World Linking 11/26/2021

Cal Cohen.2358

25 minutes ago, Evenge.4067 said:

FC has been a hosting server and in Tier 1/Tier 2 for several weeks yet you just made them a linked server?  🤔 CD/FC should be dam strong.  

Yeeaaah that ones weird.   Going from ~10k to staying in t1 to being off the board as the smaller server is kind of nuts. 

Sad to see Henge unpaired with TC, that might make late night pacific even more terrible in t1. 

49 minutes ago, Rider.6024 said:

mag and dh gonna be crazy to go against, but I dont think they will mesh well

I dunno man, wouldn't all their gankers be celebrating right now?

But hey if they don't mesh well they can do what everyone else does, leave mag to ebg, play on the 3 other maps lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorem.8104 said:

These Re-links, lol, really gonna need that alliance system in soon 

How will that change anything? In EU we pretty much already have the alliance system running and it is not working very well at all. Every relink there are movments from servers to other servers and some bandwagoning going on. The players them self in EU have decided since the links became a thing how they will play their game and moving and moving and moving with their groups of their likes. I don't see how this have made EU any better.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

How will that change anything? In EU we pretty much already have the alliance system running and it is not working very well at all. Every relink there are movments from servers to other servers and some bandwagoning going on. The players them self in EU have decided since the links became a thing how they will play their game and moving and moving and moving with their groups of their likes. I don't see how this have made EU any better.

bandwagoning and server transfer after the teams have been built (aka re-link) will no longer be possible. 
iirc once the teams have been set (or in other words, after alliances have been built out of guilds + random players) you cannot change your team. Even though you can mark a different alliance-guild mid-season, your assigned team won´t change until the next season (aka re-link). that has been stated in the past already. Unless ANet decides to give player the option to transfer mid-season. 

also: linking-system =/= alliances. to say "we pretty much already have the alliance system running" is straight up wrong. because, we don´t

Edited by Custodio.6134
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, volpenvieh.3201 said:

Beta hasn't even started yet and there's already the next bug visible ^^'

Phoenix Dawn was one of the "teams" during the last beta.

https://imgur.com/a/SAar9Ft

They said they would test backend alliance stuff ahead of next weeks beta, without fully enabling it. Its probably just dummies.

But then again it doesnt make much sense since thats not supposed to be how it works, a world is only one team.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

6 hours ago, Meridian.9103 said:

Miller is dying only because it gets relinked with Elona over and over and over again. Why, Anet? Why?

Miller died the moment the Dzago bandwagon got on there like 1 or 2 years ago and made players and Miller's biggest guild leave. If anyone is to blame then it's them. Some of them were downright creepy (which was the last straw for me and made me leave though that was last year where most of them were gone already). They also threw constant hissy fits if someone questioned their "strategy".

Most of them aren't on Miller anymore thankfully but you still notice the difference in atmosphere.

Also, the feeling is mutual I think, only a few want to remain linked on both sides. Though I'd rather take Miller over most of the international servers (most of them were a nightmare to deal with)

Edited by Xenon Z.6015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I dunno man, wouldn't all their gankers be celebrating right now?

But hey if they don't mesh well they can do what everyone else does, leave mag to ebg, play on the 3 other maps lol.

Mag had a lot of drama recently, so the folks that moved out have moved to several other servers, including DH - so they left Mag only to get linked with them a week or 2 later lol. Even anet is trying to keep the toxicity contained after it tried to get out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chunky Milk.2130 said:

Mag had a lot of drama recently, so the folks that moved out have moved to several other servers, including DH - so they left Mag only to get linked with them a week or 2 later lol. Even anet is trying to keep the toxicity contained after it tried to get out.

Yeah didn't penguinz group moved there last relink? lol

3 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

You can't Bandwagon anymore with alliances, it will finally fix and solve that massive issue with the linking system, no more stacked servers or problems of one-sidededness. If done well it will be pure balanced even teams. Learn about alliances before posting 🙂

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 6:34 PM, Iavra.8510 said:

Bye FSP, i had a lot of fun during our weeks together ❤️ Also very strange to suddenly have a german map chat. I'm not sure if i like it, yet 😄

Be glad you are not linked with FSP at the moment. We get steamrolled into oblivion by FOW this week. Terrible match-up.

As of writing this FOW owns all of EB save for one or two camps.

Edited by Sonderm.4639
  • Haha 1