Anet. You did the same mistake you did with Plush Primordius with your newly created Plush Kralky.

hugo.4705

At this point, it is a real joke and an insult. You are able to design plushies as Aurene Plush , Quaggan Plush or Charr Plush as the Trading Post Gemstore is showing. But that new one you just added to Festival rewards vendor in queens gauntlet, tab "fabulous reward" is AGAIN AN ACCESSORY, AND NOT A BACKPACK LIKE IT SHOULD BE. It is a total scam that doesn't even have an unique appearance!

Really, get Primordius Plush and Krlaky Plush fixed! Remove those jokes items and readd them as backpacks! I question the logic behind the designs and makes me more and more afraid for the incoming EOD expansion! Really, a big disapointment it is no fun and ruin the purpose of the item! It feels rushed and not caring about anything. At least, give them an unique appearance! 😢

https://imgur.com/GVl0n3E

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

• hugo.4705 changed the title to Anet. You did the same mistake you did with Plush Primordius with your newly created Plush Kralky.

I concur....rewards are the motivation to do almost all content in any game ever beyond just experiencing it.

When its nothing but pure RNG, or a throw away idea ( like these plushies) its pretty insulting because of all the things us gamers who support this game want is just some more novelty in the game. This isn't asking for a lot.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2021 at 12:07 PM, Pifil.5193 said:

I'm wondering if they will add plush Mordremoth, plush Zhaitan, plush Jormag and then add a collection that awards something that is visible? These plush accessories seem so pointless!

Why would the majority of players even get one when they probably already have Ascended gear and even if they don't they might not need that STAT combo. Lots of Trinkets are fixed to what they are and many can't be ever changed.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, Pifil.5193 said:

I'm wondering if they will add plush Mordremoth, plush Zhaitan, plush Jormag and then add a collection that awards something that is visible? These plush accessories seem so pointless!

They're functional accessories, so they do have a point and they cost festival tokens to get.  Just because, they don't have an appealing appearance does not make them pointless.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

Seeing as you can get a stat selectable one from a LW season they're pretty pointless, even more so when the season ones are easy to get

7 hours ago, reapex.8546 said:

They're functional accessories, so they do have a point and they cost festival tokens to get.  Just because, they don't have an appealing appearance does not make them pointless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, caveslug.5934 said:

Seeing as you can get a stat selectable one from a LW season they're pretty pointless, even more so when the season ones are easy to get

Sure, if people like doing that content.  If not there are other ways, this another way. 
So, while its pointless to you doesn't mean it's pointless to others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, reapex.8546 said:

Sure, if people like doing that content.  If not there are other ways, this another way. 
So, while its pointless to you doesn't mean it's pointless to others.

It has fixed stats, its literally just one accessory of one stat combo that can't be changed. We're talking about a use case scenario here of maybe 1% of players who did the Festival, and that's probably being generous. I'm all for more items being added to the game but this one literally wasn't worth the dev effort to add it.

Even if someone were to buy these trinkets, they wouldn't be able to get any that match it without playing LWS making it useless. Stat-selectable or some other quirk would've been much more useful.

Plus you don't have to "do the content". Like most Path of Fire and LWS4 stats (and unlike HoT/LWS3 stats), Diviner's is available directly from the vendor in Thunderhead Peaks for Laurels.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2021 at 9:00 PM, Hannelore.8153 said:

It has fixed stats, its literally just one accessory of one stat combo that can't be changed. We're talking about a use case scenario here of maybe 1% of players who did the Festival, and that's probably being generous. I'm all for more items being added to the game but this one literally wasn't worth the dev effort to add it.

Even if someone were to buy these trinkets, they wouldn't be able to get any that match it without playing LWS making it useless. Stat-selectable or some other quirk would've been much more useful.

Plus you don't have to "do the content". Like most Path of Fire and LWS4 stats (and unlike HoT/LWS3 stats), Diviner's is available directly from the vendor in Thunderhead Peaks for Laurels.

I never said, it wasn't fixed stats. What I stated was, it's not pointless nor useless. Also, using arbitrary percentage numbers does not automatically make them accurate.

Edited by reapex.8546
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

The item is useful for those that have a desire for an ascended trinket of opportunity.  It's also for those who just like collecting things.  

It is not insulting to the player base.  If you take it as a personal insult, well there's really nothing to say to that.  That's how you personally feel.

Whenever someone posts quantitative information without citation, it's not credible.  It's not a good basis for an argument because it has no validity (citations point to sources of validation).

So I'm going to skip over all of that, as an invalid premise results in invalid conclusions.

I really don't care for plushy stuff in the game, but I can see the desire for the plushy item to be an actual cosmetic for the characters.

Personally, I really want all plushy items to be actual real world plushy items to collect.  If ArenaNet had a division towards alternate revenue streams for their intellectual property outside of their software development, they could definitely do this.  However, they don't have such a team that I am aware of and it is outside of their core competency, so outsourcing is the way to go.

Back to in-game stuff.

While I can understand the desire for the plushy trinkets to be actual cosmetics, I do not understand why resort to hyperbole is necessary.  ArenaNet did not insult the player base just because you personally dislike something.

Just because you, personally, have no use for something doesn't mean no one else does as well.  Making up numbers to try to make the point isn't helping.

A good case to make is:

ArenaNet, I'd like the plushy trinkets to be actual cosmetic items.

There is nothing wrong with that statement, and there may be a lot more others who feel the same way.  You don't need to resort to hyperbole or claims of fictitious facts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/5/2021 at 2:36 AM, hugo.4705 said:

At this point, it is a real joke and an insult. You are able to design plushies as Aurene Plush , Quaggan Plush or Charr Plush as the Trading Post Gemstore is showing. But that new one you just added to Festival rewards vendor in queens gauntlet, tab "fabulous reward" is AGAIN AN ACCESSORY, AND NOT A BACKPACK LIKE IT SHOULD BE. It is a total scam that doesn't even have an unique appearance!

Really, get Primordius Plush and Krlaky Plush fixed! Remove those jokes items and readd them as backpacks! I question the logic behind the designs and makes me more and more afraid for the incoming EOD expansion! Really, a big disapointment it is no fun and ruin the purpose of the item! It feels rushed and not caring about anything. At least, give them an unique appearance! 😢

https://imgur.com/GVl0n3E

Lately, everything is just sub par at best. The fear for EoD is real (Underlined in quote).

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1

I'd also like these to be cosmetics and was quite disappointed to see that they weren't. Please finish the set if possible and release them as skins.

If you're stumped for how to render Mordremoth, either release him as an excellent shoulder boa or coil him up with a zippered mouth to get a backpack shape. I can't think of anyone I associate with who wouldn't enjoy wearing the jungle dragon around their neck like one of those cheap prize snakes from a theme park (could also do for Bubbles and Zhaitan - it would make a lovely scarf with dangling tentacle bits).

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 8:44 PM, caveslug.5934 said:

Considering that you also can sell those Cobs on TP and get Gold instead. It is even more pointless as there are other ways to get the same attributes and no visual effect (which would compensate at least for being an "unique" item).

• 4 weeks later...

I dont understant why they didnt do that in the first place... I mean its logical that if we are spending huge ammounts of resources for them, it should at the very least display a plush version of them on our character.

Maybe to appear arround the waist of the character? or yea as a backbling ANYTHING instead of just an ascended item with a unique image and nothing else. 

Edited by Zauriel Mooncat.4968
  • Like 1