PvP is trash now

dani.5680

I see a lot of pvp streamers move away from this game! Is this because bots and trash ranked system? Or there are another reasons? Some of them move to games similar to GW2 but better PvP MM ratings and system! Anet will not do anything about it?

Saw at least 2-3 with 100+ viewers move(and 100+ viewers for GW2 is big) only in this week! Pvp streamers!

• Like 5

You can stay on gw2, tryhard, have high rating and 100 viewers AT BEST, or play other mmos like New World, FF14, even WoW despite massive migrations and try to grow into 500 viewers which is considered as small/close to medium type of MMO streamer...and doesnt really matter whether youre on top of the ladder or on the average level. Plus balance is kitten 🙂

GW2 is just bad for streaming/yt content for many reasons - gameplay type, things to do ingame, interactions with viewers, partnership with company etc. Theyre doing reasonable thing leaving sinking/constant ship, you wont grow as content creator with gw2 and there are many examples for that.

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Widmo.3186 said:

You can stay on gw2, tryhard, have high rating and 100 viewers AT BEST, or play other mmos like New World, FF14, even WoW despite massive migrations and try to grow into 500 viewers which is considered as small/close to medium type of MMO streamer...and doesnt really matter whether youre on top of the ladder or on the average level. Plus balance is kitten 🙂

GW2 is just bad for streaming/yt content for many reasons - gameplay type, things to do ingame, interactions with viewers, partnership with company etc. Theyre doing reasonable thing leaving sinking/constant ship, you wont grow as content creator with gw2 and there are many examples for that.

Sad! I see your point and you are right 100%

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

I'm on a crusade to change hearts and minds.

That's gonna be a tough journey, but godspeed. 

Sincerely,. 

A warrior that has had to deal with staff mirages explaining why they are fair and that kiting them is lame, back when staff 5 multidazed and immobed you.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, dani.5680 said:

I see a lot of pvp streamers move away from this game! Is this because bots and trash ranked system? Or there are another reasons? Some of them move to games similar to GW2 but better PvP MM ratings and system! Anet will not do anything about it?

Saw at least 2-3 with 100+ viewers move(and 100+ viewers for GW2 is big) only in this week! Pvp streamers!

They're unable to devote any staff to fixing up pvp because everyone is all hands on deck for EoD. 

This is no excuse, mind you. PvP has been in a state of decline ever since the removal of premades in ranked took a chunk of the playerbase that only played with people they knew right out of the pvp pool, and it feels like they've only been gently prodding at it to make sure it's still breathing since. 

If it isn't a lack of direction for pvp, it's the fact that the people with direction are being put on more pressing stuff constantly while pvp remains on the backburner ad infinitum. The developers posting about their vision for pvp and why they make the changes they make **seem** to understand what we need, but it never really ends up getting fully implemented.

Or, worse still, the plans get tossed out the window because some other skills need to be normalized to make room for other specs that will then present their own balancing troubles. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand what development crunch does to devs, and I cannot blame anything but the process for this. I'm sure somewhere deep in the cogs there, there's people stressed the hell out trying to do more than they should. Still, feeling like the last time pvp was taken seriously was in 2015 is a hell of a long time to be feeling neglected. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 11/3/2021 at 1:21 PM, dani.5680 said:

No surprise...the game is very badly managed and it's a far cry from the peak era of GW1, a combination of spoiled and rotten playerbase and a strong lack of design ideology have destroyed that legacy GW1 created and that was what attracted majority of people to GW2 in the first place.

Where in GW1 we had a design studio focused on adapting, innovating and creating fun content...in GW2 we have the opposite, they don't innovate or adapt, they simply downgrade to please a vocal and misdiricted playerbase, which is also very different from the playerbase of the last decade.

MMOs used to be a niche market with a very dedicated playerbase, you were rewarded for your time...now MMOs are made for the "playstation generation", the one made of players who buy the game today..and tomorrow expect to be dragon lords of the whole fantasy world...that sort of thing.

In GW1 as player you had to learn perfect timing to avoid interrupt, set change with "dodge" button, fake cast, positioning, timing CC as there was diminishing return......in GW2 players just want to rush at you, press all buttons and expect you to die, and if you don't....then clearly there is something wrong with the game and so we need to go the forum and complain even if I may have bought the game last week and got few dozen hours under my belt...that's your typical GW2 player.

Another thing: in GW1 if there was a mechanic/skill really too good for the effort, then the devs would change it so that it would still be effective but definitely less oppressive to fight....by contrast in GW2 these new devs simply nerf=delete the problematic build/skill so to please the vocal forum tribe throwing a tantrum on the forum.

So yeah, I am not surprised of what GW2 has become...of what MMOs have become these days, too mainstream too be any decent to watch or play like a streamer would, complexity and strategy are thrown out of the window to attract as many players as possible...boring to watch really

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

No surprise...the game is very badly managed and it's a far cry from the peak era of GW1, a combination of spoiled and rotten playerbase and a strong lack of design ideology have destroyed that legacy GW1 created and that was what attracted majority of people to GW2 in the first place.

Where in GW1 we had a design studio focused on adapting, innovating and creating fun content...in GW2 we have the opposite, they don't innovate or adapt, they simply downgrade to please a vocal and misdiricted playerbase, which is also very different from the playerbase of the last decade.

MMOs used to be a niche market with a very dedicated playerbase, you were rewarded for your time...now MMOs are made for the "playstation generation", the one made of players who buy the game today..and tomorrow expect to be dragon lords of the whole fantasy world...that sort of thing.

In GW1 as player you had to learn perfect timing to avoid interrupt, set change with "dodge" button, fake cast, positioning, timing CC as there was diminishing return......in GW2 players just want to rush at you, press all buttons and expect you to die, and if you don't....then clearly there is something wrong with the game and so we need to go the forum and complain even if I may have bought the game last week and got few dozen hours under my belt...that's your typical GW2 player.

Another thing: in GW1 if there was a mechanic/skill really too good for the effort, then the devs would change it so that it would still be effective but definitely less oppressive to fight....by contrast in GW2 these new devs simply nerf=delete the problematic build/skill so to please the vocal forum tribe throwing a tantrum on the forum.

So yeah, I am not surprised of what GW2 has become...of what MMOs have become these days, too mainstream too be any decent to watch or play like a streamer would, complexity and strategy are thrown out of the window to attract as many players as possible...boring to watch really

Well written. Just compare GW2 Memer to GW1 Mesmer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

You described powerblock mesmers and you didn't even know it (which was nerfed btw). These things were in the game the community does not actually want these things.

Edited by Genesis.5169

46 minutes ago, Genesis.5169 said:

You described powerblock mesmers and you didn't even know it (which was nerfed btw). These things were in the game the community does not actually want these things.

Sadly GW2 Power Mesmer by design was just yet another "burst yo" spec, rather than GW1 denial spec.

Imagine, if they would give Mesmer proper squishy support disrupt spec that overload enemies with soft cc (slow, chill, weaken, blind) maybe a bit of weak poison just for heal reduction on top of that and put thier skills on CD with Power Block and boon rip, which would be opposite way of supporting than core Guardian does  rather than just explode people with daze-stun locks 😉

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 10:21 AM, dani.5680 said:

Not because bots, high tier doesnt have them often, it is cause thr company doesnt dev good classes, doesnt balance properly and doesnt make new and interest content to conquest. 

I left ranked months ago and now I left the game almost completely, it is boring how bad it is now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Morwath.9817 said:

Sadly GW2 Power Mesmer by design was just yet another "burst yo" spec, rather than GW1 denial spec.

Imagine, if they would give Mesmer proper squishy support disrupt spec that overload enemies with soft cc (slow, chill, weaken, blind) maybe a bit of weak poison just for heal reduction on top of that and put thier skills on CD with Power Block and boon rip, which would be opposite way of supporting than core Guardian does  rather than just explode people with daze-stun locks 😉

mes had that in a trait before HoT, every time a clone was shattered it inflicted 3sec of weakness, cripple, and i think some bleed stacks.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:28 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

That's gonna be a tough journey, but godspeed. 

Sincerely,. 

A warrior that has had to deal with staff mirages explaining why they are fair and that kiting them is lame, back when staff 5 multidazed and immobed you.

They're unable to devote any staff to fixing up pvp because everyone is all hands on deck for EoD. 

This is no excuse, mind you. PvP has been in a state of decline ever since the removal of premades in ranked took a chunk of the playerbase that only played with people they knew right out of the pvp pool, and it feels like they've only been gently prodding at it to make sure it's still breathing since. 

If it isn't a lack of direction for pvp, it's the fact that the people with direction are being put on more pressing stuff constantly while pvp remains on the backburner ad infinitum. The developers posting about their vision for pvp and why they make the changes they make **seem** to understand what we need, but it never really ends up getting fully implemented.

Or, worse still, the plans get tossed out the window because some other skills need to be normalized to make room for other specs that will then present their own balancing troubles. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand what development crunch does to devs, and I cannot blame anything but the process for this. I'm sure somewhere deep in the cogs there, there's people stressed the hell out trying to do more than they should. Still, feeling like the last time pvp was taken seriously was in 2015 is a hell of a long time to be feeling neglected. 

Wait, I'm confused, you can't que 5man in pvp? Is that why I only see people saying Duo here? They actually killed the pre-made pvp scene entirely? Why? Returned to the game recently but surely removing the ability to que as a 3-5man squad is an extremly dumb idea? 
Would explain why I don't see pvp chatter in my guild much, cause apparently its become an entirely solo thing to do? That's no fun. 

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Wait, I'm confused, you can't que 5man in pvp? Is that why I only see people saying Duo here? They actually killed the pre-made pvp scene entirely? Why? Returned to the game recently but surely removing the ability to que as a 3-5man squad is an extremly dumb idea? 
Would explain why I don't see pvp chatter in my guild much, cause apparently its become an entirely solo thing to do? That's no fun. 

You can que as solo or duo for ranked only. 

You can que as many people as you want for unranked.

There are daily and monthly 5v5 premade tournaments as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Best post in this forum since a decade. Im a GW 1 Vet too and can only say: so true.

3 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

mes had that in a trait before HoT, every time a clone was shattered it inflicted 3sec of weakness, cripple, and i think some bleed stacks.

Yep! It was a toxic trait back then, it didn't operate only when you shattered, it applied those conditions every time a clone died or expired  basically you'd also be punished for cleaving clones as melee, or if the mesmer capped on clones and dodged with DE to trigger clone expiration. Reminds me of the time Chaos Aura didn't have a ICD. Fun times 😀

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

Yep! It was a toxic trait back then, it didn't operate only when you shattered, it applied those conditions every time a clone died or expired  basically you'd also be punished for cleaving clones as melee, or if the mesmer capped on clones and dodged with DE to trigger clone expiration. Reminds me of the time Chaos Aura didn't have a ICD. Fun times 😀

oof forgot it was when they died instead. such dumb lol. i do really miss that confusion on entering a glamour trait tho, wish it was back so mesmers wouldn't be so sad in wvw zerging.