Shadow of the Mad King is Here!

Fire Attunement.9835

• ArenaNet Staff

Shadow of the Mad King has COMMENCED, and you’re invited to the frightening festivities! From now until November 9, 2021, fight devious denizens, obtain nauseating amounts of sweets, and deck out your wardrobe in ghoulish glamours! MAD KING SAYS... PLAY! 

To add more treats for your tricks, the first week of the event has been bundled with an additional Halloween Bonus Bash! Until October 12, 2021, Enjoy a 50% bonus to all EXP sources, 30% to PvP and WvW reward tracks, and 30% bonus to magic find—a perfect brew for all that collective candy hoarding! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Ugggghhh why on earth would you lock this new achievement behind content that alot of people simply cannot take part in due to accessibility? Locking an item for the collection behind the clocktower is a very bad idea.

Please remove.

she doesn't agree.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think 5 weeks are way too much. When usually the festivals seem to be only 3 weeks. (Exception the SAB previous year cause of COVID.) Is there a special reason? I know it should still run on halloween. But starting it next week and having it run for 3 weeks ... should have been enough.

There isn't really that much new content to need more time. (Unless it was planned to have 5 weeks so even new players can complete all the permanent stuff - old achievements + the new ones that got added.)

5 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I think 5 weeks are way too much. When usually the festivals seem to be only 3 weeks. (Exception the SAB previous year cause of COVID.) Is there a special reason? I know it should still run on halloween. But starting it next week and having it run for 3 weeks ... should have been enough.

There isn't really that much new content to need more time. (Unless it was planned to have 5 weeks so even new players can complete all the permanent stuff - old achievements + the new ones that got added.)

they  must occupy people how they can, there is absolutely nothing to do for months

And since the average gw2 player loves to farm for hours , they extend the event during  5 weeks

11 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Ugggghhh why on earth would you lock this new achievement behind content that alot of people simply cannot take part in due to accessibility? Locking an item for the collection behind the clocktower is a very bad idea.

Please remove.

calm down its only the chests in the clocktower, sure if u make it to the top and get that chest inside, more points but u can easily farm that first chest and die repeatedly, its very doable. 

3 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

calm down its only the chests in the clocktower, sure if u make it to the top and get that chest inside, more points but u can easily farm that first chest and die repeatedly, its very doable. 

Yeah that is my idea of fun, doing something 50 times that I really hate..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Does she have accessibility issues? No? then all you've demonstrated here is that you're ableist and have no interest in other people being able to play. Well done.

Its a timed and difficult JP just like Winter Wonderland. How can they make hard JP's more accessible? If you're going to complain about other's "misperceptions" then offer solutions.

Edited by HotDelirium.7984

1 hour ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Its a timed and difficult JP just like Winter Wonderland. How can they make hard JP's more accessible? If you're going to complain about other's "misperceptions" then offer solutions.

I did offer a solution. Remove it from the requirements. Including it adds nothing to the achievments but removing it makes the achievements possible for a lot of people, increasing the value of the overall experience. Job done.

Alternatively, add 5 points for each failed attempt, if you're maliciously determined to force people into unsuitable content because of your disturbing lack of empathy and apparent cynical sadism.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, wolfyrik.2017 said:

Does she have accessibility issues? No? then all you've demonstrated here is that you're ableist and have no interest in other people being able to play. Well done.

If arena had to adapt each content of this game to the level of accessibility of each person, there would be no longer any challenge / or interest to play  for those who do not have this kind of problem.

I understand that this is frustrating but arena takes into account the majority of players and the game is already very easy at all levels ...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

If arena had to adapt each content of this game to the level of accessibility of each person, there would be no longer any challenge / or interest to play  for those who do not have this kind of problem.

I understand that this is frustrating but arena takes into account the majority of players and the game is already very easy at all levels ...

This isn't even remotely true for this situation. We're talking about a tickbox of achievements, not gameplay. Removing the tickbox has no effect on the game's difficulty whatsoever. The clocktower exists in it's present difficulty in either scenario.
It wouldn't affect you in the slightest and you know it.

What removing it would do, is make the tickbox accessible to others. Nothing more. Your argument is bad-faith at best, excusing and endorsing ableism at worst.

Edited by wolfyrik.2017
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1