DirectX 11 Graphics Issues

On 10/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, Vile Vials.6543 said:

Im having the same problems i had from last patch. I closed the game a couple minutes short of update in anticipation of a patch. after 11am central time i opened up my regular launcher and launcher auto closes. i tried several different commands, -dx9, -repair, nothing worked. I deleted the .dat file, still, nothing worked. I totally uninstalled the game and deleted all folders and went to do a fresh install and now the game installer launcher is doing the same exact thing. Opens for 1 or 2 seconds then closes out. Please help. This is my day off work and this is beyond frustrating.

Once again, gw launcher will automatically close. I was playing the game when it updated, went to make a character and it only allowed me to select warrior ele and revenant, so i was like," guess i have to restart the game. Closed guild wars 2 and double clicked my launcher only for it to immediately close. I have NO addons. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me. It happens every signle time there is a beta. Last time i deleted the game and tried re-installing it only for the installation launcher to do the same kitten thing.

Is there something wrong with the scaling for anyone else?

DX11 on: https://i.imgur.com/mVKpcpM.jpg

DX11 off: https://i.imgur.com/9lPN9nQ.jpg

My desktop is running at 4K, and my nvidia scaling settings are set to integer, which usually makes 1920x1080 look crisp. With DX11 though, it's blurry.

Edited by erapago.4387

All the PvE content I have done so far after last night's patch has shown no signs of the previous texture issues.😃

No crashes, either, thus far. 👍 (Will test WvW later.)

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro 20H2
ASRock Z490 Extreme 4
OctalCore Intel i7-10700K
GeForce RTX 2070 Super OC Evo

Edit: Crashes still occur. Texture issues, too (had clustered weapon effects on occasion). 😞

Edited by Ashantara.8731

This may be another Windows 7 problem, after the purple boxes were fixed

Since the patch yesterday, with dx11 enabled, most text has lost its dark outline/drop shadow, this makes it very hard to read against certain colours

All nameplates including interactable objects

The event/content guide in the top right corner

All text in the hero panel ( less noticeable as the hero panel is mostly dark)

In-game clock

Looted items that pop up on the right side of the screen are NOT effected and the text still has its shadow

Chat also still has a shadow

Text is normal with dx11 disabled

Edited by ekkue.3754
  • Like 1

Game is running over 60-120fps compared to 20-90 fps after enabling dx11.

So far no crashes. The text is somewhat more transparent and soft on the player's name tag for whatever reason.

win7 sp2 / intel i5 quad core / radeon RX 570 series / 16gb ram

Edited by Heron.6859

I don't attempt to use DX11 in WvW anymore, as I've still had crashes in open world. Particularly during a meta when then are lots of people around. When I do play around with DX11, it's pretty smooth! Just can't have the crashing when it's most important. Will continue to send my crash reports.

Edit: Also still having some weird texture issues with the Vermillion Wings backpack and the Starry raptor - colors showing a particle red when they should be celestial white (what I have them dyed to).

MSI RTX 3070

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Windows 10 Pro

Edited by TINYTANK.5241

Here is a screen shot of the transparency name label on players and objects.

I think it's missing the black stroke on the fonts, only the fill was rendered.

https://imgur.com/Sm0bRv6https://imgur.com/Sm0bRv6

Below with dx11 turned off, you can see the text has a black stroke and the fill opacity at 100%.

https://imgur.com/WdxOCYU  (dx11 off)

https://imgur.com/dcZM2xQ    (dx11 on)

Edited by Heron.6859

Welp, I thought the vertex issue had been fixed because I couldn't reproduce reliably or even remotely consistently. And all of the texture issues were no longer reproducing aside from dye channel problems.

NOPE. And I found two near to 100% reproduction test case. Finally.

Steve and Drakkar.

But when it only happens when fighting Steve, and it happens 9 out of 10 Steve fights? It's Steve. Which also obviously makes it a difficult variable to control. But thanks to the power of obsessive ToT bag farming, I was able to isolate it.

Fighting Steve and Hollowed Gourdbinder at the same time for over 5 minutes, absolutely no problems. Gourdy dies, the corpse despawns, near INSTANT crash. Viscount and Steve, switch focus to Steve, and crash. Group composition, group size, character I'm playing, none of that changes things. But sometimes, sometimes Steve doesn't crash.

Drakkar though? Drakkar is a 100% always consistent you will die crash rate. Within 30-45 seconds of a wall emergency or 10 seconds of the floor stomp, I crash. Every time. I can reproduce more or less at will.

So what we thought was fixed, is not, and needs bumped to the absolute top of the stack. It's breaking two world bosses already, and those are just the two I've tested. How many more are broken the same way that nobody's noticed?

• Like 2

I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times already, but this thread has by now 13 pages and I don't know where to look to find the answer I need.

I run the game under windows 10 and nothing comes after launcher, not even the login windows. I have tried to add  "-dx9" in command line, but it didn't solve the problem. Is there a fix?

Thanks for feedback

Edited by Dreamy Lu.3865
piece of sentence lost and re-added

THE NEW PC:

Ryzen 9 5900x 12c/24t / Corsair H150i Elite Cappellix AIO / Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme/ G-SKill Trident Z Neo 4x8G DDR4-3600 16-16-16-36-1T / Samsung 980 PRO 1T NVMe / 2~ EVGA RTX 2070 Super + ROG NvLink in SLI mode/ Dell U3011 2560x1600 30" Monitor (DisplayPort) / Phanteks Enthoo Elite case/ ROG THOR 1200W PSU/ Windows 11 pro 64b/ Corsair K95/ Logitech G502 Hero/ Klipsch 2.1 speaker. 

some parts are listed to indicate software: Asus Aura Sync: Corsair ICUE, Logiitech G-Hub, Windows 11 Pro 64b, Nvidia WHQL drivers. All are up to date.

THE BUGS:

~ Gamma slider doesn't work at all: sliding the gamma setting changes nothing. it has no effect. (but will show the proper changes in DX9)

~ glowing skins (like the balthazar hound warclaw skin or legendary trinkett orbs) will sometimes cause large rapid lighting artifacts, like a continuous concert lightshow. (this can sometimes be mitigated / lessened by temporarily changing maps, then returning..)

~ occasionally skins are placed on wrong objects (like the desert sand on red borderland will show wooden structure skins) (i can sometimes mitigate / lessen this by map hopping like above)

~ occasional random BGFX errors that cause game crash. (and the ANET error message asking for a report, which i send)

THE PROS

~ (using -dx11 commandline tag) DX11 improves framerates on the 12 core / 24 thread CPU by a considerable margin. IE: at 2560 x 1600 resolution and everything set to max. (particle counts, ultra settings where can do, highest everything) , running around in a havoc group of about 10-20 players, the game will run around 100 frames per second or higher, dipping down to about 50-60 in zerg fights. running solo, i usually see 150-200 fps. 

~ for comparison, turn off DX11, i see about 60-80 fps in a group of 10-20players, dipping down to about 40 fps in zerg fights.

and for zerg fights, i mean: in the neighborhood of 50 v 50 or larger numbers in the fight.

Firstly, I am win 7 user and after the last patch I finally started to use dx11. All the text has no borders but would just to add I really like it since the text blends better with the environment so if you would add this as an option, this would be great.

Secondly I notice that over play time some textures become corrupted. Instead of the right textures I get strange artifacts or nothing at all (hard to tell, maybe it's just black texture). A few examples are sharur footsteps, t3 keeps and towers walls, catapults. This is happening to me in WvW but I have been mostly playing WvW. 

22 hours ago, Dreamy Lu.3865 said:

I'm sorry if this question has been asked many times already, but this thread has by now 13 pages and I don't know where to look to find the answer I need.

I run the game under windows 10 and nothing comes after launcher, not even the login windows. I have tried to add  "-dx9" in command line, but it didn't solve the problem. Is there a fix?

Try this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/102067-guide-dx11-update-quick-troubleshooting/

Edited by Ashantara.8731
Link wasn't parsed, had to add the target manually...

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
Installed Ram: 32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
GPU: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home

Tried DirectX 11 when the beta first started and twice more since then. The last time was the day before yesterday. At no time did I see any noticeable improvements in the graphics or in the loading screen times. All three times DirectX 11 ran okay for a few minutes then started lagging badly, degenerating down to the level of stop motion video, until it froze up completely. As the same thing happened all three times, whatever fixes you may have tried since first launching this beta showed no discernable improvement on my machine. So far, DirectX 11 is worse than useless for me. It is a complete game breaker.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 1