changes your weapon skills into this GUNBLADE mode.

Or when Arenanet said "we are breaking old rules when it comes to weapons on elite specs", this is one of them and warriors get offhand pistol AND this is the first spec that changes core weapon skills and it changes 1H sword skills when you have this elite spec equipped.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mortrialus.3062 said:

I have two guesses;

This is either a photon forge mode that changes your weapon skills into this GUNBLADE mode.

Or when Arenanet said "we are breaking old rules when it comes to weapons on elite specs", this is one of them and warriors get offhand pistol AND this is the first spec that changes core weapon skills and it changes 1H sword skills when you have this elite spec equipped.

Ngl that would be refreshing.

I hope we get two pistols still. If the espec is nerfed into unfun mode before a year is up, we'll at least still be able to play as a cowboy or doom slayer with pistols/rifle.

I'm also curious about the animations we'll be getting. Since Anet rarely adds new ones, so I wonder which animation set we'll get and from which class. I was disappointed by thief animations last time. Here's hoping we're going to get cool looking animations.

• Like 1

Tbh i think the class mechanic could be like an adrenal attunement that changes your weaponskills when activated.

Like overloading your weapons to change their function.

Pistol could be ranged at first but goes melee when overloaded or GS bcomes more single target oriented insted of cleave and hammer goes into AoE and becomes more condition oriented etc.

They could do lots with this concept. Even just dual weaponskills could be really cool.

• Like 1

How about this: Warrior gets 3 Weapon Slots.

1 for Mainhand, 1 for Offhand, 1 for Pistol.

Since he doesnt have 3 arms the pistol skin is overridden by the Gauntlet Skin.

And Weapon Skills 3, 4 and 5 get additional pistol effects, for example 3 could shoot an additional bullet, 4 could be an additional stun and 5 could be a fireshot or something like that.