New Skimmer skin plays WUBWUB!

Shade.8971

17 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

With this skimmer skin they've basically ensured I will never use a skiff.

If they add a synergetics raptor or jackal hover bike I may never use another skin again.

Watch them add a high tech skiff. 

I can see it now with high tech seats and built in holo-computers for those sitting in the boat.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

While the skin itself is great I'm still kinda disappointed here. I would have wished they used the "hoverbike" theme for the raptor and gave us something more "submarine themed" for the skimmer.

I honestly think Anet maybe planning for a hoverbike for the raptor later. Each mount have potential hover-mount style design if we think about it with Raptor and Jackel maybe a hoverbike with both Griffin and Sky scale being a Hover-Jets

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

When can I get my Hyperjet Griffon? Or my Hypercopter Skyscale?

My best guess it maybe a yearly thing. 

We got the Synergetics Roller Beetle skin last year and now this year the Synergetics Skimmer skin.

If this is true then sadly we may have to wait for next year to see the next Synergetics Mount skin.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Who came up with this ridiculously awesome idea?

Fixed that for ya! 😄

Seriously, this thing looks amazing. I love its look and especially its sound effects. Asura engineering for the win!

Edited by Batel.9206
Typo...that's what I get for typing way too fast.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Sure... if you like a classic fantasy settings being mixed up with sci-fi toys. :classic_unsure:

Who came up with this ridiculous idea? :classic_angry:

lol - Shadowrun completely broke down the walls between fantasy and sci-fi for me from the first time I played it on Super Nintendo in 1993. Call it "Lord of the Rings meets Cyberpunk". Elves, orcs, trolls, and dwarves can use magic or cyber-enhanced bodies/armament to wreak havoc in every direction. I loved it so much that I played every version of the video game from that first 1993 Snes release to the last release on Steam in 2015. That's just me though. I can't fault you for wanting to keep them as separate genres. It's a matter of personal opinion.

Shadowrun (SNES) Playthrough - NintendoComplete - YouTube

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Drakor.9127 said:

You must not play Asuran race toons, smh.

At this point, I am surprised people still do not accepted that GW2 is Sci-fi Fantasy. 

The way they handle Zhaitan arc when GW2 was first released showing how each country's technology need to start adopted more Sci-fi theme stuff with their magic stuff to fight the Elder Dragons and their minions since pure magic and pure technology were not cutting it against them.

Season 1 showed the early consequences of the new development towards Sci-fi Fantasy technology.  

Ya their design for current buildings and city design did not change since this is still during the early stages of such technology path choices and development but the more little things were going to be affected the most such as methods of transportation, weapons, and etc.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

At this point, I am surprised people still do not accepted that GW2 is Sci-fi Fantasy. 

The way they handle Zhaitan arc when GW2 was first released showing how each country's technology need to start adopted more Sci-fi theme stuff with their magic stuff to fight the Elder Dragons and their minions since pure magic and pure technology were not cutting it against them.

Season 1 showed the early consequences of the new development towards Sci-fi Fantasy technology.  

Ya their design for current buildings and city design did not change since this is still during the early stages of such technology path choices and development but the more little things were going to be affected the most such as methods of transportation, weapons, and etc.

Which is why i'm hopeful that Cantha wil have more sci-fi stuffs
It has been 250 years, doesn't matter if they isolate themself, advancement need to be made to fight off potential threat

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

lol - Shadowrun completely broke down the walls between fantasy and sci-fi for me from the first time I played it on Super Nintendo in 1993. Call it "Lord of the Rings meets Cyberpunk". Elves, orcs, trolls, and dwarves can use magic or cyber-enhanced bodies/armament to wreak havoc in every direction. I loved it so much that I played every version of the video game from that first 1993 Snes release to the last release on Steam in 2015. That's just me though. I can't fault you for wanting to keep them as separate genres. It's a matter of personal opinion.

Nintendo?!  I remember when Shadowrun was pen and paper!!

All respect to those who like their science fiction and fantasy on opposite ends of the table, but there's a long tradition of blending them.  Anne McCaffrey and Ursula  Le Guin for the win!

On topic: I've been holding off on the skin only because I don't use the skimmer much... but this is sounding like something my engineers really need.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Bless you 😃

• Thanks 1