What are you wainting from next week's Beta test

Dawanarth.4601

Small Numerical Adjustment, or more consequent mechanic change ?

I hope the Alliance mechanic will get a big change (to give more control to the player)

Spoiler

The F2 should be split in 2 (F2/F3) and possibly given a F4 if needed:

F2: Switch all skills to Archemorus, give some boons depending on how many skill switched (Quickness) or reduce the cooldown depending on the number of switchs

F3: Switch all skill to St. Viktor, give some boons depending on how many skill switched  (Heal) or reduce the cooldown depending on the number of switchs

F4: Effect dependent on the Focused legend or something

F2 and F3 would remain the same when using another legend, just without the Switched skill

Greatsword:

Spoiler

4. Imperial Guard: Change it to count the damage, Maybe the damage of the highest attack * Number of Strikes (*0.X to balance the attack)

I hope they take a look into the traits. The dodge mechanic isn't something I like (I'd prefer if they changed it to the regular mechanic) but if it is going to stay, at least don't make the traits so heavily centered around it. There are other things needed like condition cleanse, damage multipliers or additional effects (like Retribution's dome on healing).

I also don't like the icon design. The Archemorus/Viktor icons, except for the elites, feel extremely poor, like a recolored version of each other. And the Greatsword icons don't match the Revenant theme at all, it seems like Guardian weapon skills.

The F2 skill is very poor. Too cost heavy for its effect and useless outside A/V. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I don't suspect we'll see major changes so soon, but the class really does need major changes. Tying together two legends with opposite roles on a mandatory rollover mechanic just isn't it. Maybe they should give us two separate new legends, or maybe they should change the F2 to trigger the other legend's skill on your next skill only (and at a lower cost).

Edited by Duke Blackrose.4981

Hopefully they fix the bugs allowing us to take damage during the dodge, also it felt very bad to trait for the damage buff and die to condis while waiting what feels like an eternity to come down. It is too weak in pve, and lacks cc for break bars, urn is bad and at the very least should be instacast. F2 is underwhelming especially when not in LA stance. 

Basically fix bugs, tune numbers, maybe add some cc and rework urn.

Just watched the GW2 stream and CMC gave some updates coming for next beta for all classes. Seems there are two major changes Vindicator will get:

• All Grandmaster dodge traits will now be 100 energy (instead of 50, 100, 150 energy)
  • An F3 has been created to lock Alliance stance

I'm OK with the 100 energy on dodge. The vigor trait and heal/barrier dodge were broken in PvP. It needed to be fixed and the massive damage dodge wasn't impactful enough. Stamina Sigil will be really good in open world and WvW zerging (since they gave a max of 100 energy on kill)

As far as the Alliance Stance F3 lock that @Kidel.2057 advocated for - I'm OK with it as long as there is a function for the F3 when Alliance stance is not used. It needs to have an effect for all legends.

I'm sure we'll see some minor tweaking to other numbers, but we'll have to wait until patch notes come out.

You're in luck , they addressed the alliance swap:

The two sides of Alliance Legend are most useful when aligned with matching build and gear choices, and the swapping mechanic makes it difficult to use the skills you want to.

Specific changes made in response to this feedback: Now when Alliance Legend is active, you have a 'F3' Alliance Tactics skill, which will toggle your Alliance Legend skills between Kurzick and Luxon skills at no energy cost, with a 10 second cooldown, to allow you to more specifically toggle skills on demand without activating that slot first.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/104968-end-of-dragons-elite-specialization-updates/

Edited by Infusion.7149

13 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:

Just watched the GW2 stream and CMC gave some updates coming for next beta for all classes. Seems there are two major changes Vindicator will get:

• All Grandmaster dodge traits will now be 100 energy (instead of 50, 100, 150 energy)
  • An F3 has been created to lock Alliance stance

I'm OK with the 100 energy on dodge. The vigor trait and heal/barrier dodge were broken in PvP. It needed to be fixed and the massive damage dodge wasn't impactful enough. Stamina Sigil will be really good in open world and WvW zerging (since they gave a max of 100 energy on kill)

As far as the Alliance Stance F3 lock that @Kidel.2057 advocated for - I'm OK with it as long as there is a function for the F3 when Alliance stance is not used. It needs to have an effect for all legends.

I'm sure we'll see some minor tweaking to other numbers, but we'll have to wait until patch notes come out.

I don't think F3 needs to have a function outside Alliance. It's that legend mechanic, it's an Elite legend, it makes sense. 
Don't misunderstand me: I'm ok with it having a function outside Alliance, I'm not opposing your idea. What I'm saying is that it's not a requirement (as long as it only appears when Alliance is selected as the active legend, but I'm sure that's how it will be). 

If they ever add F3 on other legend it should be to balance Vindicator over Core Rev and also to power up Vindicator builds not using Alliance. 

What I also think needs to happen is a trait to make Saint Viktor the default loadout to allow for pure support builds (such as Ventari+SaitViktor). It's a bit odd to swap to Alliance on a healer Rev and having to press F3 all the time. 

Well I am actually glad that they didn’t nerf the GS with CC, but glad to see the aoe daze on stun break. That said if they were going to put hard cc on the GS I would prefer it on the leap.

The 10% buff on endurance not full is nice, and the split for FoD damage is also great. I’m also looking forward to not having ridiculous air time with FoD which should also improve the dps bench, as well as feel a lot better in competitive.

15 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

The alliance needs to go. Having no ability to choose utilities is restricting enough. Having a utility switch system inside a utility switch system is a kittening disaster.

It's a little weird ... but it's not really the disaster you say. Effectively, the spec allows three legends we can choose from instead of two. If you think about it ... it's pretty awesome since the overlap of effects from the skills are different enough to make the choice/swap meaningful over all three legends. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

On 11/27/2021 at 1:01 AM, otto.5684 said:

The alliance needs to go. Having no ability to choose utilities is restricting enough. Having a utility switch system inside a utility switch system is a kittening disaster.

They gave us the ability for it to only swap when u press f2 they no longer flip at all otherwise. 

Which hopefully will improve the problem. But yeah it's a weird mechanic 

Edited by Daddy.8125

1 hour ago, Kidel.2057 said:

Damage and combat flow. If the gameplay is close to Herald and non-Kalla Renegade I'll be happy. And this spec has little to no support on the Luxon side, so it needs to be available as a powerhouse DPS. 

The legend itself isn't made for end game PvE dps. This legend have impactful skills which fit well with the concept of a short burst of damage or support. I don't expect the alliance legend to ever have a significant impact in PvE. GS isn't going to work well with impossible odds which is the "power dps skill" of the revenant in PvE.

So yeah, if you're fine with playing sw/sw shiro/jalis vindicator, your gameplay and combat flow won't change much (ah... well, the dodge is bound to break your combat flow, thought.) 

So i tried it out and I'm not going to really use it, it's kind of bland compared to the Herald and the Renegade, both have very distinctive idea behind them

Herald having Active Signet, and with the Devour system that fit nicely on Glint's lore

Renegade with the Warband and the Black Citadel Support, that fit quite well with Kalla Scorchrazor own lore and story

While on the Vindicator had an initial idea that was unwieldy but thematic, the skill flipping on use representing the fact that the 2 legends who came from bitter enemies had to fight together to fell Shiro Tagachi.

Now that they fully took it out it really has no mechanic that could have only realistically worked on the Revenant

Also:

• Going on a mount always seemed to put me on Saint Viktor, I don't know if it's the same for everyone else
  • Can't we speed up the dodge ? Like during the dodge, trying to dodge again would drop you sooner but make it less effective
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...