We need to increase Ferocity across the board

Since Anet likes to play with amulets (i guess easy change?), try to increase ferocity on all amulets by 200/300/400/what ever you choose, Ferocity will primarly effect high single strike dmg, while smaller strikes are profiting a bit less, this would increase the punishment in the game a lot more, and across all classes equaly, if it works well you could decide to raise the numbers a bit on condi dmg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

No. The damage reduction that happened feb 2020 was fine. The problem was they also gutted cooldowns, which ultimately became a boon to both zerging and passives. 

Very good point. The thing I despised more than the damage reductions was how much they increased the cooldowns.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Since Anet likes to play with amulets (i guess easy change?), try to increase ferocity on all amulets by 200/300/400/what ever you choose, Ferocity will primarly effect high single strike dmg, while smaller strikes are profiting a bit less, this would increase the punishment in the game a lot more, and across all classes equaly, if it works well you could decide to raise the numbers a bit on condi dmg.

Yes, buff Valk ranger. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

No. The damage reduction that happened feb 2020 was fine. The problem was they also gutted cooldowns, which ultimately became a boon to both zerging and passives. 

Some were deserved, but others like Shake It Off or Twist of Fate being 75 seconds per charge is ridiculous. Esp for Warrior.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

Yes, buff Valk ranger. 

Delete tails wipe first for sure, but that would buff every high dmg skill from classes that suffer from fighting an eternity, warrior, thief, guard, ele, Ranger,  OFC fixing those classes would be much better but anet doesn't do it and that's the simplest change I can see what they can do

2 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Delete tails wipe first for sure, but that would buff every high dmg skill from classes that suffer from fighting an eternity, warrior, thief, guard, ele, Ranger,  OFC fixing those classes would be much better but anet doesn't do it and that's the simplest change I can see what they can do

I mean... after tail swipe there's lightning breath which can dish out some easy 7k damage as well lmao ranger needs a whole new kind of 25feb patch because it can dish out way too much damage with 0 actual risks

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I mean... after tail swipe there's lightning breath which can dish out some easy 7k damage as well lmao ranger needs a whole new kind of 25feb patch because it can dish out way too much damage with 0 actual risks

What Ranger does need is some redesigns, not nerfs. To begin with, Ranger for most of GW2 history was good just at one thing when he was good, outliving his enemies. If you nerf him at that, it will be good for nothing class (like pre-HoT).

Like if they would redesign Ranger for EoD so:

1. Druid becomes viable supporter like Core Guardian. To achieve that Druid would need easier access to Celestial Avatar (toggle like Spectre shroud) and CA skills would do more outgoing healing to other allies. Glyphs would grant boons to allies and few pets would be reworked to low damage but all their abilities (passive and active) would have group hug effects with more benefits for Druid allies than himself (to avoid solo bunkering).
  2. Soulbeast becomes fully fledged roamer, who can take Thief role and has as much mobility. To make that happen either new pet has to be added, or one of existing is reworked, so merge gives three movement abilities to catch up on mobility with Thief.
  3. Untamed as either solo bruiser or teamfighter. Pet focused with pet control.
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

You guys are digging in the wrong place, I think that the glicko2 system punishes spam games, because it is 5vs5, and it, in turn, was created for more people in one battle.

P. S. oh sorry, except for the comments from Morwath about the rangers. His proposal creates a more multifaceted scenario,  especially when it comes to meta pvp modifiers.  I think you know that meta is just meta pvp modifiers.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

Although gw2 tries to introduce an Eastern philosophy of combat, there is a meta flaw in this game. Eastern philosophy of combat initially concluded that all styles are important, the only difference is in skill. When here meta weapons and specializations become those who are easier to inflict damage, then you yourself should understand that this is a fiasco when trying to implement the eastern philosophy of combat. Weapons and specializations that are hard to deal damage should punish harder. In the Eastern philosophy of combat, there was no such thing as meta.

Edit: Oh pardon - Damage, healing, or tanking should punish harder if it's harder to do so.

Edited by DomHemingway.8436

Here is a rough description of one of the most difficult styles, the drunk fist, to understand how deep the Eastern philosophy of combat is.

A sober head, drunken movement and appearance, the mind controls the fist. Ignore shapes, the heart and the fist are one whole. Losing does not mean losing, winning does not mean winning. Inebriation is a lie of the mind, a fist is true, a good fist is not stopped.

To study this style, it was necessary to abandon the division of the mind into duality - judgment and approval. How to do this? Learn to observe and become aware of oneself as a whole. Many sages have left clues, e.g., Buddha, Osho, even Jesus, except for the fanatical perception of his words by his followers, because most likely at the age of 20 he roamed the east.

This is how one of the interpretations of the Eastern philosophy of combat looks like suddenly it will serve as some inspiration.

P. S. That's why I said that the most terrible prison is within us, the sages left the keys to get out of it, and the oriental martial arts realized that the most powerful adversary - ego - was guarding this prison.

27 minutes ago, DomHemingway.8436 said:

Here is a rough description of one of the most difficult styles, the drunk fist, to understand how deep the Eastern philosophy of combat is.

A sober head, drunken movement and appearance, the mind controls the fist. Ignore shapes, the heart and the fist are one whole. Losing does not mean losing, winning does not mean winning. Inebriation is a lie of the mind, a fist is true, a good fist is not stopped.

To study this style, it was necessary to abandon the division of the mind into duality - judgment and approval. How to do this? Learn to observe and become aware of oneself as a whole. Many sages have left clues, e.g., Buddha, Osho, even Jesus, except for the fanatical perception of his words by his followers, because most likely at the age of 20 he roamed the east.

This is how one of the interpretations of the Eastern philosophy of combat looks like suddenly it will serve as some inspiration.

P. S. That's why I said that the most terrible prison is within us, the sages left the keys to get out of it, and the oriental martial arts realized that the most powerful adversary - ego - was guarding this prison.

as someone said in another post.
Sir this is a Wendy's.

• Like 1