Vision Collection Feedback

Svarty.8019

I quite enjoyed doing many of the various weapon collections, and the ones for Aurora (excepting that godawful Draconis Mons timegate).

The collections for Vision, on the other hand, are bloody diabolical.

The time gate in Istan was a pain in the butt, as was the Rose Quartz accumulation.

Forcing players to complete map Mastery for Jahai Bluffs is lazy and prohibitive.

I didn't get further than that but it's already harder than all the other collections put together.

Overall, I'd have to say that this particular collection is a miserable and disappointing experience. I may be surprised, but I am anything but delighted. A pox on those responsible for it! 

Edited by Svarty.8019
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

That quartz farm was really easy.  You can farm about 180-200 an hour, for a couple minutes work.

Since the meteors drop 15 minutes after the last one, you can set a timer and go do something else for 10 minutes. I did chores and work stuff between meteors. 

Or, you can park a second character in the zone and swap characters for each meteor (you have just enough time to get 2 on any node). 

Or, if you are lucky, you can find a multi-map where you instance swap to double or triple your meteors. 

If you do the alt or multi-map options, you will hit the 30 meteor limit fairly fast each day.

I didn’t use the advanced methods, and still got it done in 3-4 days of casual play. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think the OP's looking for advice on how to do the various achievements, more that they're lamenting the quality of the so-called "content".

None of these collections are a pleasant experience, and ANet have a nasty habit of making you endlessly repeat something that grows tiresome after even one repetition.

It's "lowest possible effort" development, and a way to artificially extend player engagement (and therefore exposure to monetisation systems), without delivering anything actually new.

Don't get me wrong, the above comes across as overly negative, but I'll grudgingly accept that ANet have to find some way of making sure players continue to log in on a daily basis in order to increase potential revenue so that they can keep paying wages.

But that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's a miserable experience that barely qualifies as actual gameplay.

You'll see a lot of people who have already done it defending the choice, as it's difficult for people to admit they've spent their time (and possibly money) doing something unfulfilling and vacuous.

And this is the same for anything that requires a grind. It's a variant of Stockholm Syndrome and confirmation bias.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

You'll see a lot of people who have already done it defending the choice, as it's difficult for people to admit they've spent their time (and possibly money) doing something unfulfilling and vacuous.

My opinion of that specific farm was not unfulfilling or vacuous.  Is it the best, no.  Is it the worst, no.  It's just some farming and/or grinding, something that is present in many parts of the game, more-so when trying to attain Legendary gear.  The specific step of attain Rose Quartz was far from being worse than other activates we are forced into doing to attain other Legendary items (look up GoB/GoE threads as a prime example).

At some point, we can accept that this is the game we were given, and yeah, we can complain about it, but if we are still playing it, then Anet doesn't need to change anything.  Since Anet has a track record of not updating old content, I doubt Vision or others change anytime soon.

But, consider this, Anet has learned from the experience of players working on Legendary items and has made it easier to attain newer Legendary items, as seen with the Return To achievement.  Prismatic Champions Regalia may be the easiest Legendary to attain by a wide margin.  As well they are giving us a Legendary Pre-cursor from this.  Now we do not know how involved making the Aurene Legendary will be (or the follow up dragon skins), but so far, zero gold investment and zero grinds outside of actually playing the game.

Those are identifiers, to me, that Anet wants to move the player base towards owning more Legendary items.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out at EoD launch, but I am cautiously aware that we could see new legendary items with 'easier' collections.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Those are identifiers, to me, that Anet wants to move the player base towards owning more Legendary items.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out at EoD launch, but I am cautiously aware that we could see new legendary items with 'easier' collections.

I certainly hope that's the case.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, ardhikaizecson.3697 said:

I'll gladly do Aurora achievemtn again, it's one of the most fun I've had in gw2 and truly feel like legendary journey, vision on other hand is just craft craft grind grind

This actually is not a bad comment. Two years ago I bought a second account, just to have some fun with twins. Well, now my twin is fully legendary and I had quite a good experience getting some of the account-based rewards for a second time. To me, it was much more fun to roll a new char on a new account and going through the rewarding mastery system rewards again, getting mounts and glider again and doing the return to Living World events last year on both accounts simultaneously.

While many complained about the content drought, I had fun getting my second account up-to-speed before the release of the EoD expansion.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea I stalled on Vision a bit. Currently the biggest problems are problem doing the "A Star to Guide us" meta achieve as you cannot get the Joko's staff thing otherwise, and just slogging through the Dragonfall ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That was one of the first ones I finished the mastery on...there are so many in that one and you don't have to do 100% all of them to get mastery. I absolutely suck at doing story instance achievements (like seriously, how many people can actually get through the laser hallway without getting hit once, lol)...so I'm super super glad that those don't require 100% completion to get mastery. I can tick off the griffin mastery achievements before I can get through that kitten laser hallway. 

Right now I'm stuck on powdered rose quartz in Istan...and I HATE camping in Istan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea I stalled on Vision a bit. Currently the biggest problems are problem doing the "A Star to Guide us" meta achieve as you cannot get the Joko's staff thing otherwise, and just slogging through the Dragonfall ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

WvW reward tracks.  What you need for the mastery achievement is the various armor pieces.  You can get those from completing the WvW reward tracks.  I just completed Vision on both of my accounts just a couple weeks ago, and I burnt through some of my saved up WvW reward potions to do the 2 or 3 reward tracks rather than completing the episode mastery achievements.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

That was one of the first ones I finished the mastery on...there are so many in that one and you don't have to do 100% all of them to get mastery. I absolutely suck at doing story instance achievements (like seriously, how many people can actually get through the laser hallway without getting hit once, lol)...so I'm super super glad that those don't require 100% completion to get mastery. I can tick off the griffin mastery achievements before I can get through that kitten laser hallway. 

Right now I'm stuck on powdered rose quartz in Istan...and I HATE camping in Istan. 

1. Upgrade your multitool, mark the meteor, and don't start harvesting until 5 people have marked the meteor.
  2. Guild harvesting booster from the bartender in your guild hall.
  3. Check the LFG to see if someone has a Meteor Farm listed
  4. Use the TP for the quartz dust.  I ended up buying a few stacks from there, and I've sold more than a few stacks there.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

1. Upgrade your multitool, mark the meteor, and don't start harvesting until 5 people have marked the meteor.
  2. Guild harvesting booster from the bartender in your guild hall.
  3. Check the LFG to see if someone has a Meteor Farm listed
  4. Use the TP for the quartz dust.  I ended up buying a few stacks from there, and I've sold more than a few stacks there.

Thanks for the tips! I think I've only unlocked 3/5 of the multitool skills. I'm super poor atm in-game and I'm trying really hard not to just buy gems to convert to gold like I always do. I don't have the dedication to farm gold. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Haha 1

The Problem i see about those Items is, that new players will struggle to get them. Because there are only few players doing the Bounties as example. Anet has to rewatch this because it is stupid when u can't do content because nobody is on the map.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

The Problem i see about those Items is, that new players will struggle to get them. Because there are only few players doing the Bounties as example. Anet has to rewatch this because it is stupid when u can't do content because nobody is on the map.

There's always someone doing bounties in Istan, Sandswept, and Kourna...at least there is whenever I'm on the maps and that's a lot since I'm currently working on Vision. There's usually someone doing bounties in Jahai as well. All the bounty stuff I needed for Vision was done no prob. Right now my hurdle is farming meteorites... 😕

PoF maps? Those are hard to find bounty trains. But we don't need those for Vision. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.294 said:

WvW reward tracks.  What you need for the mastery achievement is the various armor pieces.  You can get those from completing the WvW reward tracks.  I just completed Vision on both of my accounts just a couple weeks ago, and I burnt through some of my saved up WvW reward potions to do the 2 or 3 reward tracks rather than completing the episode mastery achievements.

Well, that's why I brought up Joko's staff- you can't get that from reward track. I actually got most of the Kralkritite Ore from reward track.

Although I feel like that is not a practical option for many reading so would like more info.

21 hours ago, DragonMoon.6098 said:

Well, I'm just going to buy most of that when the time comes.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

5 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

I am just finishing Vision, just got the precursor and I had no issue with any event.  Vision in general seemed quite easy to me and non grindy (minus the Istan stuff but you can just buy the powdered quartz and ore you can get now with IBS), maybe because I really like LS4 maps and played them a lot. Maybe Thunderhead is a bit less populated but on the other hand I had the least ahievs on that map and had no issue getting all the stuff for Vision. 

I was in Jahai last daily and the map was full of tags doing various stuff.

Aurora seems a bit more annoying. Especially with some items that are rng drops from metas. Met some people that hadn't got the drop in several events (like the item from Jade Constructs in Bloodstone Fen, I got it on first try though).

• Sad 1