Make skyscales mandatory

13 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Stopped reading at: "it only took me a few weeks".

That is an insane grind.

well you know rewards require effort. should you get a skyscale with no effort ? i would think thats a very bad game design and invalidates the effort of all those who did put in time and effort.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bingus.4236 said:

You don't "need" a guide to do it, it just makes it quicker. 

I enjoyed the game when it was fun exploring and getting those achievements naturally as rewards.

But recently many stuffs in the game is either very grindy, or you spend more time looking or reading the guide instead of play and having fun.

Lossing guides like dulfy or others make the game a frustrated experience.

Even with LFG, this game looks dead for anything out of doing meta.

I spent hours looking for group to do dragon response missions achievements, just because they are private instance and some of them are not soloable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

55 minutes ago, Alarm.7286 said:

I enjoyed the game when it was fun exploring and getting those achievements naturally as rewards.

But recently many stuffs in the game is either very grindy, or you spend more time looking or reading the guide instead of play and having fun.

Lossing guides like dulfy or others make the game a frustrated experience.

Even with LFG, this game looks dead for anything out of doing meta.

I spent hours looking for group to do dragon response missions achievements, just because they are private instance and some of them are not soloable.

Join a guild.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

The "Return to..." achievements aren't temporary and you can do them even after the event is over.

You get 250 map currency after completing tier 3 of the meta achievement, which took me no longer than 2 to 3 days of casual playing with virtually no repetitive farming.

It quite literally has never been so easy and quick to get the Skyscale.

Edited by Maikimaik.1974
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Then we won't have to trade our souls in trying to acquire one.

Seriously, the grind is unreal. And it's always excused with: "Well, it's optional!"

I'd rather have a mandatory skyscale that wasn't an egregious grind than an optional skyscale that left me feeling excluded and inferior for not being able to obtain one.

This you? https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/70924-do-you-still-use-your-raptor/page/4/

Going by you comment halfway though page 4 in the above link you already have the Skyscale and have had it for a year at the very least.  I think I'm going to agree with a few other posters on this thread and consider this to be a troll thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Join a guild.

I am already in 5 guilds...

I think Anet needs to increase the cap of guilds we can join, because apparently I need a different guild for each content in the game.

Or simply they could make those Challenges available in public instance.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Tell that to the weapons. lol

What do you mean? It's been obvious since day 1 Legendary weapons are a functional upgrade to any other tier that exists. You best explain yourself better if you want to make an issue with something I've ALREADY addressed in this thread. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK ... being annoying doesn't change the fact that they are a functional upgrade. 

Sure, but they're also a downgrade to the point of making us not use them in many cases.

I basically have no reason to ever use the Skyscale downgrade~ Griffon, unless I'm forced to for the LS races, which was first time I ever used it since Skyscale release. Skyscale is basically a required replacement, not just a functional upgrade/sidegrade.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Confused 4

Definitely a troll topic judging from the several proof unearthed.

But just in case, I'll indulge..

if you don't want to grind at all, you are playing a game in the wrong genre. For me personally, the grind has been worth it. Its all a process.  I have been using skyscale for like 98% of the time playing this game, so for me, the grind is very worth it. 

• Like 4

Skyscale collection was the first time I really considered quitting this game. I was dumbfounded how unfun it was for something so fun. Getting your own Dragon should've been an amazing moment, but it was just a 'thank god Im done' moment. 

I do hope they redo that one day, since a lot of new players are going to suffer there. 

They should look at the Gryphon collection, that was my favorite collection in the whole game. (I've never done an legendary weapon collection though)

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Skyscale collection was the first time I really considered quitting this game. I was dumbfounded how unfun it was for something so fun. Getting your own Dragon should've been an amazing moment, but it was just a 'thank god Im done' moment. 

I do hope they redo that one day, since a lot of new players are going to suffer there. 

They should look at the Gryphon collection, that was my favorite collection in the whole game. (I've never done an legendary weapon collection though)

A few of my friends actually did quit because of it. ;/ which is part of why I'm against it despite owning one. Generally GW2 was supposed to be more casual friendly than other games but it keeps moving away from that. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

I recall enjoying the Skyscale collection. I had money and resources...and time. The time didn't bother me so much. I'd rather spend time than play content I don't enjoy. As a point of reference, I have a Skyscale, but I only have one legendary weapon, one or two legendary trinkets and no legendary armor. Time + money + content I enjoy works for me.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

And Skyscales are indeed a requirement for end-game PvE, otherwise you can't follow the commander very easily or quickly.

This is wrong, they are not and you can.

16 minutes ago, Doggie.3184 said:

A few of my friends actually did quit because of it. ;/ which is part of why I'm against it despite owning one. Generally GW2 was supposed to be more casual friendly than other games but it keeps moving away from that. 

It still is casual friendly, without constatly raising lvl cap and gear treadmill. Having optional -which everything discussed here is- grindy content doesn't do anything against the claim of being casual friendly. Not that you are the first person to misunderstand the concept of a casual-friendly mmo.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Seriously, the grind is unreal. And it's always excused with: "Well, it's optional!"

I'd rather have a mandatory skyscale that wasn't an egregious grind than an optional skyscale that left me feeling excluded and inferior for not being able to obtain one.

For you, we're making "exceptions" with the next expansion and making game content purchasable via the Gems Shop. How about that?

Yes, playing a game can be exhausting. 😆 Why do I play games at all? 🤔

• Haha 4

22 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

But the return to s4 achievements bypass this grind majorly.

• Like 2